IGNORED

David Unsworth

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

“I thought our shape was better,” added Unsworth. “We worked tirelessly on our shape off the ball and that is what you have to do when you are conceding goals."

Did anyone notice the improvement in our shape off the ball? I think it was the match thread that I said for the first time in ages we are defending in straight lines of 4 when off the ball. Brilliant to see...shame it took so long for Unsworth to drill this into them.

20 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

“I thought our shape was better,” added Unsworth. “We worked tirelessly on our shape off the ball and that is what you have to do when you are conceding goals."

Did anyone notice the improvement in our shape off the ball? I think it was the match thread that I said for the first time in ages we are defending in straight lines of 4 when off the ball. Brilliant to see...shame it took so long for Unsworth to drill this into them.

most managers get a year or 2, he had like 5 matches and people were already off him.  never should have hired big sam, like most of us said Unsy would have had us mid table and saved 6m and the wreckage of the Big Sam aftermath.

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

most managers get a year or 2, he had like 5 matches and people were already off him.  never should have hired big sam, like most of us said Unsy would have had us mid table and saved 6m and the wreckage of the Big Sam aftermath.

Unfortunately we will never know. And that's a killer.

He's not really had solid consecutive time with the lads on the training pitch as we've had a good amount of midweek games and an international break while he's been in charge.

I can't help but feel that he was getting there. But also can't blame the club for wanting to minimise risk.

His time will come.

Everyone needs to stop feeling sorry for him. He had 8 games he did on the whole extremely poorly. I think 8 games is a lot more than what other caretaker managers usually get. He was given a little go of it. Did De Boer even get that long?

The result towards the end were absolutely awful some of the worst defeats in recent times. He had to step down.

11 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Everyone needs to stop feeling sorry for him. He had 8 games he did on the whole extremely poorly. I think 8 games is a lot more than what other caretaker managers usually get. He was given a little go of it. Did De Boer even get that long?

The result towards the end were absolutely awful some of the worst defeats in recent times. He had to step down.

I'm glad you're in the minority of fans with your mingebag attitude. Even after last night you can't bring yourself to be even slightly gracious and wish him well. You compare him to De Boer? Unsworth hasn't lost a home game in the league, he got more points in the same number of league games than Koeman. You're just showing a lack of class now. 

4 minutes ago, nogs said:

I'm glad you're in the minority of fans with your mingebag attitude. Even after last night you can't bring yourself to be even slightly gracious and wish him well. You compare him to De Boer? Unsworth hasn't lost a home game in the league, he got more points in the same number of league games than Koeman. You're just showing a lack of class now. 

No I'm saying it as it is. The guy didn't get the best out of his players until last night and some could say that because a new manager was imminent. You'd expect an uplift in performances when a new manager comes in. That didn't happen therefore he had to go. 

Are you David? 

I felt fortunate to be at Goodison last night, OK West Ham were poor, but we made them look that way, apart from the first 15 mi s or so in the second half.

I can't see Sam (we're going to have to get used to saying that) ever getting the same level of support and affection Unsy got at the end of the game, it was so clear to see the feeling he has for the club and us the fans. Top bloke hope he continues to develop himself and the U23 and goes on to be first team manager for us full time.

So after last nights brilliant result, and F Sams confirmation as manager, I'd like to see Rhino be given a more prominent role with a view to being developed to be read y to take over at the end of Sams contract.

The passion and  and feeling he has for the club was 100 % evident at the end of the game last night, and dare I say thsame from the fans in the ground.

if Sams that good surely we should make it part of his remit to work with Rhino and help develop him ready to be our next manager, who takes over the helm in better circumstances than he did 5 weeks ago, a lesssr man would have crumbled IMHO.

I'm ready to be shot down in flames 🔥 but don't think I will apart from a couple of people out there.

1 hour ago, MC11 said:

No I'm saying it as it is. The guy didn't get the best out of his players until last night and some could say that because a new manager was imminent. You'd expect an uplift in performances when a new manager comes in. That didn't happen therefore he had to go. 

Are you David? 

Are you Joey? 

10 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

So after last nights brilliant result, and F Sams confirmation as manager, I'd like to see Rhino be given a more prominent role with a view to being developed to be read y to take over at the end of Sams contract.

The passion and  and feeling he has for the club was 100 % evident at the end of the game last night, and dare I say thsame from the fans in the ground.

if Sams that good surely we should make it part of his remit to work with Rhino and help develop him ready to be our next manager, who takes over the helm in better circumstances than he did 5 weeks ago, a lesssr man would have crumbled IMHO.

I'm ready to be shot down in flames 🔥 but don't think I will apart from a couple of people out there.

Why was this moved from its own topic?

A quality man, if I had to use one word to sum him up it be honorable.

I think he is so talented as someone who can manage and bring on youth that is where his skills are and that is where he should be.

There is not enough credit or importance given in football generally to youth coaches / managers. 

• 1 month later...

Just seen this on GOT.

Ox1986 said: 
Good Morning and thanks for allowing me registration.

Strong rumours down here and on the betting exchanges that he's in line to be our (Oxford's) next manager.

Would fit our approach as we are a club renowned for bringing on young players and having success that way. We've taken Jonjoe from you along with Ryan Ledson & Conor McAleny so he would be know to our club and our chairman. Dave Jones who works for Sky is also on our board so maybe a link that way?

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Just seen this on GOT.

Ox1986 said: 
Good Morning and thanks for allowing me registration.

Strong rumours down here and on the betting exchanges that he's in line to be our (Oxford's) next manager.

Would fit our approach as we are a club renowned for bringing on young players and having success that way. We've taken Jonjoe from you along with Ryan Ledson & Conor McAleny so he would be know to our club and our chairman. Dave Jones who works for Sky is also on our board so maybe a link that way?

Would be a good move for him. Noticed a lot of our lads seem to go on loan to Oxford, could be a handy link. It's time for him to prove himself in first team management