IGNORED

Juan Mata

So are you saying you should only ever change tactics once per game?

No, what I'm saying is that he brought Mata on, presumably to solve a problem he spotted, but failed to see the bigger problem this caused. Having said that, I agree with Haf, he did it to cheese Mata off. :rofl:

yeah 30m is great. i've read elsewhere they want to recoup the full 37.1m they paid for him, i'd be inclined to say pay that all upfront as well. just get him signed.

Honestly I feel like the 37.1 up front is still a no brainer.. I may even go a bit higher. If we want to get a player of his quality in we're going to have to pay.

Mata is a weird one for me. I didn't really rate him at Chelsea up until the season before Mourinho turned up (for the 2nd time) when he was brilliant, Chelsea 's POTY if I remember rightly, but since he has gone to Utd he hasn't done anything either.

He is definitely the type if player we need but I would have my doubts about whether its him.

37.5m in this market to get someone with clear skill in the middle of his prime that can provide creativity we desperately need? What more are we waiting for? Maybe we should wait to see if De Bruyne favors a move?

Don't you have to be playing well to be in your prime?

He's a good age, he certainly isn't in his prime, although It is a point that he's been playing out of position for awhile, but I'm pretty sure I've seen him play in the centre on a few occasions and he's been less than impressing.

Edited by AidanLewis

Cant believe some of the BS written in here about a player thats a league above any of our signings in the last 10-15 years

What bullshit? Have you even watched him play in the last few seasons? I very much doubt it.

He's quality, yes, but 35 million for someone who hasn't even been average in 3 seasons is daft.

What bullshit? Have you even watched him play in the last few seasons? I very much doubt it.

He's quality, yes, but 35 million for someone who hasn't even been average in 3 seasons is daft.

To me I know mata is quality, world class creativity at times. And I know he was frequently played out of position and perhaps just didn't get on well at United. Sure it's a risk, but this is the type of player we don't get a crack at without some risk. We have the money, to me we have to do it. I think he'll show up consistently as the featured player.

To me I know mata is quality, world class creativity at times. And I know he was frequently played out of position and perhaps just didn't get on well at United. Sure it's a risk, but this is the type of player we don't get a crack at without some risk. We have the money, to me we have to do it. I think he'll show up consistently as the featured player.

I'd hope so and I want him here as much as anyone else. We've got money but when do you draw the line? He's a big risk at 35 million.

I'd hope so and I want him here as much as anyone else. We've got money but when do you draw the line? He's a big risk at 35 million.

Why is he a big risk at £35 million.

With the price of players today £35 million for a player of his proven class and ability, and what he brings to the team is value for money. He will bring the players together on the pitch, he is like a conductor of an orchestra.

If you consider how we played today, where would he even fit in?

Koeman has suggested that even if we play 4-3-3 we would play with a DM instead of an AM and I don't think he is quick or strong enough to get up and down the pitch to play in one of the wide areas.