IGNORED

Bournemouth (Home) Saturday February 4th

markjazzbassist

I think Lookman is the way forward in that position, he had just tired. He could form a deadly partnership with Lukaku.

Barkley-Lookman-Lukaku and Davies all seem to enjoy playing with each other.

Agreed. The chemistry is definitely improving, with Lookman-Rom and Barkley-Davies looking very good together. Schneiderlin looks comfortable in the middle, advanced, lying deep - just anywhere on the pitch he plays. We may have only really brought 2 in, but we sure seem to be getting our money's worth from them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jags in for Mori next game. Hopefully Gana can fit in the midfield without any chemistry disruption, he was a dynamo first half of the year.

Hope all is well with your father Pad

Edited by Ghoat

We can't keep blaming him every time we get beat though mate.

Dads had a stroke unfortunately mate. Family comes before Everton. Up and down the hospital and trying to juggle 2 kids and a job, we're supposed to be flying to Rome for 4 days Tuesday as well so looks like that's out the window as well.

On an Everton point, what a fucking game to miss eh :lol:

So sorry about your dad, hope he recovers soon but I know how you feel. My mum was admitted to hospital just at the start of the Leicester match on 7th Jan and sadly (mercifully actually) died half an hour into the Palace match on the 21st; wife and I should've been in Marrakesh for three nights for her 50th and been home yesterday but that likewise that went out of the window. Mum's last Christmas present to me and Josh were tickets for the Southampton game and she became an Evertonian at 82 while Josh spent her last few months with her, he'd not have stayed with her otherwise :).

Bringing the thread down again on the face of it, sorry. In actual fact it was a good thing.

Dads had a stroke unfortunately mate. Family comes before Everton. Up and down the hospital and trying to juggle 2 kids and a job, we're supposed to be flying to Rome for 4 days Tuesday as well so looks like that's out the window as well.

Hope all turns out OK Mr Paddock.

Much love!

Thanks guys, really appreciate the words.

Back to today though, just watched it and our defence was a bit shocking wasn't it. ?

Yeah the in post match interview koeman said second half was bad defense especially. But maybe it was good it happened in a game like this so he can use it to teach them and learn but we still got the 3 points. (I take it he means better than defense being bad and losing and have to holler at them).

So I wouldn't worry, he's gonna let them have it and I think that will be on top of the reinforcements list for the summer.

Yeah the in post match interview koeman said second half was bad defense especially. But maybe it was good it happened in a game like this so he can use it to teach them and learn but we still got the 3 points. (I take it he means better than defense being bad and losing and have to holler at them).

So I wouldn't worry, he's gonna let them have it and I think that will be on top of the reinforcements list for the summer.

I would have to think that Williams was/is a stop-gap. Given the age of he, Jags and Baines, I agree and think a couple of CB's will be a summer focus. We have some youth to build around a bring up, but I'd think we need a couple of really solid defenders, especially CB's, that are mid-late20's.

Can't help but be excited over where we are seeing production on the pitch this Feb from last Feb - Lookman, Davis, Holgate, an energized Barkley, Schniderlin, Calvert-Lewin. We certainly seemed to have hired the right man this summer, who has brought quality people into the fold.

Hope your dad is OK mate. Nothing matters more than family.

Thoughts are with your pop, Pad.

This game was a microcosm about what EFC is all about - going ahead and almost premature celebrating, conceding goals late almost to the point of causing panic attacks in the fans, superb scoring abilities, amazing perseverance, and offering what can be the most exciting and interesting games in the entire PL......COYB!!

Hope your Dad recovers Pad, best wishes.

Decent game for me to win tickets for that wasn't it! As much as it was a great game, that 20 minute spell where Bournemouth dominated was depressing, if it wasn't for Joel's save from that Arter shot then I think we would have got beat, however if my Auntie had balls she would be my uncle, we won and we won well! UP THE TOFFEES