IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

17 hours ago, pete0 said:

122355211_238579547598243_36257579556497

Sorry I know we want to back up our player but that still really doesn't show what happened does it.  Pickford was not malicious in his intent but he lunged with both feet up and out towards the player and ball.

Van Dyke  was only heading in the direction of the ball, a ball that did not have another player near it at the time!

Pickford has put himself in the wrong position and in his head had to make that lunge and spread himself, he shouldn't have done it and that's that.  The media need to move on, he needs to move on and learn from that and the other mistakes he's been making recently and if he doesn't then he needs to find a comfy chair on the side lines and see what the Norwegian has to offer.

9 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

Sorry I know we want to back up our player but that still really doesn't show what happened does it.  Pickford was not malicious in his intent but he lunged with both feet up and out towards the player and ball.

Van Dyke  was only heading in the direction of the ball, a ball that did not have another player near it at the time!

Pickford has put himself in the wrong position and in his head had to make that lunge and spread himself, he shouldn't have done it and that's that.  The media need to move on, he needs to move on and learn from that and the other mistakes he's been making recently and if he doesn't then he needs to find a comfy chair on the side lines and see what the Norwegian has to offer.

The issue though is not so much what happened on the pitch, anyone who understands football, understands that non malicious tackles / challenges happen every day and can result in career changing injuries as a result, it's a part of the game, unfortunately. Us Evertonians know, we've had our fair share, Gomes, Colman, Oviedo, Felliani (& this were only in recent times) the list goes on and on. Its the unfair treatment and as I mention the defamatory comments that are STILL being fired at us via the media, via washed up, idiotic ex-footie playing pundits like Merson and Souness.

Personally, I think we are at a juncture we're Everton as a club should come out and say enough is enough here, watch what you are saying in the press because we do have a legal team.

1 hour ago, FairWooney said:

They're equal distance from the ball. Pickford made himself big and I'd rather him do what he did that just let vvd break his leg, because if that was a defender going in with an honest tackle that's what would have happened. Studs showing and leg fully extended, horrible bastard. Thing is if vvd made an honest effort he'd not have ended up with the injury he did either.

3 hours ago, StevO said:

No football club is going to take any legal action about things like this being said in the media. I’d be embarrassed if Everton did. We should do our talking on the pitch and nowhere else. Go and beat Southampton, then Newcastle and then United. Then let them talk about us. 

If any club would take legal action over that kind of thing, we all know which club it would be. 

if i could give you 100 up votes i would.  

7 hours ago, FairWooney said:

I think people are showing that picture more in jest to be honest mate. Other than PeteO 😉

I don’t think there is more than 1% of us that don’t agree it’s a red card offence. 

But Everton fans are reacting to the way Liverpool fans have gone about this. It’s sad really, but our fans can be just as ridiculous as there’s at times 🙁

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I think people are showing that picture more in jest to be honest mate. Other than PeteO 😉

I don’t think there is more than 1% of us that don’t agree it’s a red card offence. 

But Everton fans are reacting to the way Liverpool fans have gone about this. It’s sad really, but our fans can be just as ridiculous as there’s at times 🙁

I agree with a lot of that, apart from the last line. No other, none, not one other, not a single club, ever has their fans be as ridiculous as Liverpool! Ever!! 😂

40 minutes ago, StevO said:

I agree with a lot of that, apart from the last line. No other, none, not one other, not a single club, ever has their fans be as ridiculous as Liverpool! Ever!! 😂

That is true haha, it was more that our worst are equal to the best yet Liverpool fans 😉

2 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

All the bile being spewed because 'plucky little Everton' have the nerve to upset the established order and be on top of the Prem.

makes you smile doesn't it!  everyone was all gung ho for Leicester because they knew they were drop back to obscurity within a decade.  Everton?  yeah, i don't think many will be rooting for us knowing we have belonged the whole while, just needed to get our shit together.  we have the fan base, new stadium coming, the elite are shitting themselves.

On 24/10/2020 at 22:06, Bill said:

What a twat, what was that famous saying .........

"Let he who has never sinned cast the first stone".

What an absolute tosser.

It’s been their whole mentality. Utterly disgusting, even Jordan’s wife has been getting death threats and comments about their child. I’d be so embarrassed if anyone of us acted like that and even more so if the club didn’t come out and condemn the people making those comments.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope the media are happy now. I hope the likes of Klopp and Winnie the Pooh are pleased with themselves as well after they purposely stoked the flames.

Absolutely disgusting. More so that Liverpool haven't made any announcement or tried to distant themselves from these "fans". No ones personal life, family or mental health should be attacked like this.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

They did the opposite of that and have trotted out people to say how terrible Pickford is. Their manager, their nobody sub keeper, their midfielder that doesn't seem to actually do anything in that side. 

The manager, in particular, could have come out and calmed that all down but instead he wanted to play the victim card. Their captain could have come out and said something. Not a peep. The player himself could have come out and said it was unfortunate incident but he knows it wasn't on purpose and these things happen, much like he did for a shitty tackle he put in against Napoli. Did he? Did he like shite.

I didn't think that club could go any further down in my opinion of them but they have. Everything that goes against them I'm going to love.

Very very true.

It's almost as if they want him destroyed.

Even the most blinkered kopite musnt think he tried to do him.   Very convenient to forget how clumsy they loved to call him after the derby and other mistakes......ah but  now he's a martial artist with bollocks made of steel that can crush a 6ft5 beasts ACL. 

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

They did the opposite of that and have trotted out people to say how terrible Pickford is. Their manager, their nobody sub keeper, their midfielder that doesn't seem to actually do anything in that side. 

The manager, in particular, could have come out and calmed that all down but instead he wanted to play the victim card. Their captain could have come out and said something. Not a peep. The player himself could have come out and said it was unfortunate incident but he knows it wasn't on purpose and these things happen, much like he did for a shitty tackle he put in against Napoli. Did he? Did he like shite.

I didn't think that club could go any further down in my opinion of them but they have. Everything that goes against them I'm going to love.

Must admit I never like to see a player injured but when Fabhino went down I thought a bit about this.

They'd have been made up if our players got injured at the start of the match when he was acting the hard man. Pickford didn't injure him, karma did. As for that club they did the same last time when Mina caught one of them. As always ashamed of anything, offended by everything.