IGNORED

Begovic

I don't understand why Joel isn't being given the chance. Buy two older keepers and throw away a talented and emerging younger one?

i think he could be a really good keeper and needs a season behind a defence that isn't made of wet toilet paper. But I do want a GK who is top class immediately, and Begovic isn't that for me. Before Morishis money I would've been ok (not happy) but we really need a fantastic number one in now- we've ignored that position for too long

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't be blown away by this signing but I wouldn't say I'd be disappointed either.

Apart from the absolute garbage or the world class keepers it's hard to know how good or bad a keeper is if you're not seeing them play every week. Begovic has looked decent when I've watched Stoke and Chelsea on the tv, but I'm sure he has weak points to his game and makes howlers that we'll see if we sign him.

I wouldn't be blown away by this signing but I wouldn't say I'd be disappointed either.

Apart from the absolute garbage or the world class keepers it's hard to know how good or bad a keeper is if you're not seeing them play every week. Begovic has looked decent when I've watched Stoke and Chelsea on the tv, but I'm sure he has weak points to his game and makes howlers that we'll see if we sign him.

i think this sums it up for me, and the price in this market isn't to be sniffed at at all

• 4 weeks later...

CHELSEA CLOSE ON LOPEZ

Former Real Madrid goalkeeper Diego Lopez is on the verge of signing for Chelsea, according to reports in Italy.

Lopezs current club AC Milan are understood to have reached an agreement with the Blues for the 34-year-old Spaniard, who counts Real Madrid, Villarreal and Sevilla among his former clubs.

Gazzamercato.it report an official announcement on the transfer will not be made until Asmir Begovic has left the club.

Interesting for some on here I guess

Begovic could be a perfect stopgap for us... We get a temporary upgrade who can help us compete for a CL spot (may not get there, but back to competitive is what we need), but can wait to drop real transfer money until we are known for competing with the top 5 and can attract top talent.

Edited by Matt Tiger