• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Take the last half of the Europa game... take the performance of us against man city = a team who have no confidence in finishing the opponents.

Sorry but whatever it is we are nowhere near a side who can exploit a team that is there for the taking.

I sensed Rooney was utterly pissed off with the tactics the other night.

I am sure Koeman didn't intend for it to be such a rearguard action, sometimes you just have to accept the quality of the opposition

To say that if you are happy with the performance means you are happy with mediocrity is absolute bollocks. The squad has had a major overhaul yet it's still a work in progress , we are still missing the focal point up front . Added to that is the time it's going to take some of those players to get used to the league/ get fit/ gel as a team. Taking all that into account, I'm happy with the wayvwe played , happy we are progressing on the pitch , happy we are moving forward off the pitch , but am I fuck happy with mediocrity

Totally agree.

The Leicester story is heavily based on team spirit which I said we needed to catch up. I wouldn't say Ranieri was a master tactician nor did he out fox every manager that season.

What Leicester did was purely a defensive masterclass and excellent organisation. Football can be a simple game but when you start playing strikers at wing back it gets complicated.

so martinez re-hire for you then? attack all out and no plan B. no thanks mate, one dimensional. this was a Plan B, it will not be every week. I'm glad for once we have something else we can do, Moyes was only defensive, martinez only attack, nice to have a manager that can do both (and players as well).

I must have missed the game where we played only attack...

Koeman pretty much used the same tactics he did in the 4-0 win against City at Goodison however City were too strong for us and pushed us back, nobody complained then!

We make a few signings and suddenly some fans think we are Barcelona . It's going to take time before we can go toe to against sides like City away

Would you have preferred a Martinez Analfield Derby type of performance?

There were lots of positives to be taken from the game and we got a good result , so yes I'm happy

Each to their own indeed but don't then go trying to tell people what they are happy with

If 10 men of City were too strong for us, despite playing averagely we have a big problem!

No-one says we are Barcelona or anything remotely like it.

We really went down fighting last year at Anfield too... I suppose 3-1 is marginally better than 4-0? We didnt show up for the second half at home either and got what we deserved for trying to hang on.

The City game wasn't awful but it wasn't good either. We can do better than that with the squad we have.

I love respectful, well argued, informed debate.

I'd better go down the pub.

The trend at the moment is that everyone's opinion is bollocks.

I'm sure this place goes through male PMT. Most are sound as can be then it turns into a right bitch fest.

Crazy thing is that most posters make valid points, whatever side of the argument, but then become so hell bent on being the 'most right'...that the point kind of gets lost in hostility.

Includes me too by the way!

As a club we are in a good place. Let's just give Koeman a fair chance to blend this squad how he wants to. And that's more than 2 league games by the way! Judge him over the marathon not the sprint.

I have no doubt that if he fails the axe will swing quickly, unlike in previous era's.

I'm sure this place goes through male PMT. Most are sound as can be then it turns into a right bitch fest.

Crazy thing is that most posters make valid points, whatever side of the argument, but then become so hell bent on being the 'most right'...that the point kind of gets lost in hostility.

As a club we are in a good place. Let's just give Koeman a fair chance to blend this squad how he wants to. And that's more than 2 league games by the way! Judge him over the marathon not the sprint.

I have no doubt that if he fails the axe will swing quickly, unlike in previous era's.

Solid post. The real test for me will be next season. By then he'll have had 4 full transfer windows and time for the new players to gel. It may take longer than that (perhaps until the stadium) to legitimately bridge the gap to the top 6 but by then we should be getting close and really putting ourselves in that conversation.

Your so wrong!

The wrongest!

This says everything for me. Clearly Koeman isn't quite satisfied with the squad, not to mention the fact that it's a complete overhaul and both the players and Koeman will need some games to adjust and figure out exactly what works.

Can't say I loved the tactics, but can't say I totally blame Koeman for them given the circumstances.

That's fine that your happy with it.

Myself, I think it's absolute bollocks that any fan can be happy with how we played! The result yes, but the performance was shit and boring. I'm just surprised that you enjoy watching that type of performance.

Each to their own I suppose.

I am happy that we are moving forward. Happy and understand that it's a work in progress.

But as a fan, I cannot be happy with performances like that.

Imagine Koeman telling his players how pleased he was with how they played? Haha sounds pathetic doesn't it.

Ok boys we got Chelsea next, sit back and hope they play shit. If they do and we get a bit of luck, we might come away with a point..... get in there lads!

Would you prefer the performances we had under Roberto where we played gung ho and lost rather than solid and draw? Honest question by the way, not a dig.

Even though I now know that to be true, my brain has it the other way around. In fairness, and honesty, I drank a lot watching that game.

Have you learned nothing on here Ste? When proven wrong you never admit it; you either come up with a stat that "proves" you were actually correct all along or (if you can't think of one) just ignore the post completely and carry on as if nothing happened, you need to read the TT T&Cs again :P.

Would you prefer the performances we had under Roberto where we played gung ho and lost rather than solid and draw? Honest question by the way, not a dig.

I'd prefer the performance at Goodison where we had two proper midfielders in Barry and Davies dictating the play and not yielding to the occasion or 10 men.

Have you learned nothing on here Ste? When proven wrong you never admit it; you either come up with a stat that "proves" you were actually correct all along or (if you can't think of one) just ignore the post completely and carry on as if nothing happened, you need to read the TT T&Cs again :P.

It's an approach that has worked for a certain politician here in America.

This is too true to be funny.

A mix between the two would be perfect for me.

I am happy with the point away at city. But I feel there was an opportunity missed there.

I also feel we were lucky, they hit the post and had a few clear chances. Aguero missing that volley had my heart pounding haha. Another day we would have lost that 3-1.

I would still say this if we were top of the premier by the way. I would be happy with the point but disappointed with the performance.

Still struggling to understand why people were happy with how we played. But that's just because I expect more maybe?

Oohs listen to you, give us a twirl!

I'll give you a Crunchie in the jaw you cheeky git, send you on your arse to Mars, in fact, further, right outta the Milky Way...in fact, I'll Crunch you that 'ard, you're into another Galaxy

Chomp on that then, Freddie.