IGNORED

Morgan Schneiderlin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
14 minutes ago, StevO said:

Even though he’s not kicked a ball since his operation in February? Have they got money to burn over there?

Yeah, they have. Their owner is an English billionaire who owned INEOS, and their plan is to rival PSG now that the owners of AS Monaco have dramatically reduced their funding. 

To be honest, injuries aside Morgan would be a great player for a Ligue 1 side (outside of Paris) so not a terrible deal considering they'll only really need to pay his wages.

12 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Yeah, they have. Their owner is an English billionaire who owned INEOS, and their plan is to rival PSG now that the owners of AS Monaco have dramatically reduced their funding. 

To be honest, injuries aside Morgan would be a great player for a Ligue 1 side (outside of Paris) so not a terrible deal considering they'll only really need to pay his wages.

Thanks for that Zoo. 

I misread too. I thought it had dropped to 7m, didn’t realise it was only 1.8m. In that case I think they’ve got a bargain if he gets over the injury. 

We will have to spend big time on the midfield this summer. With just Gomes, Davies and Delph on the books we will be pretty short. I don’t want to see Gylfi playing in a two either. 

9 minutes ago, StevO said:

We will have to spend big time on the midfield this summer. With just Gomes, Davies and Delph on the books we will be pretty short. I don’t want to see Gylfi playing in a two either. 

That's a scary thought. For the sake of £2m I'd rather keep Schneiderlin than play Delph or Sigurdssen. 

23 minutes ago, StevO said:

Thanks for that Zoo. 

I misread too. I thought it had dropped to 7m, didn’t realise it was only 1.8m. In that case I think they’ve got a bargain if he gets over the injury. 

Delph can't stay fit (and is shit) and Davies just isn't good enough (imo). So we have one decent midfielder. We needed to spend on the midfield anyway, and now it needs to be the only place we look to bring players in. I say the only place because I can't see us having much to spend whenever the transfer window opens. Which makes me even more annoyed about the fact we seem so bad at getting good money for our dregs when other clubs still manage to get a lot for theirs.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Delph can't stay fit (and is shit) and Davies just isn't good enough (imo). So we have one decent midfielder. We needed to spend on the midfield anyway, and now it needs to be the only place we look to bring players in. I say the only place because I can't see us having much to spend whenever the transfer window opens. Which makes me even more annoyed about the fact we seem so bad at getting good money for our dregs when other clubs still manage to get a lot for theirs.

Completely agree mate. It would make sense to pick up a centre half like Silva on a free and use any funds further up the pitch. I can see a midfielder or two and a winger coming in. Maybe a keeper to sit on the bench too. Not much else. 

On 13/06/2020 at 10:06, Romey 1878 said:

Looking at https://www.evertonfc.com/teams/transfers it’s  difficult to say whether that’s fair comment or not ! But I think in the current climate it’s a decent deal for all concerned , he gets to go home, they get a player who can probably do a job in that league and we have the double bonus of getting one of our biggest earners off the wage bill and never again having to see that oxygen thief stroll around the park without a care in the world