IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

Im never fully confident going into a Derby as i imagine most aren't but i am dreading tomorrow! The lack of fight, intensity and passion in our team is awful and its all down to Martinez, Hate to say it but i think we are going to get tonked tomorrow night!

The tempo they play at under Klopp, we are in for a bad night. We don't have anywhere near the fitness to cope with them, let alone the strategy.

Our strategy hasn't changed since the first game of the season. All Premiership teams know exactly how we will play, at home or away.

We don't perform well against teams who press hard, we like time on the ball. The other problem is, we don't press. When we lose possession we drop back into our own half and wait to see what the opposition are going to do. Often, the opposition do it very quickly and we are caught out with not enough defenders behind the ball. Having tactics which are based on who we are playing seems to be beyond Roberto's skill level.

Our strategy hasn't changed since the first game of the season. All Premiership teams know exactly how we will play, at home or away.

We don't perform well against teams who press hard, we like time on the ball. The other problem is, we don't press. When we lose possession we drop back into our own half and wait to see what the opposition are going to do. Often, the opposition do it very quickly and we are caught out with not enough defenders behind the ball. Having tactics which are based on who we are playing seems to be beyond Roberto's skill level.

Roberto thinks tactics are very small mints

ea0cb2a4be80559c31e208d37d7d970d.jpg

please just sack him at the end of the season - lowest home points total in the top flight. That is absolutely shocking and can not be defended.

Martinez could argue he got our highest total 2 seasons ago. Unless a top class manager like Mourinho is willing to come I'd give him another season, but with more pressure from the top and ban him from playing tippy tappy, bull shitting the fans, and being involved with the players fitness routines.

There's a good manager in there, just a catalan spirit blocking his senses.

Edited by pete0

Martinez could argue he got our highest total 2 seasons ago. Unless a top class manager like Mourinho is willing to come I'd give him another season, but with more pressure from the top and ban him from playing tippy tappy, bull shitting the fans, and being involved with the players fitness routines.

smileyshotcm1.gif

And what is going to change this? The board demanding we hire a sensible German as assistant manager?

By stopping him from playing tika taka.

I don't think it works like that...

What do you suggest? Make him sign a contract in which he promises not to pass sideways, prioritise players' fitness, introduce the high press, look to be much more direct on the counter and stop blatantly lying about the quality of performances in interviews?

Surely it would be easier just to hire someone else?

It would happen in the normal world, an end of year quality review. If he is stubborn and doesn't improve then get rid. Never know he could be offended and take the opportunity to leave and blame the restrictions rather than his stress, which would save us fair few bob.

He's been in charge for 3 seasons now, I think if his good season would have been the middle season or this one then people would still be behind him but i think now the first good season was a fluke based on a more attacking style and a solid defense and work ethic left behind by Moyes. After he messed up the beginning of our second season being a pundit in Brazil and therefore leaving us with a garbage pre-season and lack of fitness he has taken us 3 steps back. I don't actually believe there is a good manager 'in there' anymore, once i did but he just seems clueless and full of sh*t. watching Spurs is heartbreaking as it shows how far they have progressed and how far we have fallen.

This is true.

Some say 'if only we had Raneiri' but actually you would never have picked him before this season as his history is more miss than hit. Has lost several jobs, has never really won anything, has a history of starting well but then falling off.

He's done something amazing at Leicester this season and deserves full credit for that. But before this season, well, not a lot to shout about.

I always thought he was really unlucky at Chelsea and was doing a good job.

Sorry, no thanks.

Looking at it subject subjectively.

If he won the cup.

Beat Liverpool.

Moved up to eighth place then he would have an argument for a summer to turn things around.

Been here so many times before with managers. Sometimes it's that one player that can fit into your jigsaw.

Problem is all his pieces are loose on the box at the moment.

Sorry Pete but that's madness it would never happen but if it did your essentially wanting a totally different manager so why not just go down that route anyway

Would save the club a fortune that could go towards a player. It depends if we focus on buying a stadium or players with the new investment. Pointless getting a new manager if he's going to have to wait for us to go all out. I'd let Martinez stay on sort of an interim basis.

He's been in charge for 3 seasons now, I think if his good season would have been the middle season or this one then people would still be behind him but i think now the first good season was a fluke based on a more attacking style and a solid defense and work ethic left behind by Moyes. After he messed up the beginning of our second season being a pundit in Brazil and therefore leaving us with a garbage pre-season and lack of fitness he has taken us 3 steps back. I don't actually believe there is a good manager 'in there' anymore, once i did but he just seems clueless and full of sh*t. watching Spurs is heartbreaking as it shows how far they have progressed and how far we have fallen.

I'd not give credit to Moyes for the defense, we were rubbish at the back the last couple of seasons. Especially from set pieces. Plus how come the old regime would only effect one season? For me the fitness coaches is a big one though.

The nonsense is cringe worthy, I'd happily see him go if he actually believes it and doesn't make an effort to change. I don't think Martinez needs sacking, he needs to evolve tactically and stop the bs.

I'd not give credit to Moyes for the defense, we were rubbish at the back the last couple of seasons. Especially from set pieces. Plus how come the old regime would only effect one season? For me the fitness coaches is a big one though.

The nonsense is cringe worthy, I'd happily see him go if he actually believes it and doesn't make an effort to change. I don't think Martinez needs sacking, he needs to evolve tactically and stop the bs.

I would, I think under Moyes we were a very fit team which meant we could play for the full 90+ mins. under Martinez we seem to be knackered with 15/20 mins to go i think this is something that has led to a lot of errors..

All this talk of moyes does my head in he left three years ago and I couldn't wait to see him go just like I can't wait to see Martinez go. I feel exactly the same then and now. I can't even be arsed watching us which says it all. Martinez has lost the dressing room and the players are simply not playing for him. We need a clear out. Starting with him then clearing out the old guard. Howard, Ossis ,peanuts,Hibbo and get a manager that will give out some bollockings