IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

I think we need one home game with him gone. We don't need the players leaving with a completely negative atmosphere in the back of their minds. Get rid ASAP, then let us send them off with a positive memory. If they have the summer thinking how horrible it is at Goodison, and it has been horrible and will be worse on Saturday, I don't think we'll see them all come back.

That's a really good point.

Send the lads off with a thumping atmosphere at Goodison.

Could make a few people think about thier future very carefully.

This is the dilema and why I am against booing players. I would hate for players like Barkley to think the fans were against him, we are not. If we force players like him who love the club to leave then it really says something about the state our club is in.

WE have to rally round the players without showing support for Martinez, the sooner he goes the better. The board must act on this.

Haha...well Dunc can have a bit of it this time!!!

Ah it doesn't really bother me. It just pissed me off to see Martinez taking digs at Moyes when he's done worse with more resources. I don't think Moyes will ever be considered an all time great Everton manager but I think he did a fantastic job at stabilising us after Walter Smith. I also think the foundation he left is the reason why Martinez did so well in his first season so Martinez having a go feels even more scummy.

Edited by georgem123

There is absolutely no chance that comment by Martinez was aimed at Moyes, say what you like about him but he's an intelligent man, he's not going to start comparing apples with oranges.

Absolutely amazing watching so many grown men and women completely ruled by their emotions.

In my opinion, Bill needs to follow Roberto out the door. Personally, no one can fault Bill's heart for the club. I don't think anyone can fault Roberto's good intentions either nor his charisma. BUT... We have too much heart and charisma. Really, to get anywhere we need to be a bit more ruthless and down to business. I think Roberto is not feeling any pressure from the top. I think he feels he has the complete backing from Bill - and I can't see Bill doing otherwise. The fans may scream all they want, but if the board is all "It's okay... Uncle Bill understands and supports you" then there's no urgency to change or do things differently. I wonder though, will it change the people's club? How would EitC fare?

There is absolutely no chance that comment by Martinez was aimed at Moyes, say what you like about him but he's an intelligent man, he's not going to start comparing apples with oranges.

Absolutely amazing watching so many grown men and women completely ruled by their emotions.

"If I had been given ten years to work with Everton by being mediocre I would not accept that. We are a big club with big expectations and we have not won silverware for 21 years."

Of course it's a dig at Moyes... the clue is in the 10 years.... moyes is the longest tenured manager at a premier league club to not win a trophy.

I know you are looking to defend Martinez but come on... That's as clear as daylight

To me it says that he knows he's going... hope so anyway.

"If I had been given ten years to work with Everton by being mediocre I would not accept that. We are a big club with big expectations and we have not won silverware for 21 years."

Of course it's a dig at Moyes... the clue is in the 10 years.... moyes is the longest tenured manager at a premier league club to not win a trophy.

I know you are looking to defend Martinez but come on... That's as clear as daylight

To me it says that he knows he's going... hope so anyway.

Thanks, but believe it or not I had already considered the quote and the context in which it was made. The clue for you is that Martinez would not consider Moyes achievements to be mediocre in the context that he achieved them, and unless you can direct me to a long line of malicious quotes by him, which you can't, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on a quote that doesn't even actually make any sense anyway if that's ok with you.

Thanks, but believe it or not I had already considered the quote and the context in which it was made. The clue for you is that Martinez would not consider Moyes achievements to be mediocre in the context that he achieved them, and unless you can direct me to a long line of malicious quotes by him, which you can't, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on a quote that doesn't even actually make any sense anyway if that's ok with you.

Do what you like, just don't be too frustrated if the people who will give him benefits of doubt are as rare as a Goodison clean sheet.

Everything he says nowadays are the desperate ramblings of a man who can't accept his goose is cooked. Pretty awkward to watch through or read.