• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

He really did though, Pad. If for no other reason than he made us extremely narrow against a side who have full-backs that absolutely love to get forward. The way we set up let them have free-reign. Baines had a nightmare against Walker because he was constantly being bombarded. Coleman got it to a lesser extent with Rose being missing. We needed to give them something to think about going the other way but we had nothing. I'm not even sure how he expected us to play on the counter because our fast players were sat on the bench :unsure:.

I get what you're saying mate and it's all about opinions. I just think he wanted to stifle their midfield and stop them playing through the middle and nulify Ali and Erikson. Yes it did leave our full backs exposed but that was how he went about it.

I honestly think they would have beaten us no matter what formation he played, they're a good side and are playing really well.

I said before the Spurs game most fans can except a loss against a (so called better team) as long as everyone has gone out there and given their all to win the game, and that includes the manager it all started wrongly with Koeman's line up, to try and defend for ninety minutes against a team who have been scoring goals for fun was a decision which handed them the game.

Koeman's not a silly man, if most of us who are could see it wasn't the right tactic, I'm sure he has realised the same and we improve and move on.

Thing is though, a lot of us, including me, have questioned certain line ups before games and we've won most of them. I don't like the whole 3 attacking players thing, but it's working, so.....

It's always easier to say afterwards that it was wrong, this, that, etc. For all we know, we could have gone into it 'as normal' and got smashed 5-0...then it would have been 'we should have been more defensive, a draw was our best hope' etc. You just know it!!!

But, really, we know the gap between us and Spurs isn't that much. It's not huge. So as you say, learn, improve, move on.

The changes were definitely right yesterday and it showed. I wasn't too surprised that Barry started because he wasn't that bad last week but he was getting pulled around as no-one really knew where they should be as we had 4 people who ideally wanted to play in the same spot. You end up second guessing all the time.

I was glad to see Jags in as well. There isn't much between him and Mori but the latter is just that little bit more unpredictable and against that West Brom team we didn't need to give them any encouragement because they were poor.

I hope this shows to Koeman how he needs to set us up in a 433. He has it sussed in the 352 so now he doesn't have any excuses for the rest of the season.

A season of Kevin Mirallas.

Mirallas starts 3 games, performances drop > benched for two games > comes on as sub in second game and turns game around > gets recall > starts next game, goes missing > benched for two games > comes on as sub in second game and turns game around > gets recall > has a blinder > hits purple patch > Starts in BIG game, goes missing > benched for two games > comes on as sub in second game and turns game around > gets recall > starts next game goes missing > benched for two games > comes on as sub in second game and turns game around > gets recall > hits purple patch > Starts in BIG game delivers > gets injured > 1 month out.

A season of Kevin Mirallas.

Mirallas starts 3 games, performances drop > benched for two games > comes on as sub in second game and turns game around > gets recall > starts next game, goes missing > benched for two games > comes on as sub in second game and turns game around > gets recall > has a blinder > hits purple patch > Starts in BIG game, goes missing > benched for two games > comes on as sub in second game and turns game around > gets recall > starts next game goes missing > benched for two games > comes on as sub in second game and turns game around > gets recall > hits purple patch > Starts in BIG game delivers > gets injured > 1 month out.

Bar his first season, this is Kev every season.

That's just the way he is. Probably frustrates the shit out of his managers.

I don't get why anyone would think Koeman would just go selling players so willy nilly.

Kev is a very useful, but inconsistent, player. He may not be a world beater but he's a good member of the squad by all accounts nowadays, and he will want some consistency as well as squad improvements.

There's only been two matches were he wasn't given any game time.

Stats wise Mirallas gets a goal or an assist every 148 minutes. In comparison Ross plays a part every 161 minutes.

Can see why he's frustrated though as he's only played the full 90 minutes twice.

Yes Mirallas is inconsistent but he is more consistent than anyone else we have in that position and like MC says we look more of a threat with him there. Other than possibly Lookman, he is the only one that can do nothing all game and pop up with a bit of skill or shot to get us a goal.

I think that's part of the problem Bailey, I don't think football managers, and particularly the Premiership game, these days can tolerate a 'do nothing then pop up' type of player.

He's still useful mind. I wouldn't sell him unless he wanted to go.

Yes Mirallas is inconsistent but he is more consistent than anyone else we have in that position and like MC says we look more of a threat with him there. Other than possibly Lookman, he is the only one that can do nothing all game and pop up with a bit of skill or shot to get us a goal.

That's why I'd think about subbing Barkley before him.

I think that's part of the problem Bailey, I don't think football managers, and particularly the Premiership game, these days can tolerate a 'do nothing then pop up' type of player.

He's still useful mind. I wouldn't sell him unless he wanted to go.

But every other player we have in that position is the same. If we had solid 7/10 players every game then Mirallas should be on the bench but we don't.

his response to the first question is hilarious. this quote on romelu was key "i'm not worried, he has 2 more years on the contract, he must respect that".

his response on ross was spot on basically saying "shit or get off the pot". you have a contract, sign it, or you could be sold this summer. he said it's not an ultimatum.

After some turbulent days, really good, honest, strong words from the manager.

I'm starting to really like him, bar the fact he doesn't say "us" as much as I'd like. But his response has given a lot of hope and deserves an equal amount of respect

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rusty747

My favourite is after we beat Man City 4-0 and Guardiola was saying that the result wasn't a true reflection of the game as City had something like 60% possession.

Ronald's response "You would expect to have a lot of possession if you have to kick off 5 times in the same match!"