IGNORED

David Unsworth

11 minutes ago, MC11 said:

When have I "blamed" Unsworth. We were in the shit before he took over! 

Problem for me is I never seen as Koemans successor, I thought he was a couple of games stop gap. After these performances he's proved he's not the right man to steady the ship and its delusion to think he was ever going to turn it around.

You've slagged him off at every turn. I'll ask you again - who do you think could turn this around? Because I don't think anyone will without two, maybe three transfer windows, by which time we could be in the Championship. And I'm sure you'll be shouting 'awful manager' at whoever has to work with the shite players we've bought in the meantime. 

26 minutes ago, nogs said:

You've slagged him off at every turn. I'll ask you again - who do you think could turn this around? Because I don't think anyone will without two, maybe three transfer windows, by which time we could be in the Championship. And I'm sure you'll be shouting 'awful manager' at whoever has to work with the shite players we've bought in the meantime. 

It's gone from I've "blamed" him to I've "slagged" him. Give it up. It really doesn't matter that you got it wrong. 

16 minutes ago, MC11 said:

It's gone from I've "blamed" him to I've "slagged" him. Give it up. It really doesn't matter that you got it wrong. 

You know, it's the easiest thing in the world to criticise without ever making suggestions of your own. Then turn round and claim you're some kind of know all. We'll done, you can point out we're shite, give yourself a massive clap on the back. 

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

None of this is Unsworths fault, he’s had the bollocks to stand up and take the flak which was inevitably going to come his way. I have massive respect for him for doing that but I’ve maintained all along that he isn’t experienced enough for this atm- fucking hell even an arl arse like Allerdyce would struggle to sort this out then what chance a new kid on the block like Unsworth?

It’s not a critisism of him but the players are clearly not respecting him which is what I feared all along. I’m not saying for one minute that that’s acceptable as it’s not but in the world of self obsessed , self important egotistical premiership footballers you need a manager in they will respect. I’m not even sure who the fuck that needs to be any more I’m just sort of lost with it all. The board have fucked up BIG time from not replacing Lukaku and getting a left sided cb to sacking Koeman with clearly zero clue who they were going to replace him with- we’re an absolute joke, incompetence all over the place and we are clearly rotten to the core all the way to boardroom level.

It all seems lso surreal going from Summer to this in just under 4 months- the whole thing is imploding in on itself and I honestly think we will go doen this year.

That second paragraph hits the nail on the head. 

Unsworth should remain. We called for him to give the non-performing new players a chance to prove themselves, and he did - and they didn’t. We called for him to focus more on the league, and he did. The last five minutes of yesterday’s game are a reflection on the aging Williams and not on an eager Unsworth. His comments after the game were spot on. Rooney’s comments about him were very positive.  The players that matter appear to believe in him  

I’m thinking again of something radical, something I suggested before: Make Rooney his assistant manager. Give them until January at least. 

31 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Unsworth should remain. We called for him to give the non-performing new players a chance to prove themselves, and he did - and they didn’t. We called for him to focus more on the league, and he did. The last five minutes of yesterday’s game are a reflection on the aging Williams and not on an eager Unsworth. His comments after the game were spot on. Rooney’s comments about him were very positive.  The players that matter appear to believe in him  

I’m thinking again of something radical, something I suggested before: Make Rooney his assistant manager. Give them until January at least. 

I don't think yesterday was his fault. He set out an unproven team to give other players an opportunity to make their case for the starting 11 and rest players for the more important match on Sunday. We had some decent spells and some not so decent spells and then absolutely collapsed in an embarrassing fashion in the last 10 minutes. 

Yesterday not being Unsworth's fault however does not mean that the man is up for the job. That's madness. And Rooney as player-manager? This isn't 1990. The solution isn't just to bring in or empower more people who love the club. We have a serious task at hand. We could dig up Howard Kendall from the grave and prop him between Dunc and Joe Royle on the bench, but it doesn't mean the team is going to start playing at a high level.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

It’s easy to just shrug and say do this do that and gamble with the clubs future when you son’t give a fuck about it.

Unsworth was right in his approach to yesterday's game he needed to have a look at other players, and a game that didn't matter win or lose was a good opportunity, we all know that that won't be Sunday's line up but he gave some the opportunity to put them selves in the frame, whether they took it or not is not down to him it is down to each individual out there to give their best.

I don't believe we will be relegated this season with the squad we have and the opportunity to add essential players in the January window, my only issue is that if we don't secure a new manager who do we give the decision of new players to, in Unsworth I'd be concerned of his in experience in the market place and putting a team together, then we have Walsh if he's had involvement in what was brought in when Koeman was here then he should be booted out and not passing on more advice.

All though Unsworth should shoulder no responsibility for the mess we are in and that imo lies with Moshiri for his decision to go after Koeman and Walsh he's not ready for such a big job and big task.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

It’s easy to just shrug and say do this do that and gamble with the clubs future when you son’t give a fuck about it.

Thinks that's a bit harsh Pad; sure Steve arrived as a Martinez fan but he's still here long after Martinez has gone and is contributing more than just opinion and comment to the site. If he didn't give a fuck he'd not be here would he?

5 hours ago, Bill said:

Oh yee of little faith Pad, top ten mate.

Look out for me in May giving myself another "pat on the back".;)

I’m with you as well haha, must be just as mad.

Pad, spot on.

ive been a big supporter of Unsyband wanted him. But I think after his trial he just isn’t ready. Not his fault, but it’s what it is.

massice respect for him for what he said in that interview, and I think it needs to be remembered that he used this match for players to show what they have, and they failed, not him.

weve had some bad days recently, but that was embarrassing. Players that should have been fighting on the pitch to show what they can offer.... just proved his decisions right. 

3 hours ago, tonkaroost said:

His comments after the game were pretty harsh but probably fair. I wasn't able to watch the game because of Thanksgiving duties, but which players do you think he was referring to?

Mirralas , Williams, Klaassen and Sandro.

thought o be fair to Sandro, he was trying.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Thinks that's a bit harsh Pad; sure Steve arrived as a Martinez fan but he's still here long after Martinez has gone and is contributing more than just opinion and comment to the site. If he didn't give a fuck he'd not be here would he?

I’m not talking about the site Mike- I’m talking about Everton- he can like the site and probably likes Everton but to come out with things like he does woth “off the wall” experiments shows he’s hardly overly arsed what happens to us.

That’s my opinion. Mike, if it offends that’s just the way it is.

5 minutes ago, Paddock said:

I’m not talking about the site Mike- I’m talking about Everton- he can like the site and probably likes Everton but to come out with things like he does woth “off the wall” experiments shows he’s hardly overly arsed what happens to us.

It doesn't offend, and I mostly respect your opinions on this site, but I'm disappointed you think this. Oh well, let's move on...

PS - I was supporting Everton when you were most likely still a twinkle in someone's eye (I'm guessing your age). Yes, I've changed support through the years, but that's because I've traveled the globe, lived for years overseas, and haven't always followed English football (the Internet and broadcast games in other countries are comparatively recent phenomena). But I'm back in the fold now, for what it's worth and no matter what you may think.

1 minute ago, Paddock said:

I think he's a big enough man not to take offence; but I also think "off the wall" is always worth considering; not entirely sure what "on" the wall moves are at the moment. Do we all have to gnash our teeth and demand undefined change? Is that the "Everton Way"?

None of us have a clue what the way forward is or how we got into the shit we're in, but all opinions are valid; maybe ones from those not as emotionally involved even more so.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

It doesn't offend, and I mostly respect your opinions on this site, but I'm disappointed you think this. Oh well, let's move on...

PS - I was supporting Everton when you were most likely still a twinkle in someone's eye (I'm guessing your age). Yes, I've changed support through the years, but that's because I've traveled the globe, lived for years overseas, and haven't always followed English football (the Internet and broadcast games in other countries are comparatively recent phenomena). But I'm back in the fold now, for what it's worth and no matter what you may think.

I doubt you were when I was just a twinkle but the fact you supported us, changed to someone else moved elsewhere then started supporting us speaks volumes as to why you think it’s ok to just fuck about putting people like Rooney as assistant manager because if we liquidated tomorrow you can just stop supporting us again. 

Why do people blame Walsh so much over our signings? Yes, he probably choose most of them, but OK. All signings this summer, except Rooney and Cuco, were top notch players at their previous clubs to date and many agreed that we're not able to find much better than these, because we are not in a position to lure world class players at our club. I still believe that most of our players are simply underperforming and that Koeman built awful team with no balance in positions whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Why do people blame Walsh so much over our signings? Yes, he probably choose most of them, but OK. All signings this summer, except Rooney and Cuco, were top notch players at their previous clubs to date and many agreed that we're not able to find much better than these, because we are not in a position to lure world class players at our club. I still believe that most of our players are simply underperforming and that Koeman built awful team with no balance in positions whatsoever.

Thing is you can't just go out and buy a load players because they played well at their previous clubs throw them on the pitch and expect them to play as a team that's not how it works, you look at the areas that need improving then you have to consider if they are better than you've already got and would they improve the team, I personally don't think the home work was done.

25 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Because the players worked for their systems. A scout should identify the talent and the fit. The players we brought in looked better thanks to the systems they were in. So Walsh and Ko failed to identify

1. Talented players

2. Players that would fit in to our system

13 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Because the players worked for their systems. A scout should identify the talent and the fit. The players we brought in looked better thanks to the systems they were in. So Walsh and Ko failed to identify

1. Talented players

2. Players that would fit in to our system

But he got players that would fit into Koemans system, which did not work.

I believe that Klaassen, Siggy and Martina were all Koeman influenced signings.

Sandro, Vlasic, Keane and Pickford were more Walsh led signings.

I still believe all but Martina will be good signings given time, even Klaassen.