IGNORED

Juan Mata

If Mourinho wanted to force a move surely he wouldn't play him pre-season?

Basically what Steve said, play the man in friendlies he does well it keeps people interested plus his fitness levels up

If it were any other manager I'd forget about it happening and him leaving but Mourinho won't let his ego get bruised and go back on the way he hung the guy out to dry publicly at Chelsea and all the media spin that came from it

Mourinho WILL want him to prove him wrong. If Mata shows him what he could be missing, he'll stay at United.

Mourinho was blasted for letting him go the first time. Letting him go twice and watching him prosper would hurt his rep.

Disagree, all the signs over the years have never indicated Mourinho to be a man who will go back on his judgement and certainly to be proven wrong. His character interviews etc all suggest the complete opposite

Midfielder Juan Mata's position has also come under scrutiny as Mourinho sold the Spaniard to Manchester United for £37.1m in 2014.

But Mourinho says "there is a space for Juan" in the team and that he must "fight for a place".

He added: "First of all, I think maybe all of you misunderstood what happened in our previous club because I never told Mata to leave. I never pressed the club to sell him.

"It was his decision and only his decision and I don't like players that want to leave. If the player doesn't want to be with us, goodbye - be happy where you want to go.

"But, to be fair, I think he is happy and I am not expecting him to ask to leave."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36857733