IGNORED

Lamine Kone

I haven't asked ;)

Gibson sounds like he could be being moved on? Besic is turning into Saha. Clevs still has better games in him but I don't see him as a CM at all, nor Davies.

As true CM's go, Gana Barry and Besic are the only ones for me. Barry (although currently defying his age) isn't going to last forever and is 1 big injury away from retirement. Besic is never fit.

So options are slim for me.

I'm with him ^^^

Get him in, let Holgate go out on loan and let Kone, Jags, Williams and Mori fight it out for the two positions (after RK said 433 is his base formation).

we need a sister club. A club that will play and operate to a similar ethos who will give our young talents match time and progress them.

The Barkley loans were a disaster - I think they did more harm than good. I liked what Blackpool did for Coleman under Holloway, a footballing team with spirit.

I don't want Kone who do you leave out we have Connolly and Coleman coming back

We have Holgate so you have to leave Holgate Jags Williams or Mori out to accommodate Kone no thanks.

I'd rather have a striker or midfielder.

Eh the more I think about it I agree with this... At this point I'm happy with our back line we just may need a cb for depth and cover.. Kone is too expensive to bring in to be cover for Jags / WIlliams / Mori.

we need a sister club. A club that will play and operate to a similar ethos who will give our young talents match time and progress them.

The Barkley loans were a disaster - I think they did more harm than good. I liked what Blackpool did for Coleman under Holloway, a footballing team with spirit.

Like Barnsley?

Moyes said he has refused the bid, but not that the board has. He went on to say that the club will have to sell to invest. This is a move to drive the price up.

Insane that they have to do that. Mind you, they have always spunked money away for years so maybe they're trying to steady the boat? Makes me laugh that Sunderland was an example of someone who would overtake us because of all the money they've spent, now on the transfer window of the largest TV deal, they have to sell to buy because they weren't froogle :lol:

14:58

MOYES REJECTS KONE BID

Sunderland boss David Moyes has rejected a transfer bid fromEverton for Lamine Kone and insists the defender is going nowhere.

Kone, who was forced to missSunday's home defeat to Middlesbrough due to a back injury, has turned down an offer of a new contract at the Stadium of Light.

However, Moyes insists he has no intention of selling the defender due to the difficulty of finding a replacement before the transfer window closes on August 31.

"Kone will stay," Moyes said. "The offer's been rejected by me, yes. I've had that offer for a while now and I could have invested the money two weeks ago but doing that is very difficult."

14:58

MOYES REJECTS KONE BID

Sunderland boss David Moyes has rejected a transfer bid fromEverton for Lamine Kone and insists the defender is going nowhere.

Kone, who was forced to missSunday's home defeat to Middlesbrough due to a back injury, has turned down an offer of a new contract at the Stadium of Light.

However, Moyes insists he has no intention of selling the defender due to the difficulty of finding a replacement before the transfer window closes on August 31.

"Kone will stay," Moyes said. "The offer's been rejected by me, yes. I've had that offer for a while now and I could have invested the money two weeks ago but doing that is very difficult."

Oooohhhhh Davie you are so masterful - so its you who says yes or no? - not like you afforded the same level of respect to Martinez when you crassly pursued Baines and Fellaini -

Baines, who has been capped 17 times by England and played 229 games for Everton, was always a strong possible target after Moyes' recruitment by United to the manager's job which he starts officially on Monday. Moyes said after his appointment: “I have given indications to Bill about one or two things but I haven't said anything that would worry him right now.”

Not nice when the big boys come calling is it Davie?

Oooohhhhh Davie you are so masterful - so its you who says yes or no? - not like you afforded the same level of respect to Martinez when you crassly pursued Baines and Fellaini -

Baines, who has been capped 17 times by England and played 229 games for Everton, was always a strong possible target after Moyes' recruitment by United to the manager's job which he starts officially on Monday. Moyes said after his appointment: “I have given indications to Bill about one or two things but I haven't said anything that would worry him right now.”

Not nice when the big boys come calling is it Davie?

lol the hypocrisy is just killing me

Do we need him? with the addition of Williams to replace Stones and the emergence of Holgate.

I think if we were to buy him the logical scenario would be Jags going the other way as part of the deal, surely that would keep Moyes happy?

Williams

Jags

Mori

Holgate

For a back 3 we need an extra CB - Mori and Holgate will be rotational - 1 injury and we are down to a core back 3.

Williams

Jags

Mori

Holgate

For a back 3 we need an extra CB - Mori and Holgate will be rotational - 1 injury and we are down to a core back 3.

point taken, thought when everyone is match fit I have a feeling RK will go for a back 4.

I think Mori could be decent given time and I don't think he would like being a bench warmer.

Better solution woiuld have been to keep Galloway as back up left/centreback and let Oviedo go on loan.

17m seems expensive for what may not be a huge improvement