IGNORED

Morgan Schneiderlin

20 minutes ago, Btay said:

I’d keep him in against Newcastle. It gives Gomes a kick up the arse he needed. Disappointed Davies hasn’t kept his spot but I question how much effort he put in over the long break. It sounds like Morgan was absolutely desperate to prove him self.

Snodin said during the commentary on the U23 match tonight that he had a text ahead of the derby from Graham Stuart that "Morgan was starting" and he got very excited because he thought he meant Morgan Feeney, 'nuff said.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Snodin said during the commentary on the U23 match tonight that he had a text ahead of the derby from Graham Stuart that "Morgan was starting" and he got very excited because he thought he meant Morgan Feeney, 'nuff said.

Hahah well.

He's a player where performance-based pay would make a big difference, I think. When you're guaranteed a fortune every week, whether you play well or poorly or even at all, it really doesn't matter too much. When you only get paid for putting in a real shift, though, you're going to do your best. Some players are motivated by playing for a particular team. Others (Schneiderlin and Walcott among them) are just doing a job and picking up a pay packet. For them, I say hit them where it hurts.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

His job is to disrupt, I don’t expect him to do more than that. He broke up play and kept possession. Doesn’t need to be Zidane to make a difference. 

for me he's redundant, gana does the disruption job, schneiderlin was heralded for his passing vision when he got here and he's only shown us 5 yard sideways and back passes.  

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

for me he's redundant, gana does the disruption job, schneiderlin was heralded for his passing vision when he got here and he's only shown us 5 yard sideways and back passes.  

I think he did a good job on Sunday. He worked hard and didn’t give too much space against a very good side. We’ve been weak at times against lesser sides, I’m not saying he was the whole difference but he contributed to that solidity and safety in the middle.

Dont think he’s ever been heralded for his passing vision, yeah he played a few good long balls, but anything going forward has never been part of his skill set. 

Him and Gana are two very different players. They play in similar positions but with two very different styles. 

16 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

If he's playing now best put himself in the window or stake a claim for his EFC future.

My guess is neither.  He is on contract until 2021 on decent wages. Just had a kid.  In his second year of marriage.  Turns 30 this year.  As things stand, it looks like he is preferred to James McCarthy.  So for at least a year he can just play the part of professional, soak up some funds, and enjoy some stability before worrying about another and/or his last contract.  That would be my guess.  

Not a fan and feel as if he is another example of deadwood with a badly negotiated contract (long term / big wages) from the Koeman/Walsh era.  Hoping Brands will prevent this kind of thing in the future or least be more selective / shrewd.

1 hour ago, plaidharper said:

My guess is neither.  He is on contract until 2021 on decent wages. Just had a kid.  In his second year of marriage.  Turns 30 this year.  As things stand, it looks like he is preferred to James McCarthy.  So for at least a year he can just play the part of professional, soak up some funds, and enjoy some stability before worrying about another and/or his last contract.  That would be my guess.  

Not a fan and feel as if he is another example of deadwood with a badly negotiated contract (long term / big wages) from the Koeman/Walsh era.  Hoping Brands will prevent this kind of thing in the future or least be more selective / shrewd.

I'm not sure he's preffered to Macca. He's still coming back from injury and would play in Gana's role, whilst Morgan will play in Gomes' role. 

Saying that if silva doesn't give any minutes to macca soon, maybe you're right. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I think he did a good job on Sunday. He worked hard and didn’t give too much space against a very good side. We’ve been weak at times against lesser sides, I’m not saying he was the whole difference but he contributed to that solidity and safety in the middle.

Dont think he’s ever been heralded for his passing vision, yeah he played a few good long balls, but anything going forward has never been part of his skill set. 

Him and Gana are two very different players. They play in similar positions but with two very different styles. 

He played his part in a battling performance he wasn’t setting the world on fire but he wasn’t shit as some have said, let’s all be honest Gana was a shadow of the player we saw against Cardiff, and for good reasons Cardiff are shit and Liverpool have a realistic chance of winning the league, personally I think they were both average and both held their own against a team that had a lot of possession. 

Infact I would say everyone who played deserves recognition for a good team performance and that goes for the fans as well they were magnificent. 

Oh nearly forgot the ball boy that was the cherry on the cake 🍰 

On 04/03/2019 at 00:06, Romey 1878 said:

I really didn’t think he had a bad game at all. I was happy to applaud him off when he was subbed. 

10 hours ago, nogs said:

Saw absolutely nothing on Sunday to suggest we'll ever improve with him in the side. 

I also was happy to give him a round of applause as he left the field. He did his job, but nothing more. The tactics were clear to see and executed well. Contain and keep it tight and then bring on the expansive players in the last 30 mins. Worked well without a goal but we were more likely to score and the title contenders looked rattled.

• 1 month later...

his recent form makes you wonder if he will stick around after all.  after his kid's birth and then father's death (is that right? or mother?) his attitude seemed to change and he fell in line and was given chances by Silva (at the expense of Davies).  If Gomes doesn't come back or we lose Gana, or both, there could be a need there and a player already familiar with the locker room and system and staff might be easier to hold onto rather than buy someone unknown.  time will tell. 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

Morgan is so frustrating for me. When he’s on his game his such a good player, his first six months with us I thought he was our best player by a very long way. 

If he doesn’t leave and we can bring in Gomes and keep Gana, picking two from Morgan, Gana, Gomes and Davies isn’t a bad choice to have. 

The Morgan from the first 6 months of his time here would allow us to play inverted triangle in midfield. At the expense of Gana but having Morgan sit with Gomes and Gylfi in front is handy option against teams that drop deep.

• 2 weeks later...

with the bad eggs gone and a manager controlling the dressing room and showing precedent for dropping players like morgan and richarlison, i actually think this guy should stay.  he showed after he was dropped that he is able to get his shit together and play like a pro again.  i'd give him a second chance since DM is a position we could potentially be short at (gana and gomes situation).

• 2 weeks later...

One swallow does not make a summer. His attitude and overall contribution for over 12 months was awful. Sure, he improved recently, but are we comparing those performances against the previous twenty or against the standard we should expect week-in week-out? I'd prefer to sell, quite honestly, because there's a strong possibility the "couldn't care less" attitude will return.

9 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

One swallow does not make a summer. His attitude and overall contribution for over 12 months was awful. Sure, he improved recently, but are we comparing those performances against the previous twenty or against the standard we should expect week-in week-out? I'd prefer to sell, quite honestly, because there's a strong possibility the "couldn't care less" attitude will return.

Off the recent performances I hope he's found love for the game again otherwise I agree he should go.

I'm a stubborn cunt and would have happily piggy backed him out of the club after the McCarthy injury... But he's been through a lot this year and has shown more strength/pride than I thought he would in our shirt lately.

He was poor for a long period and I could understand the criticism he was receiving was justified, but I have always maintained he had the ability to be a good player for us, I saw what he is capable of doing.when  at Southampton and although he hasn’t reached those heights here yet in a better team and with the progress he’s shown I think we should be looking to keep him. 

15 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Very Christian of you! 

It would be a second swallow, because he was excellent for a long time when he arrived. Then the whole team went down the pan. The fact that he managed to come back and played well after so long out, stepping up when we needed him, deserves credit. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Very Christian of you! 

It would be a second swallow, because he was excellent for a long time when he arrived. Then the whole team went down the pan. The fact that he managed to come back and played well after so long out, stepping up when we needed him, deserves credit. 

Those first few months I fell in love with the guy. He was by far our best player, he seemed to control the team from the middle of the park. There was that video from the Chelsea game doing the rounds where we played about 25 passes before scoring and he made about 15 of them. It was lovely football. 

Hes always been tainted by the story of him and Mirallas having a bust up with the staff at the training ground, a lot of fans haven’t let that go. It’s probably happened 50 times since with various other players but these things don’t normally get out but happen on a regular basis.