IGNORED

David Unsworth

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

I doubt you were when I was just a twinkle but the fact you supported us, changed to someone else moved elsewhere then started supporting us speaks volumes as to why you think it’s ok to just fuck about putting people like Rooney as assistant manager because if we liquidated tomorrow you can just stop supporting us again. 

Well, let's just consider my suggestion for a moment.

• Unsworth has had great success with the U-23s; hence, he knows many of today's first term players - from Davies to DC-L to Holgate to Kenny to Lookman and even to Niasse. No manager coming from the outside has such in-depth knowledge of key players.
  • Rooney is one of England's greatest players in recent years and for all time. He's broken record after record and is a national icon. He knows how to score goals better than any manager coming from the outside.
  • Both men know the Everton organization inside and out, have undeniable passion for the club, and would do all in their power to succeed.

Would you prefer to be just another stepping stone for an ambitious foreign manager or held hostage by a manager who's not really interested but is willing to take a huge salary? I wouldn't. Would you prefer Pardew or Crooked Sam or maybe Pulis? I wouldn't. In my experience, a desire to succeed and total belief in the company/club/vision are far better gauges to success than bringing in an outsider who doesn't know or care about the culture. Culture clash over the last year or so came close to ruining this club. Thanks but no thanks.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

I doubt you were when I was just a twinkle but the fact you supported us, changed to someone else moved elsewhere then started supporting us speaks volumes as to why you think it’s ok to just fuck about putting people like Rooney as assistant manager because if we liquidated tomorrow you can just stop supporting us again. 

Pad, the fact the Cornish Steve has put on nearly 7000 posts indicates hes not a "fair weather" supporter. You may not like what he has to say but he has the right to say it.

Everyones opinion is just as valid.

25 minutes ago, London Blue said:

But he got players that would fit into Koemans system, which did not work.

I believe that Klaassen, Siggy and Martina were all Koeman influenced signings.

Sandro, Vlasic, Keane and Pickford were more Walsh led signings.

I still believe all but Martina will be good signings given time, even Klaassen.

Walsh wanted Gana over Kante when at Leicester. Think he goes off stats rather than a keen eye. 

Walsh is paid enough to have influence on the players that come. He should have warned the board and found someone better. That's what dof's do at every other club. 

Vlasic was pure luck of the draw. 

Sandro is miles away from being a prem player, and we'd be lucky to get half the money back on Keane (which says a lot when we bought him with only a year left on his contract). Pickford has done well, but considering the defence we'd have been better off with a more experienced keeper. 

Koeman said there are no class Dutch players and barely gave Klaassen a chance so maybe he was a Walsh pick. 

37 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Walsh is paid enough to have influence on the players that come. He should have warned the board and found someone better. That's what dof's do at every other club. 

Sandro is miles away from being a prem player, and we'd be lucky to get half the money back on Keane (which says a lot when we bought him with only a year left on his contract). Pickford has done well, but considering the defence we'd have been better off with a more experienced keeper. 

Koeman said there are no class Dutch players and barely gave Klaassen a chance so maybe he was a Walsh pick. 

Koeman had final say.

Sandro cost what 8 million, nothing in today's market. He will come good, he just needs time to adapt and not be playing in a team that is self destructing. Same is true for Klaassen.

23 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Koeman had final say.

Sandro cost what 8 million, nothing in today's market. He will come good, he just needs time to adapt and not be playing in a team that is self destructing. Same is true for Klaassen.

Moshiri had final say. He trusted Walsh and Koeman. 

We needed players for now though as well. Looking at the team we need an experienced centre half, a left back, DM, cm, 10, and a striker. Maybe even a winger. That's nearly a whole new team. Not including Barkley and Mori the only players who are top 7 worthy are

Pickford 

Coleman Holgate__????__????

????

Vlasic Davies McCarthy Bolasie 

???? 

Rooney 

Back up squad isn't too bad, problem is we are staying players who shouldn't even make the bench. 

Robles 

Kenny Jags Williams Baines

Besic/Beni

Lennon__???? __???? __Mirallas 

???? 

Niasse 

I'd get rid of Keane, Cuco, Schneiderlin, Gana, and Sigurdssen. Simply not good enough for a club like Everton. The weakest gang of shithouses to ever wear the shirt. People used to moan when we only had one or two not putting the effort in, there should be riots to boot these mercenaries out the club. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

I have little doubt that Koeman demanded certain players.

Klaassen - Dutch
Martina - played under Koeman
Schneiderlin - played under Koeman

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Klaassen - Dutch

I’d agree over those, some of the others I’m not sure about.

4 hours ago, Lowensda said:

Should have told Benitez that before he joined newcastle. A team that was all but relegated when he joined. Decent manager. We're a bigger club. Not delirious.

None of the 3 you mention have a home in England with family still living here.  That’s the only reason he’s at toon.  

I'm not going to judge Unsworth on Thursdays game, yes it was a clusterfuck, but is was a worthless game, a confidence building win would have been brilliant, but not at the expense of getting key players injured or running our of gas(Baines).

We need to forget about Thursday and focus on the league 100%, get some results, which we've done in the last two games, lucky or not, and get some consistency, confidence and start to look like a team again.

9 hours ago, London Blue said:

Koeman had final say.

I'll make a bet with you Klaassen will be gone next summer. He is woefully out of his depth here, too timid for the physical side, wants too much time on the ball, but worst of all his positional sense is dreadful. He wouldn't get a game in the Championship on current form. 

9 hours ago, pete0 said:

Moshiri had final say. He trusted Walsh and Koeman. 

We needed players for now though as well. Looking at the team we need an experienced centre half, a left back, DM, cm, 10, and a striker. Maybe even a winger. That's nearly a whole new team. Not including Barkley and Mori the only players who are top 7 worthy are

Pickford 

Coleman Holgate__????__????

????

Vlasic Davies McCarthy Bolasie 

???? 

Rooney 

Back up squad isn't too bad, problem is we are staying players who shouldn't even make the bench. 

Robles 

Kenny Jags Williams Baines

Besic/Beni

Lennon__???? __???? __Mirallas 

???? 

Niasse 

I'd get rid of Keane, Cuco, Schneiderlin, Gana, and Sigurdssen. Simply not good enough for a club like Everton. The weakest gang of shithouses to ever wear the shirt. People used to moan when we only had one or two not putting the effort in, there should be riots to boot these mercenaries out the club. 

Why are you not including Williams in that group? There's a case for saying he's been the worst of the lot. 

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Klaassen - Dutch

No doubt he did for the latter two, but Walsh is paid a million quid to say no here's someone better... But looking at the Walsh's signing they're no better. 

Regarding Klaassen Koeman said he doesn't rate the Dutch players. 

10 minutes ago, nogs said:

Why are you not including Williams in that group? There's a case for saying he's been the worst of the lot. 

He's declined massively but has experience. He's marginally still ahead of Jags, albeit form is an issue. I'd get rid of both in the summer. 

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He's declined massively but has experience. He's marginally still ahead of Jags, albeit form is an issue. I'd get rid of both in the summer. 

What?? Did you watch him Thursday? Or v Lyon? All of our CBs have been poor I grant you but Williams has been an absolute liability. How many penalties has he given away this season alone?? 

Just now, nogs said:

What?? Did you watch him Thursday? Or v Lyon? All of our CBs have been poor I grant you but Williams has been an absolute liability. How many penalties has he given away this season alone?? 

He's been okay (not great) next to Holgate. Anyone next to Keane is gonna struggle. 

36 minutes ago, nogs said:

I think Williams has played a key part in dragging Keane and Holgate to be honest but hey ho! 

8 minutes ago, London Blue said:

This, Jags and Williams our experienced center backs have been so poor they have dragged the rest of the defense down to the point where none of them have any confidence or form..

Don't see how any one else can take the blame for Keane's deer in the head lights defending. Immobile, weak, and takes an eternity to do the simplest of passes. Other than being tall I don't see what he offers over Holgate. £30m in his last year is truly baffling. 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Don't see how any one can blame Keane's deer in the head lights defending. Immobile, weak, and takes an eternity to do the simplest of passes. Other than being tall I don't see what he offers over Holgate. £30m in his last year is truly baffling. 

I agree. But Williams has been equally bad if not worse. 

Don't see how any one else can take the blame for Keane's deer in the head lights defending. Immobile, weak, and takes an eternity to do the simplest of passes. Other than being tall I don't see what he offers over Holgate. £30m in his last year is truly baffling. 

Constant change of RB and CB partners plus the DCMs not doing their jobs aaaaand a foot injury. 

Ive seen enough of him to say that, given some consistency, the lad will come good 

If you have a small team of people where three of the most experienced people are struggling and you bring in a brand new person, they will also struggle. I have seen it so many times in my professional life. If the leaders of the group are in trouble then it has a massive effect on those they work with. Jags and Williams are both leaders, and both need to be replaced asap.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Constant change of RB and CB partners plus the DCMs not doing their jobs aaaaand a foot injury. 

Ive seen enough of him to say that, given some consistency, the lad will come good 

He's made the right backs job harder. Yes, Cuco is a joke but Keane offers absolutely no help. Would like to know what minute he suffered that injury as James Vaughan looked a world beater against him. Bullied him all over the pitch. 

How's any of that excuse how pathetically weak he is?

He gets rolled time and time again, that's down to him as an individual only. Turns like a bus is all you hear said about him. 

4 minutes ago, nogs said:

I agree. But Williams has been equally bad if not worse. 

Williams has bern poor, but Keane hasn't shown anything ability wise. 

6 minutes ago, London Blue said:

If you have a small team of people where three of the most experienced people are struggling and you bring in a brand new person, they will also struggle. I have seen it so many times in my professional life. If the leaders of the group are in trouble then it has a massive effect on those they work with. Jags and Williams are both leaders, and both need to be replaced asap.

He's looked out of place from day one. Before we knew the was gonna be a problem. 

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He's made the right backs job harder. Yes, Cuco is a joke but Keane offers absolutely no help. Would like to know what minute he suffered that injury as James Vaughan looked a world beater against him. Bullied him all over the pitch. 

How's any of that excuse how pathetically weak he is?

He gets rolled time and time again, that's down to him as an individual only. Turns like a bus is all you hear said about him. 

Williams has bern poor, but Keane hasn't shown anything ability wise. 

I think he’s going to be your replacements got Jags in the OTT criticism spot, so I’ll stop now ;)