IGNORED

Morgan Schneiderlin

Let's be honest, Morgan Schneiderlin is a footballer who has said he felt that he may have been too hasty in leaving Man Utd for Everton, plays for a Manager who didn't sign him, puts in lacklustre performances, and looks like he doesn't want to be here. He's given all that he's prepared to give, and we are not going to get any more out of him than what we are getting.

We should have cut our losses and got rid after that incident when he and Mirallas were giggling away like schoolchildren at some event or other, and Duncan Ferguson took them to task. Sad thing is, I'm pretty sure his contract doesn't run out until around June 2021. So if we can't get rid before then, I feel he should be benched with label stuck to him stating: 'Use Only In Extreme Emergencies'.

43 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Schneiderlin getting it the most for yesterday (other than Silva) even though I can think of quite a few others who made his performance one of the better ones... I can't say I'm surprised.

Lost his man for their first goal, didn't follow him into the box, could be seen jogging back. Didn't looked arsed about it either, sums him up in my opinion. Not fit to wear the shirt.

7 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Lost his man for their first goal, didn't follow him into the box, could be seen jogging back. Didn't looked arsed about it either, sums him up in my opinion. Not fit to wear the shirt.

I'm not saying he played well, LB, far from it, but he always gets it more than any other player if the team play badly. 

I watched him twice receive the ball and try and push us up the pitch and break away but he just didn't have the pace for it. He didn't play like a man that didn't give a shit for me, not at all. Meanwhile, you've got players like Sigurdsson who actually do hide on the pitch. He was like a mole that had burrowed under the pitch to hide in the darkness.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm not saying he played well, LB, far from it, but he always gets it more than any other player if the team play badly. 

I watched him twice receive the ball and try and push us up the pitch and break away but he just didn't have the pace for it. He didn't play like a man that didn't give a shit for me, not at all. Meanwhile, you've got players like Sigurdsson who actually do hide on the pitch. He was like a mole that had burrowed under the pitch to hide in the darkness.

This!!

It doesn’t matter how Morgan plays, he’s a shit house, he doesn’t care, he isn’t fit to wear the shirt. 

Ive seen more from Morgan this season than I’ve seen from Gylfi, and not just a little bit. Gylfi looks like he wants to be anywhere other than Goodison Park. 

Morgan was lucky not to be sent off yesterday, but at least he had a go. I’ll never get on a players case for not having certain abilities, as Mark said Morgan didn’t have the pace to see through what he wanted to do. Gylfi and plenty of others haven’t even tried. It frustrates me with Gylfi as the man has plenty of ability, maybe not pace, but he can pass a ball and he can cross and he can shoot, but he doesn’t even want the ball. 
I know which of the two id rather have in the side right now. 

43 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I agree Gylfi is poor, all the things you say about him are right. He should not start for us which is what I posted on the match thread when the teams were announced. 

The same is true for Schneiderlin, when the going gets tough he goes missing. No excuse for not busting a gut to get back to try and prevent the goal. Yes he cops more negative comments than he should, although not by me. He has been poor since Ronalds first season here, with a few good games thrown in to annoy us as it shows he can do it when he is in the mood.

44 minutes ago, StevO said:

This!!

It doesn’t matter how Morgan plays, he’s a shit house, he doesn’t care, he isn’t fit to wear the shirt. 

Ive seen more from Morgan this season than I’ve seen from Gylfi, and not just a little bit. Gylfi looks like he wants to be anywhere other than Goodison Park. 

Morgan was lucky not to be sent off yesterday, but at least he had a go. I’ll never get on a players case for not having certain abilities, as Mark said Morgan didn’t have the pace to see through what he wanted to do. Gylfi and plenty of others haven’t even tried. It frustrates me with Gylfi as the man has plenty of ability, maybe not pace, but he can pass a ball and he can cross and he can shoot, but he doesn’t even want the ball. 

Yes Gylfi has the ability but like Schneiderlin not the mental fortitude to play for us. Both should be shipped out by Brands. I would rather have Iwobi and Benni playing than those two any day. 

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

I watched him twice receive the ball and try and push us up the pitch and break away but he just didn't have the pace for it.

Me too, he broke out and ran, but clearly didn’t want to be the man with the ball as he didn’t know what to do with it, and frustratingly failed to pass and lost the ball.

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

It frustrates me with Gylfi as the man has plenty of ability, maybe not pace, but he can pass a ball and he can cross and he can shoot, but he doesn’t even want the ball.

None of the above were evident yesterday, he ran around in circles chasing the ball or being sold simple dummies.

18 hours ago, nogs said:

Bailey you sum up the massive contradiction of everyone who tries to defend him. He wasn't that bad - apart from being a very limited footballer who fucked up for a goal 😂

He constantly lets runners go. And we shouldn't be fielding limited footballers! 

Nogs there is a difference between being limited and not giving a shit. I wouldn't play him if I had the choice but he is in there doing what he can fairly near to the maximum of his limitations. He should be sat behind a midfield two where he doesn't have to use his pace or cover ground. If you get him doing much more than that you will be asking for trouble.

Everyone fucked up countless times in that game but Morgan will cop the biggest because his is the most obvious. Both Mina and Holgate should have dealt with that goal as they also should have the second. How many times did our attacking players fail to get a shot on target or fail to make the right pass? They get away with it more because the impact of their lack of quality wasn't as obvious.

Schneiderlin is a player that wouldn't be in our first choice 11, in fact I am not sure if he would make the bench with everyone fit but when 3 players in that position are our you are scraping the barrel.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

This!!

Gylfi is a massive problem for us especially when people moan about how we dont play enough football through the middle. He does hide and he doesn't take responsibility. He also hovers around the same lines as the striker meaning its hard for us to get the ball into the strikers feet.

I did however think that he improved a lot when he was played deeper and alongside Davies. Then he was on the ball, making forward runs, picking out passes or at least trying to. With Gomes out, he needs to drop deeper and get on the ball a lot more.

25 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I agree Gylfi is poor, all the things you say about him are right. He should not start for us which is what I posted on the match thread when the teams were announced. 

The same is true for Schneiderlin, when the going gets tough he goes missing. No excuse for not busting a gut to get back to try and prevent the goal. Yes he cops more negative comments than he should, although not by me. He has been poor since Ronalds first season here, with a few good games thrown in to annoy us as it shows he can do it when he is in the mood.

Yes Gylfi has the ability but like Schneiderlin not the mental fortitude to play for us. Both should be shipped out by Brands. I would rather have Iwobi and Benni playing than those two any day. 

Schneiderlin stops because he thinks Mina and Holgate are going to deal with the attack. Holgate looks well out of position to start with the fudges the tackle and Mina doesnt make the tackle that he should do either. Schneiderlin is tracking Cantwell to start with but he stops when he thinks the other two are going to win the ball. I think that a man of his experience should keep tracking the man as a safety first approach. You also have to question why Sidibe is in a completely different parish to Mina as well. Bar myself, I havent heard any one else comment on how shite the other 3 were in that goal.

Schneiderlin gets it more than most because he has been consistently poor and ineffective for longer than anyone else in the team. Sigurdsson wouldn't be far behind imo. I don't give a fuck about injuries. If you keep playing out of form, limited, disinterested players, whatever it is with them, you will not win many football matches. That's a key reason why we are where we are. We can change the manager, but until we're bold about changing the playing staff too, we're going nowhere. 

15 hours ago, c1982 said:

Beyond Kenny, I don’t know who you could be thinking of?

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/19-20/squad.php

What that list does highlight is just how much player turnover there has been, which although necessary I'd also destabilising. We got nowhere near rebuilding the squad the way we needed to in the summer, which is why we're still seeing Schneiderlin starting and a woeful Sigurdsson sulking. It's a really shit situation. But we have to make the best of what we have. And for me that means a new manager who will inspire and give a few young hungry players a chance, rather than just expecting chronically underperforming players to come good. 

Because let's face it, we all accepted the likes of Williams and Bolasie were busted flushes. Why would we expect any kind of turn around from players like Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson? 

15 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

If only Crystal Palace would have taken him instead of McCarthy. Can’t wait until his contract runs out and coaches can no longer select him.

I’d be happy if I never saw him in an Everton shirt again. Problem is we have no midfielders at all. 

He may not be good and shouldn’t be here, but  he’s definitely not the only one, and him not playing or leaving won’t end the shit we are going through, so if people think when he’s gone our troubles will be over then they need to open their eyes to what else is going on. 

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He may not be good and shouldn’t be here, but  he’s definitely not the only one, and him not playing or leaving won’t end the shit we are going through, so if people think when he’s gone our troubles will be over then they need to open their eyes to what else is going on. 

Your right, but I dont think our troubles will be over when he has gone, but when he, Cenk and Siggy have left we can fully repair the damage to our squad.

25 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Id love to know who’s suggesting this 🤷‍♂️

58 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You can see it in the threads look at other players who are as equally as bad and see the comparison. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

if people think when he’s gone our troubles will be over then they need to open their eyes to what else is going on. 

That’s is part I was referring to! I’ve looked through the threads and no one has said get rid of Morgan and all our troubles are over. 🤦‍♂️ There are some strange views at times on here but none quite that radical. I agree there are other players that should be cleared out but this is the schneiderlin thread 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, barryj said:

That’s is part I was referring to! I’ve looked through the threads and no one has said get rid of Morgan and all our troubles are over. 🤦‍♂️ There are some strange views at times on here but none quite that radical. I agree there are other players that should be cleared out but this is the schneiderlin thread 🤷‍♂️

What I was trying to refer to is that he alone if gone will not solve our problems, there are equally as poor players in the team but they don’t get same amount of condemnation as him, why is it that Gylfi and Tosun don’t get the same or any where near as much on their threads is my point, it’s like all the blame is going one way which is becoming a blinkered approach. 
Yes he is poor and shouldn’t be here, but he has become the easy target for some, who don’t criticise equally as poor players in the same way, it maybe a form of band wagon jumping with some I don’t know 🤷‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

You could say exactly the same about Silva. The sum of it is we're in a mess. Again. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

What I was trying to refer to is that he alone if gone will not solve our problems, there are equally as poor players in the team but they don’t get same amount of condemnation as him, why is it that Gylfi and Tosun don’t get the same or any where near as much on their threads is my point, it’s like all the blame is going one way which is becoming a blinkered approach. 
Yes he is poor and shouldn’t be here, but he has become the easy target for some, who don’t criticise equally as poor players in the same way, it maybe a form of band wagon jumping with some I don’t know 🤷‍♂️ 

Look in the Brands thread - I said ‘DCL way better than the invisible Todun’ I’m happy to say it as I see it. I’ll criticise when they’re poor and praise when they’re due praise. Morgan has been at the club for longer than most so I’m very confident in my opinion on him and I’m almost certain that won’t change. 

20 hours ago, plaidharper said:

I have been disgusted with Morgan basically since he arrived and certainly one of the biggest moaners about it but have never said getting rid of him would solve everything. Doesn’t change the fact I want him gone though. Wouldn’t play him in my sunday league side based on attitude alone.

So when he arrived and he was in great form you were disgusted? Even though at the time he was one of our best performers?

Im sure you’re a better judge of his attitude than the managers who keep picking him. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

So when he arrived and he was in great form you were disgusted? Even though at the time he was one of our best performers?

Im sure you’re a better judge of his attitude than the managers who keep picking him. 

I didn't see too many disgusted reactions when he was part of our winning sides at the end of last season either...

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Were you proud of him when he and Mirallas disrespected the club by not taking training seriously, and were disciplined by the club?

I agree in is first season he was our best player by a mile, but how would describe his form since then?

4 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Were you proud of him when he and Mirallas disrespected the club by not taking training seriously, and were disciplined by the club?

I agree in is first season he was our best player by a mile, but how would describe his form since then?

How was he disciplined by the club? (Honest question as I don’t recall him being discliplined for it)

Im not actually proud of any of our players, that’s not an emotion I attach to a footballer personally, so no I’m not proud of him at any point.

Do you honestly think there have been no issues of fighting or arguing or people kicking off at training other than that one occasion? The only issue I’ve got with what happened that day was that it was made public. It should have stayed in house, like the many other incidents have. 

Since his first season his form has been up and down. But fans like you who can’t let that one incident go won’t even admit when he had played well, and he has at times. He’s been no worse than many of his team mates. 

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

I can't believe I am sticking up for him but;

1. You don't actually know what happened bearing in mind both players have denied it;

2. There are a lot of players that have a laugh and a joke at training - Mikel has just said that Hazard barely trained in his time at Chelsea.

25 minutes ago, Bailey said:

1. You don't actually know what happened bearing in mind both players have denied it;

2. There are a lot of players that have a laugh and a joke at training - Mikel has just said that Hazard barely trained in his time at Chelsea.

I wouldn’t call it sticking up for him, I think he has been very poor for quite a while now and occasionally he will put a half decent game in but we need players with some consistency, and that he hasn’t got. 
What gets my back up is that he being made the scapegoat for all that’s wrong with the team. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

How was he disciplined by the club? (Honest question as I don’t recall him being discliplined for it)

Im not actually proud of any of our players, that’s not an emotion I attach to a footballer personally, so no I’m not proud of him at any point.

Do you honestly think there have been no issues of fighting or arguing or people kicking off at training other than that one occasion? The only issue I’ve got with what happened that day was that it was made public. It should have stayed in house, like the many other incidents have. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/11/06/kevin-mirallas-morgan-schneiderlin-dropped-everton-training/

Fighting and arguing among players is one thing, it happens, not training properly then when asked to up his game or leave he chooses to leave is something else. In my opinion it shows a lack of respect for staff, teammates, and the club.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Since his first season his form has been up and down. But fans like you who can’t let that one incident go won’t even admit when he had played well, and he has at times. He’s been no worse than many of his team mates. 

In my post I admitted he was our best player in his first season with us, I also said in previous posts that he does play really well in some games sadly an all to infrequent occurrence. So try reading my posts properly next time.

Fans like me, WTF does that even mean? You need to calm down, this is a forum of Everton fans after all, so quit the snide comments. I make up my own mind on players, I am no sheep and a I carry no vendettas, lets get that straight.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

1) What happened was widely reported and Schneiderlin was disciplined by the club.

2) Hazard is a world class player, one of the best to of ever played in the premier league, he can get away with it. Schneiderlin is not a world class player by any stretch of the imagination so he has to train!