IGNORED

David Unsworth

I think he peaked as our U23 coach a fair few seasons ago and a do feel something fresh is needed. 

It does seem a strange time of the season to announce with no post for him to be moving automatically into. I am guessing it has been discussed with him that U23 would be perhaps looking to go in a new direction next season and his services would not be required. So maybe he has made the decision to leave under his own terms and perhaps not have a 'sacked U23 coach on his cv'.

Sometime a new broom does need to sweep clean and an approach similar to what has been at Chelsea this past 10years may not be a bad model to follow. 

A new challenge would also do Rhino a world of good, and wish him all the best. Senior management has to be his next step. 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

look like Thelwell is getting down to brass tacks.....

I mean what will we do without Unsworth winning the under 23 league with players like Beningame who should have been moved on ages ago when there are 17/18 year old genuine prospects who should be playing instead of him.

Be interesting to understand how Josh Bowler was allowed to move on and he is now ripping it up at Blackpool.  

He never really done it for the 23s also had a few injuries

21 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

We like to go with "our own" but we are now in 21st century cut throat football. Our club is in need of a reset which I reluctantly accept after 50 years supporting the Blues.

I mean….. let’s be honest.  Alan Ball is one of the greatest Evertonians, we never have him a job and it never impacted his love for us. 

15 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Read the athletic piece.   The rumours were he was a bit of a bully. The athletic doesn’t go that far but they say he was a big intense.  

for me the under 23s should be elite level 18-21 year olds. 

Which is what Brands wanted them to be, and had finally started to move them towards that at the beginning of this season, while Unsworth had been more interested in winning the U23 league so was quite happy to still be using the likes of Niasse when he was still around and other older players who had no future at the club.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Which is what Brands wanted them to be, and had finally started to move them towards that at the beginning of this season, while Unsworth had been more interested in winning the U23 league so was quite happy to still be using the likes of Niasse when he was still around and other older players who had no future at the club.

Couldn’t believe that. Pathetic. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
38 minutes ago, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66836860

There's a trend I'm noticing...

I actually thought Unsworth would make it in management, but it turns out he's yet another ex-player we let hang around the place for far too long just because he used to play for us.

Bullshit Bill is probably planning his homecoming as we speak.