IGNORED

Arsenal (Home) Tuesday December 13

markjazzbassist

Shoot. Had to attend a business dinner, so I missed the last 15 minutes. I see that the youngster came on up front. How did he do?

Won two headers from corners, defended two headers at our end. Made a good run and challenge for the corner which left Williams a free header for the winner.

Also was a nuisance for their defence.

Pretty impressive for so little time.

Guest rusty747

It certainly was a great result and a great performance. But it only remains a great result and a great performance if we can carry that intensity into matches against lesser opposition - starting next Monday night. Lets see the Old Lady really rockin lads.

Ian Wright made a tongue in cheek comment about how Everton had 12 players on the pitch and once "they came on" it was always going to be unfair for Arsenal.

The thing that caught my eye the most was at the end. It was backs to the wall stuff but they survived. So much different to last season. We even had a chance to kill the game and make it 3 at the death.

But at the final whistle we saw Baines and Coleman just overcome with emotion. It showed us that some of these players do care about the club, that recent performances have been eating them up. Now they have to extend this moment for as long as possible because when Everton play like that they are irresistible. No team in the land could cope with that level of intensity.

To be fair, 9 times out of 10 we would have conceded. 2 chances in the 18 yard box with the keeper nowhere. We got lucky whereas last year Baines clearance would have probably hit Funes Mori on the arse and back into the net! Not that I am complaining mind you!

EvertonTV commentary at the start of the game...

"These sides have met in the last seventy-three seasons now incredibly in the top flight of English football, this is Everton's sixty-second consecutive top flight campaign and Arsenal's ninety-first."

How does that make sense :huh:?

EvertonTV commentary at the start of the game...

"These sides have met in the last seventy-three seasons now incredibly in the top flight of English football, this is Everton's sixty-second consecutive top flight campaign and Arsenal's ninety-first."

How does that make sense :huh:?

I'm guessing "in the last" shouldn't be there. In other words, they've met 73 times in the top flight - including in 62 consecutive seasons and 11 more before that. This is the only way I can make sense of it.

I'm guessing "in the last" shouldn't be there. In other words, they've met 73 times in the top flight - including in 62 consecutive seasons and 11 more before that. This is the only way I can make sense of it.

That doesn't add up either, we've only been out of the top flight four times in the history of the league so if this is Arsenal's 91st season we've played against them in 87 seasons.