IGNORED

Hajduk Split (Europa League Leg 2) [Away] Thursday August 24th

markjazzbassist

We've set out to just try and control the game at a steady tempo. Worked for 40 or so minutes!

Not pretty to watch but I can understand why, with the games piling up and the traveling, that we haven't gone all out pace pace pace.

However....!!!...its football. Anything can happen. You'll probably only concede one goal like that in a season, but it can be the one that matters.

We need to up the tempo a bit. Control the game still but with more 'oomph' and purpose.

Okay let's sort it out.

Koeman has got it all wrong. If he wants to guard the lead put out a team capable of guarding the lead, not one of our most attacking team sheets.

Martina shouldn't have started over Holgate, Sigurdsson isn't ready yet as he hasn't played enough football, for most of that half I forgot he was on the field, DCL had a stormer of a game last run out up top centrally, now he's been moved out to the wing and I have no idea why.

Lookman needs a stern talking to after that half, Morgan has been classy but when we've got space going forward he turns and plays the simple pass instead of playing a simple forward pass to someone in space, this then results in us passing around the back 4 for 5 minutes then hoofing it up to Lookman of all people, the shortest man on the pitch whilst DCL is left scratching his bollocks on the other side.

Nowhere near good enough, do we want to compete with the top 5 or 6? Let's fucking look like it then.

Edited by AidanLewis

I was very comfortable until the goal; some people seem to think having spent a few quid we're suddenly going to be Brazil 1970.

Work in progress, keep it in proportion.

We were comfortable without really stepping into second gear. I dont think there is anything to panick about, that was a worldly!

Half time team talk and a bit more pressure and we'll nick a goal.

Any moment Lookman could make a great move, but not a good half for him. Give him 10 more minutes, but if he doesn't perk up, I'd like to see Lennon, who would help Martina on defense.

Then Mirallas on for either Sigurdsson or DCL by 60 minutes. If we (surprise me and) get a goal, bring on 2 defensive types.

Hope Koeman lights into them at halftime.