IGNORED

January 2017

Romey 1878

I thought that but thought maybe it was an in joke ai was missing.

Either that or Matts on the morpheme again.

im quite serious! At least, it popped into my head for some reason. But he's not featured heavily for Chelsea I don't think, dunno why it popped in but hey!

IN: Lookman, Schneiderlin

OUT: Oviedo, Gibson

LOAN IN:

LOAN OUT: Brewster, Grant, Cleverley, Niasse, Connolly, Jones, Evans, Deulofeu, Griffiths, Browning

KIDS: Holland (out) Donkor (Loan In)

EXTENSIONS (since August): Kenny, Baines, Barry, Holgate, Browning

bloody hell, that's a loooooot of movement!

We really need to bring a couple in.

Unless Koeman see's more prospects in the youth? We only have the League to go at.

Maybe save some £££ for the summer window?

OR Jim White is telling the truth and we are looking at a couple more...just needed to clear some salary first.

Who ever knows with us?! Just got to trust Koeman and Co's judgement.

We really need to bring a couple in.

He seems to think the kids can fill in. Between Niase, Cleverley, Gibson and Oviedo there's not many minutes between them although I too would feel more comfortable with a couple in but if it means going a bit short now frees up wages so in the summer we can move for targets then I'm happy with the gamble.

The players we've moved on in January may not be so easy to move in the summer.

Unless Koeman see's more prospects in the youth? We only have the League to go at.

Maybe save some £££ for the summer window?

OR Jim White is telling the truth and we are looking at a couple more...just needed to clear some salary first.

Who ever knows with us?! Just got to trust Koeman and Co's judgement.

He seems to think the kids can fill in. Between Niase, Cleverley, Gibson and Oviedo there's not many minutes between them although I too would feel more comfortable with a couple in but if it means going a bit short now frees up wages so in the summer we can move for targets then I'm happy with the gamble.

The players we've moved on in January may not be so easy to move in the summer.

I'm all for giving the kids minutes but if we get a long-term injury to someone I'm not sure I'd want to rely only on them until the end of the season. We need to at least finish best of the rest if we want to be able to attract players in the summer.

He's shifted out the dead wood pretty well. However, more bodies never hurts. I think we're short in defence, on the wings and upfront

I'm not looking to go over old ground or pick a fight but this was exactly my point with Bolasie.

Not meant as a dig either just a good opportunity to explain my stance.

I'm all for giving the kids minutes but if we get a long-term injury to someone I'm not sure I'd want to rely only on them until the end of the season. We need to at least finish best of the rest if we want to be able to attract players in the summer.

Yep. Agree with that.

We just got to either hope that they have something up their sleeves OR that Koeman has seen things he likes in the youth.

For me, considering the run we are on and considering the next run of fixtures should, ideally, see us pick up a good amount of points, I'd prefer a cheeky mix of the 2. Say 2 key first team signings and then to see more youth when need be.

Put it another way, with what we have got rid of, I won't be pissed off if we don't sign anyone else. I see getting rid of baggage as another step forward.

You're right obviously but as I say, clubs are more desperate for players this window we may of looked at it and thought if we don't get rid now whilst we have the chance we may not another one. Weighed the pros and cons up and thought lets get them off the wage bill now so if an opportunity does arise to get a good player in there's room to manoeuvre.

That's my take on it anyway.

I think he's been quite clever with regards to the youth, now that I think about it. They'll know that 6 senior players have gone (If Kone goes) and they've got a real chance to impress; not quite a now or never but rarely is there going to be a better opportunity for them again, as we'll expect big movement in the summer.

I'm not looking to go over old ground or pick a fight but this was exactly my point with Bolasie.

Not meant as a dig either just a good opportunity to explain my stance.

Bolasie was always going to split opinions. That's the nature is his style.

Bit, without a doubt, he'll be missed.

Yep. Agree with that.

We just got to either hope that they have something up their sleeves OR that Koeman has seen things he likes in the youth.

For me, considering the run we are on and considering the next run of fixtures should, ideally, see us pick up a good amount of points, I'd prefer a cheeky mix of the 2. Say 2 key first team signings and then to see more youth when need be.

Put it another way, with what we have got rid of, I won't be pissed off if we don't sign anyone else. I see getting rid of baggage as another step forward.

You're right obviously but as I say, clubs are more desperate for players this window we may of looked at it and thought if we don't get rid now whilst we have the chance we may not another one. Weighed the pros and cons up and thought lets get them off the wage bill now so if an opportunity does arise to get a good player in there's room to manoeuvre.

That's my take on it anyway.

Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely ecstatic with the shite we've shifted (Geri aside) and I'm not for one minute saying we shouldn't have shipped them out, just that I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we brought in a couple before the window closes. Like you, Newty, ideally we'd do a mix of the two - because our kids do look very promising.

look at our depth now

robles stek

baines garbutt

coleman ??

Williams mori Holgate jags

barry McCarthy gana schneiderlin davies besic

barkley

lennon mirallas lookman

lukaku Valencia

I guess lennon could cover at RB, is conolloy on loan? other than that we are ok, and I mean just ok. we have 1 player of depth in most positions to cover for an injury (no more cups just league so no extra matches). it's a gamble honestly. a winger/attacking mid/striker would make me feel a lot better.

Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely ecstatic with the shite we've shifted (Geri aside) and I'm not for one minute saying we shouldn't have shipped them out, just that I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we brought in a couple before the window closes. Like you, Newty, ideally we'd do a mix of the two - because our kids do look very promising.

Crikey. We're all on the same wavelength.

What is this madness?!