IGNORED

Missing players

MC11

13 hours ago, MC11 said:

I hope to god we get them back soon. The media keep mentioning Lukaku but the above names are key players. 

The type of striker we miss is the one who can pick it up from the half way line and run at goal beating 5 men on his own - cos that is what it is gonna take right now until the midfield sorts itself out. 

22 hours ago, Bill said:

Didn't see Besic mentioned in any  of those  posts, everybody else has been given a chance, IE Gana, Morgan, Davies, Beni,  I think he's as good than any of them and plays with a bit of fight and fire in his belly, which is what we need at present ( Dogs of War )  and all that.

(this isn't a dig Bill) what do you see in Besic? I'm still yet to see anything where I'd say "yeah he needs to play".

5 minutes ago, aaron said:

(this isn't a dig Bill) what do you see in Besic? I'm still yet to see anything where I'd say "yeah he needs to play".

Looks forward when he's on the ball, and has a decent pass (although not always to an Everton player). Puts his heart into a tackle. Schneiderlin and Gana don't commit enough, they stick a foot in, whereas Besic has more aggression/commitment making sure he wins the ball. Small things like that make the difference between winning and losing a 50/50. 

That said he's missed two years of development so Baningime would be the safer option. 

29 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Looks forward when he's on the ball, and has a decent pass (although not always to an Everton player). Puts his heart into a tackle. Schneiderlin and Gana don't commit enough, they stick a foot in, whereas Besic has more aggression/commitment making sure he wins the ball. Small things like that make the difference between winning and losing a 50/50. 

That said he's missed two years of development so Baningime would be the safer option. 

Given how little you rate Gana I am amazed you rate Besic.

1 hour ago, aaron said:

He's a player who wants to win, likes a tackle and always looking to move forward.

When he did play this season he was motm against Chelsea.  I don't think he's played since. When every Tom Dick and Harry are getting a chance, and none of them have been too brilliant, I'm wondering why he isn't getting a chance.

35 minutes ago, Bill said:

He's a player who wants to win, likes a tackle and always looking to move forward.

When he did play this season he was motm against Chelsea.  I don't think he's played since. When every Tom Dick and Harry are getting a chance, and none of them have been too brilliant, I'm wondering why he isn't getting a chance.

Could be match fitness concerns I guess? I'm surprised we've not seen more of him.

10 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

we will need these 4 if we want to stay up.  this looks so much better

pickford

coleman keane holgate baines

beni davies

vlasic            barkley         bolasie 

DCL

Great line up except for some changes where highlighted. We will put a boot up the ass of Schneiderlin/McCarthy/Gana, of which one will get their act together and start next to either Davies or Beni depending on the match. Beni has impressed early, but largely cuz he's playing with piss poor players with ten years of experience on him.

DCL can not be our go to striker. We need to buy a reliable #9 in the window and also I would love to see a first team caliber centerhalf who can play on the left side bought in January. Holgate/Jags/Williams/Funes Mori/This lad will fight to play alongside Keane, who will come good.

Finally, Super Kev will rotate in and out and as a substitute with Bolasie, Vlasic, and Barkley to keep the front line fresh. Siggy will get it together eventually and perhaps Klaassen and Sandro will come good when the team starts to improve. 

• 1 year later...
On 02/11/2017 at 20:49, Quinn31 said:

Great line up except for some changes where highlighted. We will put a boot up the ass of Schneiderlin/McCarthy/Gana, of which one will get their act together and start next to either Davies or Beni depending on the match. Beni has impressed early, but largely cuz he's playing with piss poor players with ten years of experience on him.

DCL can not be our go to striker. We need to buy a reliable #9 in the window and also I would love to see a first team caliber centerhalf who can play on the left side bought in January. Holgate/Jags/Williams/Funes Mori/This lad will fight to play alongside Keane, who will come good.

Finally, Super Kev will rotate in and out and as a substitute with Bolasie, Vlasic, and Barkley to keep the front line fresh. Siggy will get it together eventually and perhaps Klaassen and Sandro will come good when the team starts to improve. 

Just came across this, what a difference a year makes !