IGNORED

Manchester United (Away) Tuesday April 4th

markjazzbassist

Strange one. I had shite stream after shite stream so managed to get 20 minutes max.

In those clips Rom looked like he was working hard.... he's getting absolutely ripped to shreds on Twitter.

at the end of the match he didn't track back and defend. baines was screaming at him and they zoomed in on him he just stayed at the half way line. also on some counters he kinda loafed. he was gassed.

It was definitely a pen, but the number of free kicks given against us vs them for the same type of grappling was pretty absurd. We should have had a lot more possession but the reft kept gifting Man U the ball.

Small margins like this from the ref is what kept them winning the league. In a low scoring game refs make a massive difference. No consistency in what's a foul, basically giving them possession and not letting our players have a breather.

Put the late penalty to one side, the lads did well. They put in maximum effort and give it their all.

I'm feeling a bit of frustration towards Koeman though. We set up too deep too soon. We were fine in the first half. Second half we just went too defensive. I just think we got too negative far too early.

Overall, it's a good result. But we could have had more! Mixed feelings at the moment.

Strange one. I had shite stream after shite stream so managed to get 20 minutes max.

In those clips Rom looked like he was working hard.... he's getting absolutely ripped to shreds on Twitter.

at the end of the match he didn't track back and defend. baines was screaming at him and they zoomed in on him he just stayed at the half way line. also on some counters he kinda loafed. he was gassed.

Williams was ripping into him, as well. The whole side kind of was, and he played selfishly on every counter attack the entire day. His hold-up play was OK, but otherwise it was one of the least creative and less hard-working performances I've seen by him.

Guest rusty747

When we have all cooled down a bit I think we will realise that the result was about right. The timing of their pen was gut wrenching but it was a pen and Williams had to go. Man U hit the bar twice and Robles had to make a few decent saves whereas Rom was selfish up front for us and on at least two occasions he took on a shot when he should have played in Mirallas in the first half and Ross in the second. Rom has talent but he is selfish in the wrong way and has an abysmal work ethic.

We were already down to the bare bones and now we are without Williams for three winnable matches. Wth Morgan back and Matty Pennington coming along we should be ok but a back four of Holgate, Jags, Pennington and Baines is not ideal for 3 matches.

We can still get 72 points but realstically I think we will do well to win 5 and draw 2 of our remaining 7 games which would leave us on 68 points - maybe enogh for 6th but we need Man U or Arsenal to keep slipping up.

I thought Jags was excellent tonight. Not just for the goal but for his all round game.

Edited by rusty747

When we have all cooled down a bit I think we will realise that the result was about right. The timing of their pen was gut wrenching but it was a pen and Williams had to go. Man U hit the bar twice and Robles had to make a few decent saves whereas Rom was selfish up front for us and on at least two occasions he took on a shot when he should have played in Mirallas in the first half and Ross in the second. Rom has talent but he is selfish in the wrong way and has an abysmal work ethic.

We were already down to the bare bones and now we are without Williams for three winnable matches. Wth Mrgan back and Matty Pennington coming along we should be ok but a back four of Holgate, Jags, Pennington and Baines is not ideal for 3 matches.

We can still get 72 points but realstically I think we will do well to win 5 and draw 2 of r remaining 7 games which would leave us on 68 points - maybe enogh for 6th bt we need Man U or Arsenal to keep slipping up.

I thought Jags was excellent tonight. Not just for the goal but for his all round game.

Voice of reason. But we're gutted, couldn't hang on for a valuable victory

Very interesting...

Apparently lukaku shusshed Williams after he rightly had a go at him for not holding the ball up/giving an option.

Ian wright and Rio saying it's not right.

Lukaku then apparently referred to him as a son of a bitch in French to pogba.

Not good at all.

Very interesting...

Apparently lukaku shusshed Williams after he rightly had a go at him for not holding the ball up/giving an option.

Not good at all.

Furious at Rom right now. His last 15 cost us the game.

Very interesting...

Not good at all.

They said it wasn't right that Williams said something to Lukaku? He was right, he sees it better than anyone in that position.

Problem is, when Rom did make a run Williams lumped a floaty ball nowhere near him. If I was Rom I would be fuming with Williams. He was clearly gassed, same with Barkley because they had been sprinting up the pitch on the counter and then Williams who only had to sit deep and jog within 2p yards is pissing him around and giving him shit.

Rom should have helped the team out more but Williams could have also done a shit load more.

We missed having Morgan or McCarthy in midfield who could have replaced a tiring Barry and added energy. We also needed a better replacement for Barkley. DCL will be a great player, but right now he lacks experience and this lead to us dropping deeper and deeper. We will benefit from the experience of the young players next season.

End of the day we put in a much, much better performance than the weekend, we got some confidence back and showed allot of game craft for 93 minutes. Whatever Lukaku did or did not say its the heat of the moment, I expect it to be sorted in the dressing room.

One point closer to Europe, one game closer to a transfer window where we can show some ambition, one week closer to a new stadium.

Problem is, when Rom did make a run Williams lumped a floaty ball nowhere near him. If I was Rom I would be fuming with Williams. He was clearly gassed, same with Barkley because they had been sprinting up the pitch on the counter and then Williams who only had to sit deep and jog within 2p yards is pissing him around and giving him shit.

Rom should have helped the team out more but Williams could have also done a shit load more.

Up till the penno savage had Williams as man of the match.

The reality is - he plays for himself - always has done. The sooner we are shit of him the better. If Baines is letting top at you - then something is wrong.

I think the teammates have just about had enough of him.

Guest rusty747

If Rom effectively downed tools for the last 15 minutes then Ronald needs to read him the riot act.

I don't care what the effect of him not playing for us is. If he downed tools he should be removed from the squad completely and sold.

He let us down at the end. Just when we needed someone to work hard and put pressure on them , he slowed down and their centre backs have free reign.

He did work hard so it may be a fitness thing.

It wasn't. His head was ahead of the play, so he was offside. Tight decision but the linesman got it spot on.

I think he was on Mark, it's your feet isn't it, regardless it was ruled out anyway. I'm bitterly disappointed to concede like that but if I'm honest I expected us to get beat easily so I'm taking some solace in the fact we arguably should have won.

I think he was on Mark, it's your feet isn't it, regardless it was ruled out anyway. I'm bitterly disappointed to concede like that but if I'm honest I expected us to get beat easily so I'm taking some solace in the fact we arguably should have won.

No it's not your feet, Pad, it's any part of your body that can score a goal.