IGNORED

Chelsea (Away)

markjazzbassist

Hey don't dis Martinez you will get called a bit sad.

People forget this man conceded a shit load of goals with Wigan and his belief in defending is that of Unicorns and hobbits. Just saying.

I couldn't care less mate. Those who back him are computer screen fans

11 draws this year and one of the highest scoring team? Definitely not the managers fault. He's doing his job if you like us sitting in the bottom half of the table. Oh wait, we were here at this time last year too. Yeah, blame it on a bad call and offsides.

Last two results.

Point away at probable champions

Point away at current champions...cheated out of a win.

If you cannot see the difference in those two matches compared to earlier results then i really aren't qualified enough to explain.

It's not about one result though, is it? It's about Bournemouth, Norwich, Leicester, Stoke, it's about one win in two months, it's about not being able to do the basics at the back, it's about being 11th in the table with a squad that has every fan more excited than we can remember. It's about this being Everton Football Club and this, right now, not being good enough.

I do see Nogs. But the last few matches have been a big difference to most of the season and today we were robbed.

We can't change the past but we can try to improve the future and today should have been the start.

But we were robbed.

The black and white is that last goal should not have been allowed and we should have been coming home with three points.

I don't hold Martinez responsible for this today. We go 2-0 up and they get one back and the players went to bits (as per) and lost their fucking minds and let them get the equaliser straight away. There was no time for Martinez to influence things to prevent that. That is all on our players being weak mentally and falling apart.

The changes Marrtinez did make made a difference and helped us get a foothold in the game again. Indeed one of those subs set up our third fucking goal!

Then the ref and linesman fucked us over for the equaliser.

I've been one who is losing patience with Martinez but to blame him for today is total bullshit.

Totally agree. Nothing like a good agenda to lose sight of what actually happened in the game...

Chelsea actually played well today. Costa was the Costa we all hate because he was horribly effective. Fabregas showed what a twat he is by getting mourinho the sack... as he is a bloody good player.

Edited by Hafnia

Its really quite simple: Is 6 wins in the last 21 acceptable with the caliber of players we have? So at what point does Martinez become accountable? Is it this year? Is it 2019? is it 2024? When does this team start to realize that maybe the way Everton performed in the last 12 minutes of stoppage time not acceptable? It was a fucking joke - a total chaotic disaster. Blame this and that, ultimately the instruction of play that RM has instilled in his team has cost us yet another win. BIG pattern here.

I don't think we can blame the players or the manager when the officials turn off the offsides rule in the last minute of the match and don't tell anyone. You set your defense a certain way--our back line was perfect on the Terry goal--and if the rules have changed that defense is irrelevant.

We were robbed for their 3rd goal ffs.

We were 2nil up and again let a team back in. Not saying this is Martinez fault one little bit but .......sitting 11th and going one way in the table.

Don't get me wrong I would have taken 2 points before the last 2 games started. Just sickening that when winning again we are not seeing games out the dirty way.

Some context on what happens when you can't hold onto a lead:

Since we threw away that Bournemouth win (after leading twice), we led Norwich and drew, led Stoke and lost, led Spurs and drew, then led Chelsea twice today and drew.

This is all within the space of 8 league games. We have won one of these 8 games having led six of them (the win at Newcastle in addition to the aforementioned matches) and thrown away a total of 7 leading positions if you count both 2-0 and 3-2 leads over Bournemouth and Chelsea. Instead of 15 points for 5 wins, we have 4 points from those 5 matches. Had we held on to each of those leads, we'd be sitting on 40 points in 4th place right now, 3 points from the top of the table.

Edited by adziom

I do see Nogs. But the last few matches have been a big difference to most of the season and today we were robbed.

We can't change the past but we can try to improve the future and today should have been the start.

But we were robbed.

The black and white is that last goal should not have been allowed and we should have been coming home with three points.

Yep and City were robbed of a penalty on Wednesday after being camped in our half for 45 minutes. No one can control bad refereeing decisions, they happen to everyone. We can, however, control how we defend and it is that side of our game that I cannot find excuses for.

Bad luck, poor play - we still can't buy a win and I'm fucking pissed off with it!!

We were robbed for their 3rd goal ffs.

We were 2nil up and again let a team back in. Not saying this is Martinez fault one little bit but .......sitting 11th and going one way in the table.

Don't get me wrong I would have taken 2 points before the last 2 games started. Just sickening that when winning again we are not seeing games out the dirty way.

But we did though.

The 3Rd goal should not have stood.

I know it's disappointing but some things are out of our hands.

Like mentioned above, our defence played that goal well according to the laws of the game.

Chelsea also put very good pressure on us.

We're not gonna agree here and it's wrong of me to try and change that

It's just your opinion and mine.

Mine is that we have took another step forward since the start of the year. And if we continue it then great.

If we don't. Then the manager really comes into question for me.

Some context on what happens when you can't hold onto a lead:

Since we threw away that Bournemouth win (after leading twice), we led Norwich and drew, led Stoke and lost, led Spurs and drew, then led Chelsea twice today and drew.

This is all within the space of 8 league games. We have won one of these 8 games having led six of them (the win at Newcastle in addition to the aforementioned matches) and thrown away a total of 7 leading positions if you count both 2-0 and 3-2 leads over Bournemouth and Chelsea. Instead of 15 points for 5 wins, we have 4 points from those 5 matches. Had we held on to each of those leads, we'd be sitting on 40 points in 4th place right now, 3 points from the top of the table.

Exactly. That's why I'm so frustrated, we should be starting to dream about the title, instead we're midtable and wondering if we can keep our best players next season.

Here's the thing: we only got one point but we won the match. We did everything we needed to do within the time we needed to do it. The ref didn't blow for time and the linesman didn't flag for offside. Their goal wasn't legal and yet it counted. There's nothing we could do about that.

Were we perfect? No. Are we hopeless? No way.

Had an hour to cool off and I'm feeling better. We dominated that game and out bossed them. They won by a cheap decision. We had 3 goals in yet another high scoring affair. The lads when celebrating goals seem genuinely happy to be here Mori jumping into the stands!! We play nice football.

I'm slowly coming around on Martinez.

Before the start I would have taken an away draw at the bridge.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Had an hour to cool off and I'm feeling better. We dominated that game and out bossed them. They won by a cheap decision. We had 3 goals in yet another high scoring affair. The lads when celebrating goals seem genuinely happy to be here Mori jumping into the stands!! We play nice football.

They also scored three goals. Not good enough. That's why we sit 11th. Its not because Terry was offside or stoppage time went 90 seconds over - its because we have conceded 32 goals this year. That is unacceptable when you look at the quality of players we have at the back: Baines, Jags, Stones, Funes Mori, Coleman, Galloway.......I mean WTF?? Who else do we need back there? We are the most entertaining team to watch, but you won't see us in Europa or Champions League next year. Why? Nothing changes.

But it's not before the start is it? We played better football and have been all season. I'm livid.

My Chelsea fan friends are gloating at this; that's how bad they have been, and here we are robbed by a cheating John Terry. We have to shore up our back line over the rest of the season if we want any of our attacking talent to stay put.

But we did though.

The 3Rd goal should not have stood.

I know it's disappointing but some things are out of our hands.

Like mentioned above, our defence played that goal well according to the laws of the game.

Chelsea also put very good pressure on us.

We're not gonna agree here and it's wrong of me to try and change that

It's just your opinion and mine.

Mine is that we have took another step forward since the start of the year. And if we continue it then great.

If we don't. Then the manager really comes into question for me.

I think we are going backwards not forwards. I know their 3rd goal shouldn't have stood but at 2nil up we should have shut up shop.

I know if we got to the cup final many will see that as forward steps but for me it's papering over the massive cracks. This is the 2nd season in a row that all we seem to talk about is defensive frailties. We are the new Newcastle of the Keegan era, every neutral says how entertaining we are to watch and our games are always full of goals both ends.

I'd rather be known as the old boring boring Arsenal and win 1-0 every week. Every great team has solid foundations and that starts from the back. I just wish Roberto would start there.

They also scored three goals. Not good enough. That's why we sit 11th. Its not because Terry was offside or stoppage time went 90 seconds over - its because we have conceded 32 goals this year. That is unacceptable when you look at the quality of players we have at the back: Baines, Jags, Stones, Funes Mori, Coleman, Galloway.......I mean WTF?? Who else do we need back there? We are the most entertaining team to watch, but you won't see us in Europa or Champions League next year. Why? Nothing changes.

To be fair, we really only conceded two goals.

I think we are going backwards not forwards. I know their 3rd goal shouldn't have stood but at 2nil up we should have shut up shop.

I know if we got to the cup final many will see that as forward steps but for me it's papering over the massive cracks. This is the 2nd season in a row that all we seem to talk about is defensive frailties. We are the new Newcastle of the Keegan era, every neutral says how entertaining we are to watch and our games are always full of goals both ends.

I'd rather be known as the old boring boring Arsenal and win 1-0 every week. Every great team has solid foundations and that starts from the back. I just wish Roberto would start there.

Except Keegan challenged for the title with that side. We're not even close to that. The quality at his disposal is real and strong yet he can't get results

Would you rather go back to the last ten years of Everton?

Massive underdogs, boring football, not much in the goal department other than set pieces and still an average team?

No, for me we have taken a step forward.

I much prefer being able to score goals, play great entertaining football, and the knowledge that if we cam start defending better we can make big things happen

I suppose at the end of the season I may end up in the vault haha!