IGNORED

Bertrand Traore

8 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Left footed winger who can play off either wing or through the middle. Surely it’d be a good thing that Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin and Traore could all be versatile and interchange...

He doesn't really play right wing so most likely be a striker or inverted right winger for us assuming we'd not gambling changing his game to play him on the left. 

He's no better than what we've got and the money would be better spent on another position. 

16 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He's no better than what we've got and the money would be better spent on another position. 

Let’s not worry about stuff like this and leave it to the people who make these decisions - we can have a good moan and a ‘I told you so’ if they’re wrong or pretend we called it all along if they’re right.

10 hours ago, c1982 said:

Left footed winger who can play off either wing or through the middle. Surely it’d be a good thing that Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin and Traore could all be versatile and interchange...

Move Bernard into the middle maybe? I really don’t want to break up his partnership with Digne though. 

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

Move Bernard into the middle maybe? I really don’t want to break up his partnership with Digne though. 

More likely have Traore on the right as I’ve read somewhere that we want a left footed player who can cut in so that may mean Richarlison playing more centrally. I agree, Bernard and Digne is something that should be built on.

11 hours ago, London Blue said:

A very good signing if true, it means we have a genuine left footed player who can provide competition and cover for Bernard, and switch to playing on the right or up top. He also has experience of playing in the premier league, which is a bonus.

Already have back up and competition,  Richarlison is a left winger but Bernard should be left where he is.

23 minutes ago, Bill said:

Already have back up and competition,  Richarlison is a left winger but Bernard should be left where he is.

We have competition in the wing positions but Bernard, Richarlison, Walcott, Lookman and Onyekuru are all right footed - Vlasic, Mirallas and Bolasie are too (I think). We need to get rid of whoever is surplus and bring in at least one left footed option - it’ll make us much better in my opinion. Overlapping full backs and wingers who can cut inside and shoot (on both flanks) will make us very dangerous.

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Ok, but he’s predominantly a winger. Anyway, C summed it up well 

He was a striker at his last club. Total stats show he's predominantly a right winger now but Lyon use him now and again up top. (RW:51, ST:18, LW:0)

Career total is; RW: 102, ST: 68, LW: 7. So I'm hoping he's not brought in to be used on the left wing. 

33 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He was a striker at his last club. Total stats show he's predominantly a right winger now but Lyon use him now and again up top. (RW:51, ST:18, LW:0)

Career total is; RW: 102, ST: 68, LW: 7. So I'm hoping he's not brought in to be used on the left wing. 

Just means he’s versatile. I’d still rather DCL start, as you said, but I think he’ll be a winger if he signs for us

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Lyon are prepared to sell former Chelsea winger Bertrand Traore this summer and he has been watched by a long list of Premier League clubs including Newcastle United, Leicester City, Everton and Crystal Palace.

Lyon paid Chelsea £9m for Traore three years ago after he had impressed during loan spells at Vitesse Arnhem and Ajax.

- Kaveh Solhekol, Sky Sports

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

We’ve picked up some brilliant players that haven’t made it at the right time for richer clubs. I’ll never understand this mentality. Salah was dumped by Chelsea, what if this lad becomes our Salah?

As was Kevin De Bruyne. 

Pienaar, not good enough for Dortmund, or then good enough for Spurs.

Arteta wasn’t good enough even for Sociedad. 

Right now I’d happily take some of Chelsea’s not good enough players. 

• 1 month later...