IGNORED

David Unsworth

Just why isn’t he playing vlasic? Bizarre. David prentice openly admits that he hasn’t been asked the question by any of the echo journalists. If unsworth wasn’t so well liked he’d be getting slammed by the media and fans for this decision

It’s an odd one , Vlasic really did look like a decent signing but has been totally bombed out since Unsy took over .
Makes yo wonder whether something has gone on behind the scenes

It must have surely, although when interviewed on international duty, he didn’t divulge much or insinuate there had been a falling out. He just said he wasn’t being picked. I mean, if we’re winning, or improving then I’m not really bothered but effort aside, we’re not......and we are in a relegation fight. We need our best players playing

9 hours ago, Bill said:

He,s had a shit baptism into management, Koeman has dragged this club into the gutter and it's been the worst possible time to take over.

He's had five games at the helm and four of those have been away, the next one against Southampton is also away from home. I know I'm in the minority  but I still believe we will finish top half and I hope it's with Unsworth.

It's such a difficult time now that the club is at sixes and sevens, in fact it's so hard that it was too much for Fat Sam  he ruled himself out, I know he said it was for other reasons but I think he chickened  out, thank god.

David Unsworth has now got the difficult task of putting the team back together, it was never going to happen overnight so he deserves a bit more time, and a bit more backing from both the club and the supporters.

I like Unsworth as everyone does for obvious reasons. However, I get the feeling if big Sam had managed the last 5 games and we would have had the same performances, he would be getting slated. If you feel we will be finishing top 10, you must rate the squad at his disposal. I know it takes time for a manager to instill his own methods but I would expect better basics from our side. We made Palace look like world beaters that second half and they're bottom of the table, being managed by Roy Hodgson for good measure. So if we are going to finish top 10, we need to improve so drastically that for most, a new manager is what is needed. Those performances will have us fighting for relegation.

I understand your optimism but his numerous formations in 5 games, numerous team selections and simply by not even having Vlasic in the squad is enough for me to say he is not at the level required. Granted he's had tough games, but the performances have been absolutely dreadful. The first 3 games we were diabolical and the last two, we all know how lucky we have been to get something out those games. But Christ, did we need those points!!!

41 minutes ago, Bill said:

Another pessimist.

What makes you think that any other manager would get better results from the same squad. :rolleyes:.

I’m with you bill.  I think the issues are the players.  4 points in 2 matches and we have some more matches for the taking coming up now.  Soton West Ham and Huddersfield.  Let’s see how unsy does, might be mid table by then and have the defense formed up a little more.  

46 minutes ago, Bill said:

Another pessimist.

What makes you think that any other manager would get better results from the same squad. :rolleyes:.

Because that's what good Managers do Bill. They don't just get the best out of players, they improve them as footballers. At this moment in time, I'm seeing players under performing. Would it surprise you if a new manager came in and we saw Sigurdsson reproduce his Swansea form? Schneiderlin reproduce last season's form? Keane reproduce Burnley's form? Sandro maybe spark into life? Klaassen even? Granted I'm asking a lot but if we got a new manager in and we got some of those things happening, we would improve immensely. If we go by your quote then we will never improve and we should have just stuck with Koeman.

I like Unsworth, Everton through and through, and has achieved amazing things with the youth team. A team he has built and players he has developed from the academy. But I don't think he has the experience and skills to get us out of this position we find ourselves in. He lacks the experience to manage and get the best out of experienced players. In order to get the skills and experience he will need to leave and prove himself as a manager of a Championship or lower Premier League club.

I want Silva, he has got teams like Watford and Hull playing well above the ability of their players. There is something of the Mourinho about him, but without the arrogance. So what if he leaves after 2 or 3 years to manage somewhere else if he gets us into the top 4 by then or establishes us as a top 5 / 6 side challenging for European or domestic trophies. 

Hopefully we get Silva by Tuesday, if not I worry for us as we are playing some of the worst football I have seen, and I saw us play under Walter Smith!!

15 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I like Unsworth, Everton through and through, and has achieved amazing things with the youth team. A team he has built and players he has developed from the academy. But I don't think he has the experience and skills to get us out of this position we find ourselves in. He lacks the experience to manage and get the best out of experienced players. In order to get the skills and experience he will need to leave and prove himself as a manager of a Championship or lower Premier League club.

I want Silva, he has got teams like Watford and Hull playing well above the ability of their players. There is something of the Mourinho about him, but without the arrogance. So what if he leaves after 2 or 3 years to manage somewhere else if he gets us into the top 4 by then or establishes us as a top 5 / 6 side challenging for European or domestic trophies. 

Hopefully we get Silva by Tuesday, if not I worry for us as we are playing some of the worst football I have seen, and I saw us play under Walter Smith!!

I agree. I like Silva and wanted him from the start but didn't think it was possible due to his short spell so far at Watford. For me, Hull were dead and buried last year but he did such a good job to even get them close to getting out of it, all whilst playing decent football. That was his first job too in English football. He can only improve and he has already made Watford a much better side than last year. He looks like he has an eye for a player too (and we need that right now!). I don't think he could have done much more since being in English football and he is making a good reputation for himself and looks like the top up and coming manager in the league. His moves have been gradual progression and we are definitely the next step for him.

6 hours ago, London Blue said:

You are deluding yourself if you think anyone is going to come in and improve the football we're playing straight away. We're playing shit because the players aren't good enough. It isn't tactical, it isn't about motivation (we'll, maybe in one or two cases). Koeman's biggest flaw was recruitment. A two year mercenary is not what we need to turn this around, we need someone to take it on as a long term project. 

People are jumping all over Silva because he's young, Portuguese and looks a bit like Pochettino.

4 hours ago, nogs said:

You are deluding yourself if you think anyone is going to come in and improve the football we're playing straight away. We're playing shit because the players aren't good enough. It isn't tactical, it isn't about motivation (we'll, maybe in one or two cases). Koeman's biggest flaw was recruitment. A two year mercenary is not what we need to turn this around, we need someone to take it on as a long term project. 

People are jumping all over Silva because he's young, Portuguese and looks a bit like Pochettino.

There are many reasons we are playing so poorly, I believe one of the main reasons are a lack of confidence and a lack of an idea of how we are supposed to play. A new manager with a plan of how he wants us to perform, someone who the players can believe in will have a marked effect. We have seen it before when new managers come in and the players have believed in them and as a result results have improved.

We have not used the players we have correctly, we have played players out of position, not used players like Lookman and Vlasic who give us width and pace, and tried to shoehorn 3 attacking mids into 1 side. Any side without pace and width will suffer as they cannot get behind or stretch opposition defenses. 

I am a fan of Silva because of what he has achieved in his short time, and I believe he will bring success to us. We have to accept that there is no Everton fan manager out there "Gets us" and is going to lead us to victory, if there was we would have signed him. Silva or Tuchel are the best we are going to get, until we are a more attractive proposition.

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

There are many reasons we are playing so poorly, I believe one of the main reasons are a lack of confidence and a lack of an idea of how we are supposed to play. A new manager with a plan of how he wants us to perform, someone who the players can believe in will have a marked effect. We have seen it before when new managers come in and the players have believed in them and as a result results have improved.

We have not used the players we have correctly, we have played players out of position, not used players like Lookman and Vlasic who give us width and pace, and tried to shoehorn 3 attacking mids into 1 side. Any side without pace and width will suffer as they cannot get behind or stretch opposition defenses. 

I am a fan of Silva because of what he has achieved in his short time, and I believe he will bring success to us. We have to accept that there is no Everton fan manager out there "Gets us" and is going to lead us to victory, if there was we would have signed him. Silva or Tuchel are the best we are going to get, until we are a more attractive proposition.

Meanwhile Burnley sit in 7th and Bournemouth are now getting results.

41 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Meanwhile Burnley sit in 7th and Bournemouth are now getting results.

Indeed they do and kudos to Dyche and Howe. Both doing very well at their respective clubs. I don't think How can cut it at a bigger club, I just have a feeling Bournemouth is his level. 

Dyche is a tougher one to judge, he has done very well at Burnley getting promoted twice and achieving results in the premier league second time around. He has discovered a style of play and tactics that work. Would be able to adapt that to a club looking to get into europe and the champions league, I just don't know.

He is very methodical in his planning but is he a one trick pony, well organised defenses hitting teams on the counter? 

I like the football Silva's teams play, and the way they are organised and have a belief about them.  

3 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Indeed they do and kudos to Dyche and Howe. Both doing very well at their respective clubs. I don't think How can cut it at a bigger club, I just have a feeling Bournemouth is his level. 

Dyche is a tougher one to judge, he has done very well at Burnley getting promoted twice and achieving results in the premier league second time around. He has discovered a style of play and tactics that work. Would be able to adapt that to a club looking to get into europe and the champions league, I just don't know.

He is very methodical in his planning but is he a one trick pony, well organised defenses hitting teams on the counter? 

I like the football Silva's teams play, and the way they are organised and have a belief about them.  

The problem with Silva is that Watford's squad is completely unlike ours. We don't have the pacey wingers they do combined with pacey and strong central midfielders that make them physically tough to play against.

41 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

The problem with Silva is that Watford's squad is completely unlike ours. We don't have the pacey wingers they do combined with pacey and strong central midfielders that make them physically tough to play against.

We have Lookman, Vlasic, Lennon and Bolasie (when fit), I am excluding Mirallas as he will be gone.

Davies is quick and tenacious, as is Gana.

We also have  money and a transfer window coming up to strengthen areas like Strikers, Left back and central defense. 

4 hours ago, London Blue said:

I don't thing you can level these at Unsworth. He's played wide men, he's stopped playing three 'number 10s', and I think unlike Koeman he has a very clear plan about how to play. But we still look awful. 

What exactly has Silva achieved? He was brought into Hull to avoid relegation and failed. Personally, I'd be more inclined to look at someone like Wilder at Sheff Utd who has the best record of any manager in English football stretching back over two and a half seasons. If Silva was English he'd have never got a chance in the Premier League, to me it's a load of media hype about another foreign manager, only in this case I don't see the credentials to back it up. 

1 minute ago, nogs said:

I don't thing you can level these at Unsworth. He's played wide men, he's stopped playing three 'number 10s', and I think unlike Koeman he has a very clear plan about how to play. But we still look awful. 

What exactly has Silva achieved? He was brought into Hull to avoid relegation and failed. Personally, I'd be more inclined to look at someone like Wilder at Sheff Utd who has the best record of any manager in English football stretching back over two and a half seasons. If Silva was English he'd have never got a chance in the Premier League, to me it's a load of media hype about another foreign manager, only in this case I don't see the credentials to back it up. 

OOOkkkk, I don't think Silva's nationality has anything to do with this, nor should it. 

When Silva took over Hull they had sold all their best players, had lost many games and were playing like a team already relegated. They were considered to be one of the weakest teams in the history of the premier league. Silva got them playing much better, they got results and almost stayed up which would have been the greatest escape in footballing history.

At Sporting he won them their first cup in almost 7 years.

At Olympiacos he engineered their longest winning run and won them the title, beat Arsenal in Europe.

Watford, he has got them playing like a top 10 team, they were 17th last season.

All in all a impressive record.

2 minutes ago, nogs said:

he inherited a side that won 1 game in 10....  he won 8 in 20.  A great effort...

35 minutes ago, London Blue said:

OOOkkkk, I don't think Silva's nationality has anything to do with this, nor should it. 

When Silva took over Hull they had sold all their best players, had lost many games and were playing like a team already relegated. They were considered to be one of the weakest teams in the history of the premier league. Silva got them playing much better, they got results and almost stayed up which would have been the greatest escape in footballing history.

At Sporting he won them their first cup in almost 7 years.

At Olympiacos he engineered their longest winning run and won them the title, beat Arsenal in Europe.

Watford, he has got them playing like a top 10 team, they were 17th last season.

All in all a impressive record.

But sadly I think his nationality has got a lot to do with it. Not consciously maybe, but it's there. Why are we more impressed with someone winning a cup with one of the giants of Portuguese football than we are with managers who bring teams into the Premier League from what is widely regarded as one of the most cut throat competitive leagues in Europe? I just do not get why Silva stands out as a better manager than the likes of Howe, Dyche and Hughton. 

I'd also say this - I don't find his record for longevity at clubs very impressive at all. I'm very wary about that because I think it would be the completely wrong move for our club to give the job to someone who might up sticks in 12 months, causing yet more instability. 

1 hour ago, Quinn31 said:

So do we bring Cleverly back,? he's been one of Watfords best midfielders this season