IGNORED

Morgan Schneiderlin

13 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Much improved performance recently, but I still can’t forgive him lying on the ground when Jones scores in FA cup, and he still has a tendency to pass backward to much.

Not going to argue about that goal, but he has spoken about how he plays the short simple pass to help his team with recovery. We might not like it as fans, but if the team need a breather it’s got to be understandable surely?

My issue with him isn't passing or ability or anything technical..... more times than I care to remember he has cost us by being gutless really.   McCarthy broken leg, plus numerous goals where he literally allowed a player to stroll past him.

I just have no trust in him at all.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

He has played well most of this season but today was a standout. 

Lets not rewrite history, he didn't play well under Silva and his performance against Liverpools reserves was one of the worst I have seen by an Everton player, and I have seen Nyarko play!!

He is a very talented player, can ping 40 yard passes, tackle, read the game, but he only ever plays when he wants to. I think its when he respects the coach. He did not respect Silva, lost respect for Koeman, and it showed, he respects Carlo and is playing for him.

If it continues in the vain of form he is one of our best midfielders, although I have not seen Gambin play, and Gomes is our best midfielder by a country mile.

20 hours ago, London Blue said:

Lets not rewrite history, he didn't play well under Silva and his performance against Liverpools reserves was one of the worst I have seen by an Everton player, and I have seen Nyarko play!!

He is a very talented player, can ping 40 yard passes, tackle, read the game, but he only ever plays when he wants to. I think its when he respects the coach. He did not respect Silva, lost respect for Koeman, and it showed, he respects Carlo and is playing for him.

If it continues in the vain of form he is one of our best midfielders, although I have not seen Gambin play, and Gomes is our best midfielder by a country mile.

I'm not "re-writing history", it's something I have said repeatedly this season (ie that he has played better than many). He also played well at the end of last season too for what it's worth.

He didn't play well against Liverpool reserves but again he played better than most in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I'm not "re-writing history", it's something I have said repeatedly this season (ie that he has played better than many). He also played well at the end of last season too for what it's worth.

He didn't play well against Liverpool reserves but again he played better than most in my opinion. 

Then we will have to disagree, in my opinion this season until Carlo started he has been very, very poor. In the Liverpool game he was in center midfield and should have bossed the game, but we were overrun in midfield, and as the most experienced and talented midfielder on the pitch that's on him.

15 hours ago, London Blue said:

Then we will have to disagree, in my opinion this season until Carlo started he has been very, very poor. In the Liverpool game he was in center midfield and should have bossed the game, but we were overrun in midfield, and as the most experienced and talented midfielder on the pitch that's on him.

Gylfi was also on the pitch next to him. Just as experienced and arguably more talented. Let’s not give him a free ride for that game. 

47 minutes ago, StevO said:

Gylfi was also on the pitch next to him. Just as experienced and arguably more talented. Let’s not give him a free ride for that game. 

I think the general consensus is that Gylfi is playing his last games for Everton.... with regards Morgan it feels like this latest offering could be the reinvention of a player who has had false dawns before..... and some fans would be happy to see him stay.

I just do not trust him

On 08/02/2020 at 10:24, London Blue said:

He has all the talent but only shows it when he wants to, fortunately for us he wants to play for Carlo. As long as he keeps this up then he should start, especially next match. 

But this happens every time! He shows little effort, he's the most culpable on the field, and then he shows up for a couple of games - and how soon we forget! I don't see this leopard changing his spots. I'm glad he had a good game, but we need consistency and strength and 110% effort in the heart of midfield.

On 10/02/2020 at 12:19, Hafnia said:

I think the general consensus is that Gylfi is playing his last games for Everton.... with regards Morgan it feels like this latest offering could be the reinvention of a player who has had false dawns before..... and some fans would be happy to see him stay.

I just do not trust him

To be fair I'm not sure too many people will want him as part of our midfield for the future. At the moment, he is the midfielder with the least holes in him. It's not saying much, I admit! 

He has started playing a lot more long diagonal balls - which is good. He doesn’t need to do anything outstanding, win the  ball and get it forward quickly to our pacey forwards and let them get at a disjointed defence. Sweep up in front of the 4 and cover of a full back is caught out.

Hes been better but he is a limited footballer with a glass ceiling. Heavily one footed and lacks athleticism. If he had consistency he could be dependable. 

He has had a few food games to be fair, but that’s all for me. True, in typical TT fashion, that makes him our best midfielder though 😉

But if he could keep up the form of his last outing, I would be glad to see him on the pitch again. But he is far from what we’re looking for.