IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

Leicester.... went to a gunfight with a water pistol and drowned the enemy.

Well done Leicester. Maybe this will be the start of managers realising that professional footballers can compete with each other based on spirit, effort, organisation. The glass ceiling has been smashed, it's like the 4 minute mile being broken.

Leicester.... went to a gunfight with a water pistol and drowned the enemy.

Well done Leicester. Maybe this will be the start of managers realising that professional footballers can compete with each other based on spirit, effort, organisation. The glass ceiling has been smashed, it's like the 4 minute mile being broken.

We'll see. I hope so but, like I've said before, it'll take more than once for me to be convinced by this.

would spurs count for you? tons of homegrown youngsters in their side, only real expensive players are lamela, Son, and lloris.

Spurs have also thrown money about for a decade, all to no real avail. Leicesters entire squad cost 82m, those 3 you mentioned come in at about 55-60m alone. They've very different cases.

If another team like Leicester wins the league again next season then they'll count.

Spurs have also thrown money about for a decade, all to no real avail. Leicesters entire squad cost 82m, those 3 you mentioned come in at about 55-60m alone. They've very different cases.

ok so you guys are saying anyone other than man U, man city, liverpool, spurs, chelsea, and arsenal would be considered similar to leicester? or is it more about squad value overall than what club it is?

ok so you guys are saying anyone other than man U, man city, liverpool, spurs, chelsea, and arsenal would be considered similar to leicester? or is it more about squad value overall than what club it is?

id throw Sunderland and Wham into the mix, teams who throw money at YouTube stars with varying success. Leicester built a team of rejects (Huth, Simpson, Albrighton) and gambled on some unknown quantities (Mahrez, Kante, Vardy) and managed to get it to work. I mentioned it somewhere else, but it's something I maintained all through the Moyes era when people were complaining we couldn't compete in transfer fees and thus didn't show ambition. Leicester prove that it's hard work and winning things that show ambition, not a big wallet and superstar names Edited by Matt

id throw Sunderland and Wham into the mix, teams who throw money at YouTube stars with varying success. Leicester built a team of rejects (Huth, Simpson, Albrighton) and gambled on some unknown quantities (Mahrez, Kante, Vardy) and managed to get it to work. I mentioned it somewhere else, but it's something I maintained all through the Moyes era when people were complaining we couldn't compete in transfer fees and thus didn't show ambition. Leicester prove that it's hard work and winning things that show ambition, not a big wallet and superstar names

Gotcha matt, makes sense. I love to see the same, but for me anyone outside of the sky 4 is worth rooting for (bar the red shite).

Why do people tweet stuff like this at players?

can you have a word with farad moshiri to see of he can bring in new boss please . We think new boss deffo silverware

One, I really don't think Joel, who this tweet was aimed at, has much of an influence over who manages us. Two, does he even read his tweets? Three, he barely speaks English. And four, I'm pretty sure Bob is leaving anyway.

Edited by Kankurette

I hope Martinez never has a good night's sleep again. I hope he has a mental breakdown, ends up on anti-depressants or in the Priory, and is reduced to a miserable shell of a human being.

He's ruined Everton and is driving fans away. He needs to pay the price for what he's done.

Ridiculous.

Sorry. I'm just very angry right now. I'll calm down in a bit.

I just absolutely fucking hate him.

I don't get why I'm being ridiculous though. I mean, not one single Everton fan likes Martinez, he's an arrogant dick, he clearly doesn't give a shit about the fans or the team. I used to feel sorry for him but I don't anymore.

Edited by Kankurette

Being livid is completely understandable but to hate? To be honest, when I started typing I was going to say don't, but not sure I can. I despise how he has me feeling about Everton, and in all honesty, he is responsible

I don't get why I'm being ridiculous though. I mean, not one single Everton fan likes Martinez, he's an arrogant dick, he clearly doesn't give a shit about the fans or the team. I used to feel sorry for him but I don't anymore.

Because you're wishing illness on a man for not doing his job to the level you expect, like you said after he's become a "thing" rather than a "person". But he isn't.

But isn't that how most Everton fans feel? I mean, the hatred for Martinez is at galactic levels right now. People saying they've supported Everton for 50 or 60 years and it's the worst season they've seen or they've given up on the club. I mean, how sad is that? Our management is driving fans away from something they love.

I hope Martinez never has a good night's sleep again. I hope he has a mental breakdown, ends up on anti-depressants or in the Priory, and is reduced to a miserable shell of a human being.

He's ruined Everton and is driving fans away. He needs to pay the price for what he's done.

Oh fuck off. He's a human being.

I love Everton but seriously this level of anger is what gets clubs a bad name people doing Munich and hillsborough shit. Wind it in, no one on here will support those views.

Not being confrontational but seriously that post was poor.

Edited by Hafnia

Tell that to other Everton fans. I'm not out there shouting abuse at him, running on the pitch yelling at him, harassing him when he's leaving the match with his wife, or giving him shit at U21s. He's not going to read what I write or care what I think.

Edited by Kankurette

Tell that to other Everton fans. I'm not out there shouting abuse at him, running on the pitch yelling at him, harassing him when he's leaving the match with his wife, or giving him shit at U21s. He's not going to read what I write or care what I think.

See above edit.

There is a line between being a fan and reverting to "look at me being all hard core - i love Everton more than humanity"

I get anger I won't stand quiet when people wish I'll health on another person.

Edited by Hafnia

But isn't that how most Everton fans feel? I mean, the hatred for Martinez is at galactic levels right now. People saying they've supported Everton for 50 or 60 years and it's the worst season they've seen or they've given up on the club. I mean, how sad is that? Our management is driving fans away from something they love.

No.

The majority want him gone, they don't want him ill; can you not see the difference?

Not like he's failing on purpose is it?

You're being ridiculous because you're wishing illness on a man because, under his leadership, 11 men in a blue uniform aren't putting a little ball into a net more often than the other 11 men. Do you need more? Ok then - your hate for this man is at such a peak he's become a "thing" for you.

Are you starting to get some perspective now?

To be annoyed at a football manager is one thing. To hope he - by all accounts a perfectly nice human being - comes to harm is pathetic on your part and you might want to consider that maybe following a football team just isn't for someone like you.

That's the sad thing. Everyone I know who's met him has said he's lovely (yes, I know he's been an arse to some of the squad, but still). He does love football, he's been very classy about Hillsborough and the video of him and Margaret Aspinall was genuinely moving, and when he's not talking football and just talking about ordinary stuff like music or whatever, he comes across as very likeable.

You don't have to tell me I'm a bad person. I know I am. I hate myself for having these thoughts, I really do. I'm getting help for it and have upped my meds. I want to enjoy football and go back to Goodison again. I think I tend to take all the Twitter stuff at face value, like people saying they'd beat the shit out of Kenwright / Martinez supporters at matches.

It was a horrible post and I shouldn't have written it. I'm sorry.

Post match conference.

"First and foremost it's just a day for leicester city..."

No its fucking not Roberto address your team and your players who lost the match. It's completely irrelevant that Leicester lifted this cup this evening. I want to know what's going on with my team and why they're not winning you fucking spineless pitiful prick. I don't give a flying fuck how nice of a man you are if you got hit by a bus tomorrow that would benefit my team as a whole because you wouldn't be in charge the day after. Go away now all respect has been lost by fans and players.

Post match conference.

"First and foremost it's just a day for leicester city..."

No its fucking not Roberto address your team and your players who lost the match. It's completely irrelevant that Leicester lifted this cup this evening. I want to know what's going on with my team and why they're not winning you fucking spineless pitiful prick. I don't give a flying fuck how nice of a man you are if you got hit by a bus tomorrow that would benefit my team as a whole because you wouldn't be in charge the day after. Go away now all respect has been lost by fans and players.

Really? Running out of words now. Get a grip.