IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

You think wrong ;).

He's only missed the last three games, played against Southampton on Jan 2nd.

damn the pendant :shaking fist: but did you include the cup game?

Principal still stands though; our best run for a while, you don't change a winning team!

• 2 weeks later...

I know he's been good but every time he has the ball in our final third my heart is in my mouth with him.

I'm not overly sold on him if I'm honest.

I don't tend to worry at all, but yesterday I was. Although, I didn't actually notice him lose the ball that close to our area to be honest. He mostly got dispossessed near the half-way line and then they broke on us instantly. I was convinced that he was going to cost us a goal.

I'm not saying for one miute he should be sold or get MotM every week but I've been saying for ages he is a bit of a loose cannon for giving the ball away in dangerous positions.

Think his fitness was the reason he shined so brightly at the beginning, and before he left his faults were starting to show, makes blinkered passes and loses the ball in silly positions.

The rest have caught up to his fitness and you can see a clear difference in class. That said hard work and determination is still vital in the premier league, and even if he doesn't make the squad he'll be pushing the others in training to be their best.

• 2 weeks later...

Scored his first premier league goal today. Very happy for Gana. He was everywhere today, did a great job. Let's hope that he stays at that level for the rest of the campaign. I have a feeling if he does he and Lukaku will split the honors at the end of the season team awards.

And people wrote him off after he had a poor patch, despite how excellent he'd been before then!