IGNORED

David Unsworth

Unsy has shown the players now have the drive and fight to come back 2 times in a row.  He has the players behind him, he just needs to get the lineup and tactics right off the bat.  4 points in 2 matches is a good return.  The next couple of matches are winnable as well, west ham and soton and huddersfield.  5 points acceptable but would prefer 6+ points from those 3 matches.

53 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Unsy has shown the players now have the drive and fight to come back 2 times in a row.  He has the players behind him, he just needs to get the lineup and tactics right off the bat.  4 points in 2 matches is a good return.  The next couple of matches are winnable as well, west ham and soton and huddersfield.  5 points acceptable but would prefer 6+ points from those 3 matches.

We have been awful, and sadly for the reasons I stated earlier I don't see Unsworth as being able to solve our problems. 

30 minutes ago, London Blue said:

We have been awful, and sadly for the reasons I stated earlier I don't see Unsworth as being able to solve our problems. 

koeman last 5 matches 2 points, unsy 4 matches 4 points.  my point being is if we are awful and unsy can get those points, imagine what we will do when we play well.  it's going to happen, players seeing the vision, seeing the results, confidence is coming back.

3 hours ago, London Blue said:

OOOkkkk, I don't think Silva's nationality has anything to do with this, nor should it. 

When Silva took over Hull they had sold all their best players, had lost many games and were playing like a team already relegated. They were considered to be one of the weakest teams in the history of the premier league. Silva got them playing much better, they got results and almost stayed up which would have been the greatest escape in footballing history.

At Sporting he won them their first cup in almost 7 years.

At Olympiacos he engineered their longest winning run and won them the title, beat Arsenal in Europe.

Watford, he has got them playing like a top 10 team, they were 17th last season.

All in all a impressive record.

I don't disagree with most of that but Phelan had also done well with what he had at Hull. They weren't playing like a team that were already relegated but Silva did make them much better. 

59 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

koeman last 5 matches 2 points, unsy 4 matches 4 points.  my point being is if we are awful and unsy can get those points, imagine what we will do when we play well.  it's going to happen, players seeing the vision, seeing the results, confidence is coming back.

I agree, Koeman was terrible and Unsy inherited a shambles, but in those matches we played a struggling Leicester, and a bottom of the table Palace. 6 points is the minimum I would have wanted from those fixtures. 

I don't see us playing well under Unsy, I don't think he has the respect of the "non-everton" senior players, buy that I mean those who have only been here a few seasons. He does not have the experience of managing experienced players. 

In all the games he has managed so far I have not seen an evolution in our play, I don't think he has a vision or preferred system he wants us to use. 

I hope I am wrong as I genuinely respect him and like him as a person from what I have seen and read about him. I want him to succeed but I just believe he is not ready yet and wont be till he manages his own club.

The first thing that the manager should do when taking over a side that is leaking goals is shore up the defence. Unfortunately, we have conceded at least 2 goals in every one of Unsworth's games. We leaked two goals against a Palace side that is struggling to score, and that was with 2 defensive midfielders. Granted we hardly have Franco Baresi at the back, but a good manager would come in and get things tighter. I dont see any improvement in our defence or shape since Unsworth has come in.

5 minutes ago, sydneyneil said:

The first thing that the manager should do when taking over a side that is leaking goals is shore up the defence. Unfortunately, we have conceded at least 2 goals in every one of Unsworth's games. We leaked two goals against a Palace side that is struggling to score, and that was with 2 defensive midfielders. Granted we hardly have Franco Baresi at the back, but a good manager would come in and get things tighter. I dont see any improvement in our defence or shape since Unsworth has come in.

For me it's because he's picking the same players for defensive positions as Koeman, granted there aren't a lot of options available in the back four with no one who can replace Baines Kenny looks the best option available at RB and CBs any two from four, but were he can make a significant change is in the defensive midfielders positions by dropping Gana and Schneiderlin they are offering no protection to the back four every team with played so far are walking through them like there not on the pitch, sort the middle out and that will help the defence.

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

No matter who's managing over the next few weeks, we should get 7 points from these three games. That should put us back in the top half.

9 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

No matter who's managing over the next few weeks, we should get 7 points from these three games. That should put us back in the top half.

And if we don't? Because the way we're playing there's every chance we'll take something like 2 points. Will you then just shift on to the next three games and rinse, repeat?

I actually think we could be getting worse defensively under Unsworth. The amount of goals we are shipping is embarrassing. We need to end the "Unsworth til the end of the season" comments now. We will 100% go down with this guy in charge. He has no experience and every game that passes is throwing points away. We have no organisation and cant even do the basics. Where are we going to get 28 points from.......seriously

We need to accept the situation we are in.  Serious fucking shit.  We are not above any manager who can sort the team, no matter how unfashionable they are.  I don't care if we get Pulis, or Silva or whoever as long as they come in NOW and stop the ship from sinking.  Unsworth has been given a fair enough crack.  He has shown nothing to suggest that he can reverse the terrible situation we are in.

Disappointed in the team he played, exactly what I didn't want and he's paid the price. That's another soul destroying hammering going into an away premier league game, that's a real confidence booster isn't it.

That's what happens when people want him to leave out players, it could have been 7 or 8 against us. Think that decision has lost him any chance he had of getting the job permanently.

I've backed Unsworth because I don't see anyone we've been linked with being right for us. But I can't defend him now. It doesn't matter who it is, they just have to have the strength to get rid of the 6, 7, 8 players who are crippling us. We're that rotten I'm half starting to think getting relegated might be the only way to sort this shit out. Walsh needs to go along with most of the signings he's made. It's such a fucking mess.