IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to talk sport today listening to hawkspee and Jacobs who are really funny and know their stuff. They were raving about him and so were carragher and Neville on sky. We need to tie this lad down to a serious contract. Does anyone know why he has gana on his back? They were saying its Spanish for desire!! If so it certainly fits

mods might need to join this to the Idrissa Gueye thread (and maybe rename it Idrissa Gana Gueye).

He wears Gana because that's his name, Idrissa Gana Gueye. I believe he wore Gueye at Villa and maybe he wanted to honor the other side of his family during his tenure here.

Regardless the man is a beast.

I just did all that and then read that you'd suggested it :lol:.

I read somewhere that Gana was actually Walsh's/Leicester's first choice and they eventually signed Kante when Gana went to Villa.

Early days but Gueye looks every bit the player Kante is. Leicester will be kicking themselves no doubt as there's a Kante shaped hole in their team this season and we've got the perfect player who would have plugged it.

I love idrissa gueye..... I knew he was gonna be good.... just not this great.

He was totally off my radar so had no expectation at all; astounded we got such a player for so little money though.

He was faultless last night (unless I missed something on a "comfort break"), you don't see that too often.

He was totally off my radar so had no expectation at all; astounded we got such a player for so little money though.

He was faultless last night (unless I missed something on a "comfort break"), you don't see that too often.

He passed one out to the wing in the final third rather than into the box or have a shot. Bolasie was then pressured into losing the ball and Defoe nearly scored in the counter.

He gives it away cheaply a few times each match.

But who cares when that equates to 1% of his match contribution. Onc he cuts that out he will he worth 60m to others but priceless to us.

I believe he completed 101 out of 106 passes on Monday. That dwarfed every other player on the pitch. One of those was an assist. I believe 2 others could've been, as well. So, not only did he complete better than 95% of his passes, he also didn't send them all backwards or sideways. Oh, and he also made 5 tackles and thwarted many attacks with his running and positioning. Right now, he's invaluable to our play.

I believe he completed 101 out of 106 passes on Monday. That dwarfed every other player on the pitch. One of those was an assist. I believe 2 others could've been, as well. So, not only did he complete better than 95% of his passes, he also didn't send them all backwards or sideways. Oh, and he also made 5 tackles and thwarted many attacks with his running and positioning. Right now, he's invaluable to our play.

haha yeah he's shit missed a couple passes, thank you Joe for proving the naysayers wrong. FFS we have some fickle fans on here. we'd win the league and they'd be bitching bolasie had one bad pass and gueye missed a tackle.

haha yeah he's shit missed a couple passes, thank you Joe for proving the naysayers wrong. FFS we have some fickle fans on here. we'd win the league and they'd be bitching bolasie had one bad pass and gueye missed a tackle.

I don't think anyone was doubting that he had a superb game and has had a much better impact than any of us expected; they were just responding to me saying he was "faultless" by pointing out that there was the odd mistake made.

I don't think anyone was doubting that he had a superb game and has had a much better impact than any of us expected; they were just responding to me saying he was "faultless" by pointing out that there was the odd mistake made.

thanks mike i took it too far. apologies. there's a lot of negativity on here and it's hard sometimes to filter through what's the "bitching about everything" to the "legimate bitching".