IGNORED

January 2017

Romey 1878

I would love to see how much the wage bill has decreased?!

According to http://sportsmaza.com/football/everton-players-salaries-wages/(not sure how credible it is) I make out around 210k per week.

If Macca and Kone go that will boost it up to 300k. And thats also providing that we're not contributing to any wages of loanees.

Ovedio - 24k
Cleverly - 50k
Gibbo - 35k
Niasse - 55k
Deulofeu - 48k
--------------
212k p/w
--------------
Kone - 40k
Macca - 50k
---------------
90k p/w
---------------

look at our depth now

robles stek

baines garbutt

coleman ??

Williams mori Holgate jags

barry McCarthy gana schneiderlin davies besic

barkley

lennon mirallas lookman

lukaku Valencia

I guess lennon could cover at RB, is conolloy on loan? other than that we are ok, and I mean just ok. we have 1 player of depth in most positions to cover for an injury (no more cups just league so no extra matches). it's a gamble honestly. a winger/attacking mid/striker would make me feel a lot better.

Holgate can cover RB and if Barkley is out Koeman might go with 4-3-3 with something like Gana, Schneiderlin and Davies with Lookman and Mirallas on the flanks. But yeah, looks threadbare, especially wide players.

look at our depth now

robles stek

baines garbutt

coleman ??

Williams mori Holgate jags

barry McCarthy gana schneiderlin davies besic

barkley

lennon mirallas lookman

lukaku Valencia

I guess lennon could cover at RB, is conolloy on loan? other than that we are ok, and I mean just ok. we have 1 player of depth in most positions to cover for an injury (no more cups just league so no extra matches). it's a gamble honestly. a winger/attacking mid/striker would make me feel a lot better.

I wouldn't want to rely on any of Valencia, Lennon, Lookman (at this stage) or DCL for any length of time. If Lukaku and Barkley get injured we have no goals and no-one other than Mirallas to get us upfield.

What are the odds of another dodgy loan at the last minute?

Had gotten well pissed off with Gibson, fucked me off that he was what we needed and was too dedicated to the artois. Oviedo on the other hand stepped up for us earlier this season and held his own (making a few braying baboons eat their own internet faeces) and good on him for it, so a bit gutted there, not a trouble maker, did his bit when called upon, best of to both but more so Brian.

Just for Bradley Lowery I hope Sunderland stay up, that I hold such esteem for Moyes I hope they stay up, that they've fucked west ham off over Defoe I hope they stay up, and I really need Sunderland to make mince of saint rafa of 'tha toon mun' next season just to wind the wall pushers up for extra glee points too.

If Koeman opts for 343 most matches, I'll guess that Jagielka is effectively the backup for all 3 CBs. He played to the left of Stones most of the time, I think, so he's comfortable enough on either side of the pitch.

As for backups to Baines, I'll guess it's Garbutt and maybe Lennon, the latter of whom has played LW and is a willing runner and helper in defending. Schneiderlin? Maybe.

Backup to Coleman might again include Lennon, plus Holgate and McCarthy.

If Koeman opts for 343 most matches, I'll guess that Jagielka is effectively the backup for all 3 CBs. He played to the left of Stones most of the time, I think, so he's comfortable enough on either side of the pitch.

As for backups to Baines, I'll guess it's Garbutt and maybe Lennon, the latter of whom has played LW and is a willing runner and helper in defending. Schneiderlin? Maybe.

Backup to Coleman might again include Lennon, plus Holgate and McCarthy.

Garbutt looked more than capable under Martinez not sure why he hasn't featured more. Mori can also move over in an emergency. Gareth Barry as well. Not brilliant replacements but ok.

I agree the right is covered by Lennon.

Now seems a pretty ideal chance for a Kieran Dowell call-up; he's pretty much the only like-for-like ACM to back up Barkley. It scares me as well that Koeman thinks Valencia is enough backup for Lukaku, but maybe he really is that high on Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Lookman.

The best thing for Dowell would be to go out on loan.

Even the most doom and gloom Blues supporter has to revel in this window. The fees we got for this clear out are remarkable. January never been a good time to buy. Wage bill and transfer kitty looking locked and loaded for this summer.

For those worried about squad depth...tough luck? RK has said numerous times he feels he doesn't need quantity its about quality.

The Summer of 2017 should be a transformational time in the history of the club. Docks stadium and marquee signings.

COYB

Even the most doom and gloom Blues supporter has to revel in this window. The fees we got for this clear out are remarkable. January never been a good time to buy. Wage bill and transfer kitty looking locked and loaded for this summer.

For those worried about squad depth...tough luck? RK has said numerous times he feels he doesn't need quantity its about quality.

The Summer of 2017 should be a transformational time in the history of the club. Docks stadium and marquee signings.

COYB

The youth team is our depth for the rest of the season it seems, they have certainly proven good enough so far to be given this opportunity. would have liked another striker this window but the prices and availability makes it extremely hard.

The youth team is our depth for the rest of the season it seems, they have certainly proven good enough so far to be given this opportunity. would have liked another striker this window but the prices and availability makes it extremely hard.

Agree, I think a lot of our depth comes flexibility from formation shifting back 3/back 4 juggling a deep midfield layout etc - the rest, assuming we don't add anyone will come out of the U-23's

If Lukaku, Baines and Coleman get injured I wouldn't call it tough luck. It would be terrible planning by the club.

I will revel in this window if we bring in at least one more decent signing. If we don't then I will be worried we are weaker than when the window started.

I am quietly sure that our silence up to this point is a good thing and we are working on deals.

If Lukaku, Baines and Coleman get injured I wouldn't call it tough luck. It would be terrible planning by the club.

I will revel in this window if we bring in at least one more decent signing. If we don't then I will be worried we are weaker than when the window started.

I am quietly sure that our silence up to this point is a good thing and we are working on deals.

Agreed, especially the last bit. Pretty sure Koeman would've had a stern chat with the press to show his displeasure if that wasn't the case.

I get that the loss of "first team players" does make us weaker but those players that have departed, maybe aside Oviedo (who I didn't rate much) and Geri (again not highly rated by myself), what did they bring? Gibson 1 appearance, Cleverley was clearly not good enough, Niasse didn't get a locker, never mind a start.

Lookman can be counted as Geri's replacement, but I would say we are stronger now than at the beginning, we got rid of the money wasters who brought nothing and brought in Schniedz who is class and Lookman who looks like is going to be a player.

I get that the loss of "first team players" does make us weaker but those players that have departed, maybe aside Oviedo (who I didn't rate much) and Geri (again not highly rated by myself), what did they bring? Gibson 1 appearance, Cleverley was clearly not good enough, Niasse didn't get a locker, never mind a start.

Lookman can be counted as Geri's replacement, but I would say we are stronger now than at the beginning, we got rid of the money wasters who brought nothing and brought in Schniedz who is class and Lookman who looks like is going to be a player.

completely agree. also we are adjusting the wage structure (Gibson gone shneiderlin in) which is slowly raising the average wages so we can start signing marquee players regularly (per Financial Fair Play). There's a method to the madness, MOshiri Walsh and Koeman I'm very impressed with so far.

Good mates with Moshiri though isn't he, so there could be some sort of sense to him announcing stuff, maybe moshiri has given him the exclusive or something? (im clutching straws that we actually sign someone decent)

ive not seen us mentioned once in the 2 hours I watched SSN, so I assume the Yellow Tie is going to be giving exclusives (especially what he said the other day about Evertonians should be excited)