IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

2 hours ago, Btay said:

😂😂😂 I’m just saying I don’t expect much from him. I think I’ve been pretty clear I would preferred Simms doing his role ( which I think he could have done to the same level ) and at least develop or sell on for a fee.

Hahaha I’m just stirring mate 

He was playing against a non-league side and still looked like a donkey. Surely you’re expecting more of him than that? I felt embarrassed watching him last night.

I hope the goals will help him because it looks like we will use him at times, sadly.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He was playing against a non-league side and still looked like a donkey. Surely you’re expecting more of him than that? I felt embarrassed watching him last night.

I hope the goals will help him because it looks like we will use him at times, sadly.

What does that say about the rest of those who played if we was given motm by most of the media and TT members, you don’t just paint a poor picture about him you also paint a poor picture about the others. He may not be a player who will become a regular for us for obvious reasons, but in this particular game he was and he did what was asked of him and got the 2 goals that got us into the next round.  

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

What does that say about the rest of those who played if we was given motm by most of the media and TT members, you don’t just paint a poor picture about him you also paint a poor picture about the others. He may not be a player who will become a regular for us for obvious reasons, but in this particular game he was and he did what was asked of him and got the 2 goals that got us into the next round.  

It says I think he's shit and he played shit against Boreham Wood despite scoring two goals (that were only scored because their keeper is even shitter than he is :lol:). It says nothing about the media or TT members other than the fact that everyone has different opinions.

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It says I think he's shit and he played shit against Boreham Wood despite scoring two goals (that were only scored because their keeper is even shitter than he is :lol:). It says nothing about the media or TT members other than the fact that everyone has different opinions.

It’s says you dislike him that much that you can’t even recognise when he’s done well. 

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

You made it personal, Palf, as you usually do. So I guess it's up to you whether you crack on with that.

What I said wasn’t personal, but as usual you threw your dummy out the pram when people don’t agree with you, and on Rondon performance on Thursday a fair few didn’t, but I’m prepared to say your wrong on this occasion and you don’t like it. 

Rondon did ok the other night, better than many thought he could.

are we going to mark players down based on the opposition? Because if that’s the case Michael Keane was atrocious as was Townsend.  

he’s very slow but as a target man he’s fine for certain roles at certain times/games.  His finishes were decent and the difference when we needed them. 

not sure why he’s the subject of ridicule in a game where he scored 2.  Last time out DCL was absolutely disgraceful and for me the concern isn’t a free transfer who has been bought in for cover but the £60m rated striker who seems to have lost the drive that made him what he was.

this whole finisher/poacher tag that dcl seems to have got is miles off.  He’s a bloody good athlete who can lead a line and bring others into play…. He needs to get back to that.  And no…. I’m not talking about him returning from injury - this has been evident for some time.

44 minutes ago, Palfy said:

What I said wasn’t personal, but as usual you threw your dummy out the pram when people don’t agree with you, and on Rondon performance on Thursday a fair few didn’t, but I’m prepared to say your wrong on this occasion and you don’t like it. 

I haven't threw my dummy out of my pram at all, I even said it's a case of people having different opinions when you asked what my opinion on his showing said about the media and other TT members. So stop making things up.

There's nothing about anything I've said so far that says I think my opinion is right and yours, and others is wrong. I've simply said I don't think he played well and is a terrible player. It's you that has the major problem with someone not agreeing with you.

20 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Rondon did ok the other night, better than many thought he could.

are we going to mark players down based on the opposition? Because if that’s the case Michael Keane was atrocious as was Townsend.  

he’s very slow but as a target man he’s fine for certain roles at certain times/games.  His finishes were decent and the difference when we needed them. 

not sure why he’s the subject of ridicule in a game where he scored 2.  Last time out DCL was absolutely disgraceful and for me the concern isn’t a free transfer who has been bought in for cover but the £60m rated striker who seems to have lost the drive that made him what he was.

this whole finisher/poacher tag that dcl seems to have got is miles off.  He’s a bloody good athlete who can lead a line and bring others into play…. He needs to get back to that.  And no…. I’m not talking about him returning from injury - this has been evident for some time.

I didn't really notice the CB's in this game because they were never tested at any point really. I've mentioned Townsend elsewhere, he was terrible.

On DCL - I've criticised him plenty and have been saying we should take him out of the starting 11 because he's not looked good since his return. I wouldn't bring him straight back in against Spurs, he should have to earn his spot back after we played so well against City.

15 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I haven't threw my dummy out of my pram at all, I even said it's a case of people having different opinions when you asked what my opinion on his showing said about the media and other TT members. So stop making things up.

There's nothing about anything I've said so far that says I think my opinion is right and yours, and others is wrong. I've simply said I don't think he played well and is a terrible player. It's you that has the major problem with someone not agreeing with you.

We all have our right to our opinions and we can all have our opinions questioned, I question your opinion of saying Rondon was shit on Thursday, I question it because I can’t believe anyone who watched the game could accuse him of being shit in that game, maybe you could quantify why you thought he was shit. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We all have our right to our opinions and we can all have our opinions questioned, I question your opinion of saying Rondon was shit on Thursday, I question it because I can’t believe anyone who watched the game could accuse him of being shit in that game, maybe you could quantify why you thought he was shit. 

He lumbered about the pitch and barely even challenged for headers - he was more interested in just being there, rather than jumping to win aerial balls. He's known for being a physical player but I'm yet to really to see him put himself about - it's all token gestures like when Sigurdsson used to stick a leg out to make it look like he was putting a challenge in as players walked past him. His movement was terrible for the most part. I've already mentioned what I thought about his two goals - they should have been saved and were more down to the keeper being poor, rather than nay sort of prowess on his part.

We know he looks completely out of his depth in the league but I expected him to at least look half decent against non-league opposition. In my opinion he looked equally as poor as he usually does. The only time he looked anything approaching decent was towards the end of the game when they were completely out on their feet.

If you think he had a decent game then that's fine, no worries. I don't and it's really as simple as that. I don't think my opinion on this issue is better than anyone else's, or that mine is correct and everyone else's is wrong. That couldn't be further from the reality because, to be honest, I don't care about anyone else's opinion (whether they agree with me or disagree with me). I put mine out there and if people want to shoot it down or jump on board then it is what it is.

He’s not fast granted but he worked hard he held the ball up well, his movement in and around the the box was good, his 5 attempts at goal with 4 on target and 2 converted would pretty much show that to be the case. Your point about the keeper is a bit unfair he maybe a non league keeper but that doesn’t make him shit, we actually had 10 attempts on target and he saved 8 of them not to shabby, he would have been unhappy with the first at his near post as all keeper’s would be, but that shouldn’t deflect from the cross into a dangerous area and the good movement from Rondon to get on the end of it and turn it in. The second goal not many would keep out, again good movement from Rondon delayed is run into the box and got good contact on it. 

To add my two cents, I thought that Rondon's second goal was decent and may have been scored against Premier League opposition. The first however is poor from the goalkeeper, no way should the ball be creeping in at the near post like that - wouldn't happen in the top flight (and if it did, questions would rightly be asked).

I thought Rondon was a 6/10 against Boreham Wood, despite the goals but when you consider how he's been since signing, you'd hope for a 10/10 to silence the critics a bit and use it as a game to push on from. 

DCL is a good player who’s out of form. 
Rondon is a shit player but managed to score a couple against non league opposition.  
Richarlison is dead good though, I like him a lot. 
Gordon shoots too much when there is a pass on. 
Townsend isn’t as fast as he used to be. 
Pickford is much better now he’s more sensible on the pitch. 

I still love Leighton Baines and always will. 

I’m about to go swimming with my daughter and the wife is making me some cheese on toast while I get ready. But really I’m just sat up stairs on TT. 

Have a fun day lads! 😂

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Oh yeah Mike, I'll definitely give that a go. 👍

Raw onion I like, I’d put it on after cheese has cooked.

as a pizza maker with an ooni oven, cheese with less fat like mozzarella is a definite winner. Cheddar gets too oily. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I love cheese on toast, with some raw onion on the top. 👍😀

33 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I put the onion on underneath the cheese so the cheese melts into it:)

12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Raw onion I like, I’d put it on after cheese has cooked.

as a pizza maker with an ooni oven, cheese with less fat like mozzarella is a definite winner. Cheddar gets too oily. 

This is the Rondon thread! :shakingfist:

Wait, as you were.