• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Fucking hell- we've just played the champions- no we didn't play well- I don't expect us to "play well" until December or later whilst we put the final pieces for THIS SEASON into place then get to know each other as a team- there'll be more faces next summer- it's going to take time and we may fall flat on our faces but ffs give it a chance.

We have played City and Split away since achelsea last kicked a ball- we looked tired.

Wondered who would be the 1st- 3 away games in 7 days- Manchester- Croatia and London and playing the champions. They beat us hands down and now we should sack Koeman.

Seriously, have a day off.

After reading the match day thread...this post is a relief. I was starting to think I'm mental.

Can't be arsed to say too much just yet tbh.

I've no idea what Koeman is thinking. When the players are training through the week what drills are they doing to find ways to score. This team is disorganised with no one looking like they know what their job is.

Going forward the had 6 shots on target across three games. Chelsea had that many just in this match alone, City had 7 on target last week. Turn over from defence to attack is too slow and were pegged back as we don't have the players to suit the system which makes me more worried about the defence. Average, old, and old&average. I'd rather Holgate started at Centre half.

Fucking hell- we've just played the champions- no we didn't play well- I don't expect us to "play well" until December or later whilst we put the final pieces for THIS SEASON into place then get to know each other as a team- there'll be more faces next summer- it's going to take time and we may fall flat on our faces but ffs give it a chance.

We have played City and Split away since achelsea last kicked a ball- we looked tired.

Koeman had us beaten before we even kicked a ball. Chelsea were bang average today, yet we were that bad it could've been a cricket score.

Hate reading it.

It's ok to need to work on the team, but the last two premier matches have been an eyesore. We hardly put any effort into attacking at all. But still it's because the team needs time to gel.

Rooney

Sigurdson

Klaassen

Sandro

Aren't these meant to be attacking players that already know how to attack? It's the tactics that are wrong.

I can take losing as long as give it a go.

Pad I've been patiently waiting since the end of the eighties, I'm now 58 I don't think I've got another 40 years left, to be fair he should have till end of December to get his players to gel, but if we don't see some big improvement he needs to go, he doesn't need another transfer window, I think it is evident that most of the team are his buys, but what's ironic is that the the two best players imo in Besic and DCL he had nothing to do with them being here.

Not saying I want him sacked or that the results are a disaster.

But as a fan I want to see my team try that's all. I hate the team I love to look so spineless. His summer was meant to be adding jigsaw pieces... but it feels like we have started from scratch at the moment.

I want the manager to give them a real kick and get them playing again.

To be fair it's Sunday, I am on a day off!

Edited by Shukes

For fucks sake people really are impatient, over expecting twats today aren't they.

Three tough away games in a week, with a squad where allot of the players are new to the club, the manager and each other. Yes we were shit for most of the game, but this was the champions away, at a ground we have not won at in years, what were people expecting a 4 - 0 triumph?

Before it was easy we played to Lukaku's strengths and he scored goals, over 20 of them in the league. With him gone we have no experienced center forward, DCL is going to be a very good player, but both he and Sandro will take time to adjust to the premier league. The team needs change the way it plays to a new strike force and that will take time.

People are talking of sacking Koeman, really after 3 games in the league this season. Reality check people, we are the 6/7th best team in the league, to improve on that will take time. I said last season it will probably take 2 years and we are half way into that. Christmas would be a better time to judge as the new team will of had time to bed in.

Did Koeman get it right today, no, he should have played DCL as a center forward, and had Rooney playing behind him, but everyone has an off day, I am am sure he will learn. Have a bit of faith and patience, get behind the team and lets give the team the chance to develop.

Anyway I have to work nights at Notting Hill Carnival and I can still be positive about Everton so if you think your pissed off, try my world!!

Edited by London Blue

I wasn't expecting to win at all let alone 4-0 that's just silly.

But again... yet again... sigh.

Not saying the team should be sorted right now and we should be top four.

But I do expect my team to try just as much as the bottom team at least. To give them a few months pass is ridiculous.

Bloody hell imagine when Chelsea lost on the opening day, do you really think Conte just brushed it off and said.. hey we're champion, one result won't hurt, don't worry about it boys.

Tell you what, never come and work over here you lot, you might find I'm your manager. If you think you can come to work and do fuck all because your new.... haha you would be walking that same hour.

To be fair I don't think Koeman thinks anything like you guys. I expect he isn't happy with how they performed and won't give them a pass.

Sounds like we were very poor and very negative. Unfortunately, we're missing some really key players who would allow us to be more adventurous - injuries, suspension and the 1-3 players we still need. It just shows that our squad isn't strong enough yet - even after adding all the players we have. Fact is that those above us - 'the big 6' - have been adding quality for years; spending sometimes 10x what we have. A few windows of big spending isn't going to fix that, especially when they're all adding quality too.

Sack Koeman? Then what?

Sounds like we were very poor and very negative. Unfortunately, we're missing some really key players who would allow us to be more adventurous - injuries, suspension and the 1-3 players we still need. It just shows that our squad isn't strong enough yet - even after adding all the players we have. Fact is that those above us - 'the big 6' - have been adding quality for years; spending sometimes 10x what we have. A few windows of big spending isn't going to fix that, especially when they're all adding quality too.

Sack Koeman? Then what?

Sack the next manager if he doesn't win us the league in a year.

Sack Koeman? Then what?

Fucking this!!!!!!

Starting to agree haha sack Koeman.

Dont like the effect it's having on our fans. We have been bad for so long that it's getting normal and acceptable.

What was the reason for our run in last season? The team knew that new signings were coming in, so needed time to gel?

i don't know why it's ok to be as bad as we were today, I really don't. I also think I'm one of a few that seems to be thinking that's it's more than just missing a few players etc, and that the more worrying thing is the lack of steel.

We all see the games different. But it's oonly ok for those who support Koeman whatever. If others have an opinion they need to give their head a wobble or have a day off haha or get a lot of Fuck this.

Calm down and take a deep breath guys. It's just opinions and you dont have to agree or get so upset.

Can we be happy - just for a little while?

Best transfer window in ages, and not finished yet.

Completely overhauled squad, youth being given a chance.

Players despite being new to the team and the manager have won competitive games and are getting better with every game.

Transfers in and of themselves are not necessarily good. I'm hearing now that the major priority is a top striker. If this is the case, why did we bring in Martina and Klaassen? There have been some good moves this summer, don't get me wrong, but the problem right now is not that we didn't bring in enough players.

League results are the same so far, but that's not the worry. The problem is the performances. 6 shots on target over three premiership games, and we've stacked the defence but still had to rely on Pickford in the two games we never lost.

Only positive so far is the keeper. Keane is average, Sigurdssen isn't fit yet, Klassen will take time to get used to the Prem, Rooney can't run enough to perform in the role he's being asked, and Sandro is miles off the pace. Oh and to top it off our best talent since Rooney is probably gonna leave on the cheap.

Edit: missed Barry out. If you can't find a place for Barry you know nothing about playing in midfield. Instead we have united's 5th choice.

Edited by pete0

Edit: missed Barry out. If you can't find a place for Barry you know nothing about playing in midfield. Instead we have united's 5th choice.

I'm a huge fan of Barry but the same could be said about if you can't see what a top player and how important Schneiderlin is to us.

Lose against the champions and suddenly everyone is calling for his head, going as far as suggesting Rooney as player manager etc.

Come on guys let's not get ahead of ourselves. The performance was dreadful but let's see how Koeman does these next couple of years with a budget and the types players he likes for the way he wants to play.

I'm a huge fan of Barry but the same could be said about if you can't see what a top player and how important Schneiderlin is to us.

He'd be a good option or back up but not a starter. Mourinho barely gave Schneiderlin a minute at United playing Carrick above him, and Carrick is no where near Barry's class. Worst central midfield we've had in a decade.

Lose against the champions and suddenly everyone is calling for his head, going as far as suggesting Rooney as player manager etc.

Come on guys let's not get ahead of ourselves. The performance was dreadful but let's see how Koeman does these next couple of years with a budget and the types players he likes for the way he wants to play.

It's not just three games, we were shite at the end of last season. Solid preseason in and we look more lost than ever.