IGNORED

David Unsworth

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

Disappointed in the team he played, exactly what I didn't want and he's paid the price. That's another soul destroying hammering going into an away premier league game, that's a real confidence booster isn't it.

That's what happens when people want him to leave out players, it could have been 7 or 8 against us. Think that decision has lost him any chance he had of getting the job permanently.

I agree completely but I'd have still gone completely the other way and played the kids. There was just no point playing that team. All it's done is scar three or four of our promising young lads. And Kenny will probably have to start Sunday. I just hope to fuck Holgate and Jags are fit. Williams and Keane are unelectable after that. 

11 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

:lol: @ everyone who wanted him as perm.

Choose another sport lads :lol:

He deserved the chance to ‘prove’ himself as a candiadate with the great work he’s done with the academy but, despite the odd bright moment, he’s slipping back into the same traps that Koeman fell into - square pegs and round holes etc... I hope he can go back to his academy role as he’s clearly well respected (although the senior players have a funny way of showing it) around EFC.

10/10 for effort, enthusiasm and saying the right things but nowhere near good enough for the bit that matters - winning matches!

This should have been sorted before RK was even on the ropes, the fact we're here still not having a clue who to replace him with is the club's biggest failing.

For me after Silva? Should be looking at Blanc, Tuchel, Scolari (all available).

But we're going to look incredibly desperate if we go for Dyche or Sam. They'll cost a bomb and will feel like 2nd choices.

It's hard now because we're really shit.

15 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

This should have been sorted before RK was even on the ropes, the fact we're here still not having a clue who to replace him with is the club's biggest failing.

For me after Silva? Should be looking at Blanc, Tuchel, Scolari (all available).

But we're going to look incredibly desperate if we go for Dyche or Sam. They'll cost a bomb and will feel like 2nd choices.

Why would Blanc, Tuchel, or Scolari risk their careers to inherit the dumpster fire you witness tonight. 

Tuchel and Blanc could also both probably go to a bigger club that isn't an absolute mess.

Also, Scolari is long past it.

31 minutes ago, MikeO said:

He's gone after tonight for sure, but who would you put in place J? I'm struggling.

(Unless I get the call from BK, I could do it)

Happy to be your assistant. You need some youth on your staff to give off a forward thinking/fresh image to win over the fans :lol:

Yeah, I may be calling you old :P

7 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Why would Blanc, Tuchel, or Scolari risk their careers to inherit the dumpster fire you witness tonight. 

Tuchel and Blanc could also both probably go to a bigger club that isn't an absolute mess.

Also, Scolari is long past it.

I would offer Blanc a player/manager role. He's probably still better than some of the shite we have right now.

29 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

You’re delirious if you think any of them would come here.  Be realistic, who could we get to manage? 

1 hour ago, badaids said:

We need to accept the situation we are in.  Serious fucking shit.  We are not above any manager who can sort the team, no matter how unfashionable they are.  I don't care if we get Pulis, or Silva or whoever as long as they come in NOW and stop the ship from sinking.  Unsworth has been given a fair enough crack.  He has shown nothing to suggest that he can reverse the terrible situation we are in.

Imagine poor Tony Pulis having to try and teach Cuco Martina how to defend. Honestly, I would feel bad for Pulis if we brought that upon him.

Problem for Unsworth is he likes to play on the front foot, his words. But we aren't in a position, nor do we have the squad balance, to do that from the way we have been this season.

First job will be to go back to basics and solidify that back line. Stop conceding goals and go from there.

Unsworth hasn't had to do this in the U23's. He's had it mostly his own way, and the standard in that league is miles away from what he's facing now.

Grateful to him for stepping in. Grateful for what he's tried to do. I think his philosohy on football is exciting and his mannerism and character are top notch. But this is not the right moment for him. I'm more than sure he realises that too.

9 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Strong words. There has to be a line in the sand. Players cannot blame the manager, confidence, other players for their own ineptitude. They are paid huge sums to take responsibility for their own performances. I hope whoever comes in takes on board Unsworth's views on certain players and gets rid as soon as possible. 

11 minutes ago, MC11 said:

It was clear from the start he was out of his depth. No matter how many times he's says "this wonderful football club". Awful manager. He needs a good 5 years as a number 2 somewhere. 

For him to still be in charge now is an absolute joke.

So go on then Einstein, what would you have done different? To blame Unsworth and pick on him the way you do is the joke, a massive fucking cop out. We're shit, blame whoever is in charge, problem solved. Go find your mate Barton, that's about his level. 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

So go on then Einstein, what would you have done different? To blame Unsworth and pick on him the way you do is the joke, a massive fucking cop out. We're shit, blame whoever is in charge, problem solved. Go find your mate Barton, that's about his level. 

When have I "blamed" Unsworth. We were in the shit before he took over! 

Problem for me is I never seen as Koemans successor, I thought he was a couple of games stop gap. After these performances he's proved he's not the right man to steady the ship and its delusion to think he was ever going to turn it around.