IGNORED

Oumar Niasse (Outgoing)

He doesn't. And such naivete just reduced whatever fee we hope to get for him. I feel rather bad for Niasse, since he's really had little opportunity to prove himself. He doesn't deserve all this negativity.

He brought a lot of it upon himself for getting arrested for assault, as well as being very poor when he had the chance.

Think he means how should he of answered.

I really don't get people being updet by this, he's not been given a number what else could he say. He wished himluck.

Aaaah

"We're discussing with Oumar about his future and possibilities". Not "he's shit and we're trying to get rid of him"

Aaaah

"We're discussing with Oumar about his future and possibilities". Not "he's shit and we're trying to get rid of him"

He didn't say that though did he, he said he's not the type of player we're after in that position or something similar.

I've forgot what he said now after all that :lol:

I don't have an issue with him answering a question honestly, it does seem a bit cold, but then so was not giving him a squad number. And that wasn't even like he took it off him for someone else, he took it off him and just left it unused. That's a quiet dig at him, at least this shows a bit of context.

Edited by StevO

Were looking Into that right now. We want what's best for the club and the player and will make a decision accordingly.

The decisions made he never got a squad number nor has he been registered so he's clearly being shipped out..

To be fair it was a stupid question to ask as it's blatantly onvious seeing as he's not even registered in thesquad. Anything other than an honest answer leaves Koeman looking like a liar imo.

The decisions made he never got a squad number nor has he been registered so he's clearly being shipped out..

To be fair it was a stupid question to ask as it's blatantly onvious seeing as he's not even registered in thesquad. Anything other than an honest answer leaves Koeman looking like a liar imo.

Does that count for the others that don't have squad numbers too?

I think there ate better ways to do it that don't involve lying.....like my answer.

It does seem a little cold, but I also appreciate the honesty.

I feel bad for Niasse -- it's not his fault that roughly 14MM was spent on him, and I really don't think he's been given a fair shot, BUT it's pretty easy to tell where he is based off of his cameos.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Isaiah...calm down friend.

No one is overeacting, people are just discussing how they feel about it.

If it was me I would be disappointed.

As a professional I would have expected Ronny to he able to handle a question like that better...that's all. Not gonna pop round his house with the boys or anything....yet.

Koeman was not classless and he was not cold, he was merely behaving like a proper manager. In any walk of life, in any successful business, that style works. You want 'nice kind Everton', fine, but then don't complain when we win fuck all for 21 years.

My place of work is successful and i am very lucky...it seems....to have a manager who can promote people, sack people, discipline people, while keeping it on a professional level and not feeling the need to hurt a person just for no real gain at all.

Like I say, I must be very lucky.

Christ almighty, the over-reactions in here are bizarre, you'd think Koeman had said "He hasn't been given a squad number because I don't want that shower of shit anywhere near the stadium, lest the aura of absolute footballing wankness that he exudes infects the players. Fuck him and every single one of his relatives. Next question..."

He was asked a question, he answered it plainly and succinctly, without any bullshit. For Christ's sake Niasse has come from a league where he was making comparatively little money and in half a year he's been made a millionaire several times over by Everton for doing almost nothing. His signing on fee alone will have been more than most of us will make in our entire lifetimes. And yet some of you now are feeling sorry for him because Koeman didn't pussyfoot around with words? You're worried the 'spirit of Everton' is being lost because a manager spoke plainly? You're worried he might have 'upset Niasse's friends in the squad'? Nonsense. What would upset me if I were a hard working player would be the Martinez approach, of molly-coddling people who aren't pulling their weight (while publicly chastising someone like Baines for having the balls to speak his mind).

Koeman was not classless and he was not cold, he was merely behaving like a proper manager. In any walk of life, in any successful business, that style works. You want 'nice kind Everton', fine, but then don't complain when we win fuck all for 21 years.

yep, I am worried. It's not an overreaction, it's a response based on what I've read. If you want heartless bastards that don't give a shit about the feel of the club and want to buy the title, there's a club across the park for that.

But no one seems to mention that he wishes him good luck?!

I don't understand what I've just been reading.

I think it's going to be a case of those who feel unsure about Koeman will look for anything slightly negative to ping him in the forehead with.

Personally, I read the comment and thought 'yeah, that's obvious'. I didn't read anything else into it.

But no one seems to mention that he wishes him good luck?!

I don't understand what I've just been reading.

I think it's going to be a case of those who feel unsure about Koeman will look for anything slightly negative to ping him in the forehead with.

Personally, I read the comment and thought 'yeah, that's obvious'. I didn't read anything else into it.

its preseason newts, you know how it drives people mad around here (me especially), i think we're all so desperate for football its resorted to this.

My place of work is successful and i am very lucky...it seems....to have a manager who can promote people, sack people, discipline people, while keeping it on a professional level and not feeling the need to hurt a person just for no real gain at all.

Does your manager regularly hold press conferences where he's asked questions about his employees?

Does your manager regularly hold press conferences where he's asked questions about his employees?

He's pretty much hounded everyday about employees etc....so yes.

A friend of mine recently inherited a collection of classic cars from his dad. There are the usual models, including some from the heydays of British industry, but also some more unusual foreign makes. My friend's tastes are quite different from his dad's, so he's been selling some cars and using the funds to buy others. There's one vehicle in particular that he doesn't find attractive at all, even though his dad had been impressed. He quietly mentioned that he'd like to get rid of it and was hoping to use the proceeds to move into a bigger house - something his wife's been dreaming of for some time. An ideal house, it seems, had just come on the market and might be snapped up soon. I must confess that Lady Luck was beginning to favour him.

Well, things took a rather unfortunate turn last week. At a dinner party hosted by another motor enthusiast, his wife loudly informed a local journo that her husband could barely stand to look at this particular car and couldn't wait to get rid of it. And, of course, she told him all about the new house and just how perfect things were going to be. This journo passed the news along to a couple of buyer friends of his, who'd been looking for something a little unusual in their price bracket. Usually such models cost a packet, but here was a motivated seller! The next day, one of them showed up on my friend's doorstep and offered him 20 grand in cash. My friend was rather taken aback since everyone in the business knew that his dad had paid 5x that for it "Why would I sell you this wonderful car for a fraction of what it's worth?" The response stole all bargaining chips from him. "Well, your wife made clear to everyone last night that you'll never drive it, can't stand the sight of it, and can't wait to get rid of it. And you need the funds immediately so you don't lose out on that new house, right?"

The last I heard, the wife was still sulking - days after her husband had pointed out how much her loose tongue had cost them. The new house turned out to be nothing more than a passing dream. Shame really, but such is life. The world is full of naive individuals who just can't resist telling others information that comes back to bite them. I suppose it makes them feel important.