IGNORED

Chelsea (Away)

markjazzbassist

For me personally, it's not that Moyes wouldn't have attracted these guys, but that he wouldn't have chosen them.

I don't think he always played hoof ball (maybe more so in the early years) but he was overly restrictive and self defeating in that respect. We did play some good stuff, but at the same time he restricted the real creativity.

I've nothing against him (although I was ready for change as I felt it was stale), I just don't see the point in him being mentioned every week.

Probably because he was the last manager here who brought us relative success..... The manager has got to be compared to someone.... He was meant to build on Moyes success. So far he really hasn't. If anything we've gone backwards in the league.

Probably because he was the last manager here who brought us relative success..... The manager has got to be compared to someone.... He was meant to build on Moyes success. So far he really hasn't. If anything we've gone backwards in the league.

So far, just over midway through this season, yes, backwards in the league...as in placings only.

In most other departments, it's hard to say we have gone backwards. It would be interesting to see the average age of Moyes final squad/main 11 vs now. I do remember thinking that it needed fresh blood due to the ever increasing ages.

We'll see what happens.

For me personally, it's not that Moyes wouldn't have attracted these guys, but that he wouldn't have chosen them.

I don't think he always played hoof ball (maybe more so in the early years) but he was overly restrictive and self defeating in that respect. We did play some good stuff, but at the same time he restricted the real creativity.

I've nothing against him (although I was ready for change as I felt it was stale), I just don't see the point in him being mentioned every week.

Martinez encourages players to express themselves but when they do the same people that lambasted Moyes for being too negative jump on the said players back for being ' too big for their boots ' [emoji849]

I don't hold Martinez responsible for this today. We go 2-0 up and they get one back and the players went to bits (as per) and lost their fucking minds and let them get the equaliser straight away. There was no time for Martinez to influence things to prevent that. That is all on our players being weak mentally and falling apart.

The changes Marrtinez did make made a difference and helped us get a foothold in the game again. Indeed one of those subs set up our third fucking goal!

Then the ref and linesman fucked us over for the equaliser.

I've been one who is losing patience with Martinez but to blame him for today is total bullshit.

Correct.

Completely different to Bournmouth.

He picked a starting line up most of us wanted, made changes when required.

He's Not to blame for today's result.

Still hurts though.

Martinez encourages players to express themselves but when they do the same people that lambasted Moyes for being too negative jump on the said players back for being ' too big for their boots ' [emoji849]

Ha...although I know where you're going with that...the forum is full of examples where it's one rule for this guy, another for the other.

I've been around TT for a few years, possibly longer as a reader, and this year there are more contradictions than I've noticed before. It's a crazy place!!!

Bottom line is that we as a fanbase have never been happy.

When Moyes was here it was yah boo sucks because we were so "negative" and couldn't buy a win away from home against big teams because we'd bottle it, and he'd never drop his favourites. Now we complain because we have a manager willing to give games to young players, trusting creative types to express themselves and go after matches away from home to the point where we expect so much we're slitting our wrists about a draw at Stamford Bridge in a match where we'd earned a fair victory.

Results wise, Moyes finished 17th in his second season and even after that, it wasn't an irregular position for us to be sat in mid table at this time of year. For me, there's very little difference in the pairs' results aside from the fact that under Roberto I'd expect us to hit higher heights but also more disappointing lows. For example, under Moyes we'd never win at Old Trafford but we'd also never get slammed 4-0 at Anfield, we'd never have seen us field a striker like Lukaku capable of scoring 30 goals in a league season, but we'd also never concede 7 goals at home against Leicester and Stoke in the space of a week.

The reality is though, Moyes was our manager for a decade, we won no trophies and we finished 4th once to be rewarded with a single two-legged Champions League qualifying tie. For all the areas in which Moyes may be better than Martinez, if you look back at that with positive nostalgia and label it "getting results", I'm a little bit worried for you.

Absolutely devastated with the result today. Had a bit of an argument with the girlfriend as she somehow managed to walk in to the living room (she'd been watching Eastenders in the bedroom) just as Chelsea equalized in the 98th minute. Naturally, I was absolutely raging, swearing and yelling my face off. She wasn't amused with my reaction and mumbled something whilst walking out of the room to which I then told her to F*** off in my frustration. Low and behold after I calmed down I went to the bedroom and she was still pissed off saying it's not fair that I take it out on her if we don't win and so on I tried explaining that 1) She walked in at the completely wrong time so what did she expect me to do? 2) It was the 98th minute and there were only 7 minutes of stoppage time. 3) The goal was offside, 4) This wasn't the first time this had happened this season and I had a bad feeling it would happen and when it eventually did happen I exploded with rage.

She still didn't understand where I was coming from and it ended with me having to apologize... (still not sure why as she mumbled something before I told her to do one so technically she started the whole thing). So all in all a pretty crap night at mine tonight. I will never understand women and I wonder sometime if they're worth the bloody hassle!

^ That sucksman. Sofa tonight?

I still cannot get over this. Its Bournemouth 2.0 all over again, and it makes me sick to my stomach. HOW could we fuck up yet another match that was in the bag? I just can't can't believe we did this AGAIN after we had fucked up the Stoke match. Its just so sickening. This team has a shitload of amazing talent and virtually dick-all to show for it. 11th place. 11th fucking place. I could cry. I can't even imagine how the lads feel right now after this happened yet again. Its really unbelievable. I personally need to move on from this match and try to erase it from my memory. I have only been a fan of this team for three years now but I feel an amazing bond with them - I just absolutely love this team and everything it stands for, and I feel like my soul has been ripped out of me in the exact same manner after the Bournemouth match and very close to the Stoke match.

Bait taken...

Too big for boots:-

Mirallas taking a penalty off baines

Rom stating he wanted to play for champions league in the middle of a shite run of games

Stones dribbling in his 6 yard box and telling the crowd to calm down.

Not sure how that contradicts anything I've said regarding moyes being negative unless you are really clutching at straws.

Btw, the last manager to give us relative success was Joe Royle. Unless we are now including a top 4 finish and a final appearance as part of our honours list.

You need to let moyes go Dunc seriously. Many will remember the good job he did getting rid of our dead wood but let's not try and paint him into Jock Stein... a decent enough old school manager who just could not evolve.

Bait taken...

Too big for boots:-

Mirallas taking a penalty off baines

Rom stating he wanted to play for champions league in the middle of a shite run of games

Stones dribbling in his 6 yard box and telling the crowd to calm down.

Not sure how that contradicts anything I've said regarding moyes being negative unless you are really clutching at straws.

Btw, the last manager to give us relative success was Joe Royle. Unless we are now including a top 4 finish and a final appearance as part of our honours list.

You need to let moyes go Dunc seriously. Many will remember the good job he did getting rid of our dead wood but let's not try and paint him into Jock Stein... a decent enough old school manager who just could not evolve.

I don't need to let Moyes go at all, I never started the comparison . I have also never claimed that Moyes won anything I just mentioned the FACT that to date his results were better

I also stated I think Martinez needs time because this side is growing and learning but you seem to have missed that point

Anyway back on topic this report is spot on

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/non-league-round-up-weather-10735914

I don't need to let Moyes go at all, I never started the comparison . I have also never claimed that Moyes won anything I just mentioned the FACT that to date his results were better

I also stated I think Martinez needs time because this side is growing and learning but you seem to have missed that point

Anyway back on topic this report is spot onhttp://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/non-league-round-up-weather-10735914

Have we really fallen that far? :unsure:

Absolutely devastated with the result today. Had a bit of an argument with the girlfriend as she somehow managed to walk in to the living room (she'd been watching Eastenders in the bedroom) just as Chelsea equalized in the 98th minute. Naturally, I was absolutely raging, swearing and yelling my face off. She wasn't amused with my reaction and mumbled something whilst walking out of the room to which I then told her to F*** off in my frustration. Low and behold after I calmed down I went to the bedroom and she was still pissed off saying it's not fair that I take it out on her if we don't win and so on I tried explaining that 1) She walked in at the completely wrong time so what did she expect me to do? 2) It was the 98th minute and there were only 7 minutes of stoppage time. 3) The goal was offside, 4) This wasn't the first time this had happened this season and I had a bad feeling it would happen and when it eventually did happen I exploded with rage.

She still didn't understand where I was coming from and it ended with me having to apologize... (still not sure why as she mumbled something before I told her to do one so technically she started the whole thing). So all in all a pretty crap night at mine tonight. I will never understand women and I wonder sometime if they're worth the bloody hassle!

I'm Literally pissing myself laughing at this.

Sounds like my house. My missus knows how much I love Everton now and just smiles though haha.

Basically we were robbed.

We've been robbed before, and we'll get robbed again sometime.

Answer, try and kill games off.

We were better than Chelsea, Norwich, Palace etc,etc,.........we are good enough to go for the throat when on top, not admire ourselves doing 20 passes because we can, do 6 and hurt them.

Was there any validity to the ref adding a minute for supposed Everton celebrations requested by Hiddink? Has this ever happened before? Does the FA ever review a case like this and change their judgment?

While we celebrate scoring, then the ref stops his watch. Meanwhile, the clock we see on TV/streams keeps ticking. So does the big clock in stadiums. The ref restarts his watch once the game kicks off again. So if, from scoring to kick off again (Inc. Mori getting a yellow card for the celebration), it takes a minute or so, then the ref is dead right.

Managers will always question ET.

While we celebrate scoring, then the ref stops his watch. Meanwhile, the clock we see on TV/streams keeps ticking. So does the big clock in stadiums. The ref restarts his watch once the game kicks off again. So if, from scoring to kick off again (Inc. Mori getting a yellow card for the celebration), it takes a minute or so, then the ref is dead right.

Managers will always question ET.

Did the ref add any extra time for Chelsea celebrating their equaliser?