IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

9 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

At least one of which he won himself ( can’t remember the other one ) 

Dunc, I’ve been a huge advocate of dcl for a long time.  For me he’s lost that chip on his shoulder that made him like a more athletic Shane long - he has appeared complacent for some time now. 

I had read a few sources on twitter say he badly wanted the arsenal move. 

17 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Given how poor the squad has been, I’d say everyone has a pricetag. 

But let’s make it to the summer and avoid relegation first.  

many of the players probably know that their future lies away from the club and that is a problem in itself when the ones who are part of the future seem to be the ones getting injured.

I would honestly look at recalling Lewis Warrington from Tranmere before I would play Gomes again.  Watch himn in the build up here...wins ball, one-two and plays ball inside to set up goal.

https://twitter.com/TranmereRovers/status/1495365616789770240?s=20&t=iQy27Xz1ckOTitGO4IW_6Q

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fucking hell this is embarrassing. The lad is back after missing most of the season but he's not guaranteed himself the golden boot in 3 games back so let's sack him off. No wonder we're in a state when our own fans are more fickle than our owner. 

Did Rondon get such allowances when he quite clearly was no where near fit to play?  Sometimes we have to look at it for what it is.  I like the lad but I'm sorry - his focus drifted a good while ago and that does surprise me.  His sulky passive aggresive behaviour after one game pre injury was very strange.

As mentioned earlier - a few twitter ITK seem unanimous that he was very keen to go to Arsenal.

18 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Did Rondon get such allowances when he quite clearly was no where near fit to play?  Sometimes we have to look at it for what it is.  I like the lad but I'm sorry - his focus drifted a good while ago and that does surprise me.  His sulky passive aggresive behaviour after one game pre injury was very strange.

As mentioned earlier - a few twitter ITK seem unanimous that he was very keen to go to Arsenal.

Twitter as a source is like quoting the Star. 

Him not being up to speed after months out doesn't really compare to Rondon at all, for what I would hope are clear and obvious reasons. But even Rondon got more than 3 games of grace, knowing he hadn't played for months, before the inevitable and fully justified slagging off from the fans. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Fucking hell this is embarrassing. The lad is back after missing most of the season but he's not guaranteed himself the golden boot in 3 games back so let's sack him off. No wonder we're in a state when our own fans are more fickle than our owner. 

I don't know if level of outrage is aimed at me but my only concern is that he's not adding anything to the team at the moment and is the reason I think he should be taken out.

I'm not for a minute suggesting he's lost his focus or his attitude is wrong like some, I just think he's struggling and think it would be helpful to the team for him be out of the firing line. Bench him for the City game where we really cannot afford to be carrying anyone and bring him back in for the midweek cup game where he'll hopefully get a goal or two and boost his confidence, and then maybe he'll be in a better position to help us survive.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't know if level of outrage is aimed at me but my only concern is that he's not adding anything to the team at the moment and is the reason I think he should be taken out.

I'm not for a minute suggesting he's lost his focus or his attitude is wrong like some, I just think he's struggling and think it would be helpful to the team for him be out of the firing line. Bench him for the City game where we really cannot afford to be carrying anyone and bring him back in for the midweek cup game where he'll hopefully get a goal or two and boost his confidence, and then maybe he'll be in a better position to help us survive.

I didn't quote anyone specifically for a reason mate.

I'm not frustrated by criticism of him being poor, although the only way he gets better is with game time now. But saying his head has been turned, that he's no good unless xyz is embarrassing.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I didn't quote anyone specifically for a reason mate.

I'm not frustrated by criticism of him being poor, although the only way he gets better is with game time now. But saying his head has been turned, that he's no good unless xyz is embarrassing.

I believe his head has been turned and I have seen a noted change in how he goes about games.  

He’s earned enough goodwill to prove me wrong but let’s just say his impact or lack of it is concerning and his supposed value exceeds what he offers of recent (pre injury included)

Just now, Hafnia said:

I believe his head has been turned and I have seen a noted change in how he goes about games.  

He’s earned enough goodwill to prove me wrong but let’s just say his impact or lack of it is concerning and his supposed value exceeds what he offers of recent (pre injury included)

I don't get the head turned thing at all. His form dropping along with most of the squad can be associated with many things; managers , injury, poor service... he's been out for months and now that we've got a new, positive manager there's calls to sell him? It's baffling. 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't get the head turned thing at all. His form dropping along with most of the squad can be associated with many things; managers , injury, poor service... he's been out for months and now that we've got a new, positive manager there's calls to sell him? It's baffling. 

It’s not a call to say “get rid he’s bloody awful”…….. it’s a call to say “if a team is prepared to pay £65m plus for him then that could be the right price and time to sell to use the money to overhaul the team”.

56 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It’s not a call to say “get rid he’s bloody awful”…….. it’s a call to say “if a team is prepared to pay £65m plus for him then that could be the right price and time to sell to use the money to overhaul the team”.

Not from you, no. This is why I didn't initially quote anyone. I think anyone looking to sell him at the moment is nuts. If he's still poor after a solid run of games I'd understand. But now is not even close to being the time.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Some fans have never rated him. Not fickle 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Not sure who people have been watching. 
He is holding the ball up well and linking up play. I’m watching him chase lost causes and earn corners from nothing… Villa. 
slide in and keep the ball again from lost causes. Put the ball on the net against Southampton, but was offside. 

But it’s obvious he isn't as sharp as he could be. For me that’s to be expected.

But fans want to drop him and either put Richie up front or Rondon! It’s crazy how our fans react sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Who needs DCL?

We have big Ron now!

I know you're just taking the piss but Rondon was still very much Rondon last night. I'm glad he got his goals though because he needs something to give him a boost. He's that bad that I'm doing more giggling than groaning when he's near the ball because I'm starting to feel sorry for him.

He's a trier, I'll give him that.

37 minutes ago, Btay said:

I mean he is here as our third choice striker who signed on a free, I think expectations of him need be re assessed. He scored 2 goals to get us through to the next round of the cup so he’s done his job in my eyes. 

And here is the example of trying to polish a turd. 

36 minutes ago, Btay said:

Are you talking about Keane? :getmecoat:

Well, Keane is probably just a good a source of goals for us at this point so it’s an easy mistake to make. 

33 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

And here is the example of trying to polish a turd. 

Well, Keane is probably just a good a source of goals for us at this point so it’s an easy mistake to make. 

😂😂😂 I’m just saying I don’t expect much from him. I think I’ve been pretty clear I would preferred Simms doing his role ( which I think he could have done to the same level ) and at least develop or sell on for a fee.

Hahaha I’m just stirring mate