IGNORED

Manchester City (Home) Saturday March 31st

markjazzbassist

Just now, nogs said:

Go on Sam! No strikers on the pitch! 3 defensive midfielders! 3-1 down at home! 15 % possession! You have to admire the brinksmanship, it's like he's daring Moshiri to sack him

Sam is happy with 3-1,  doesn't  want to concede 5 or 6.

1 minute ago, nogs said:

Go on Sam! No strikers on the pitch! 3 defensive midfielders! 3-1 down at home! 15 % possession! You have to admire the brinksmanship, it's like he's daring Moshiri to sack him

Ah OK it was Niasse he brought on. There's no sound in the pub and I'm only half watching, thought it was Gana... 

Thank goodness City decided only to play keep-ball in the second half, with their eyes on their midweek game against Liverpool; otherwise, they could had scored in the double digits.

Tom Davis deserves credit for bringing a spark to the side, and Jags was clearly MoTM for us. Blame for such an abject performance, though, has to go to the manager. Playing with two slow men in midfield against the likes of De Bruyne, Da Silva, and Fernandinho was nothing short of suicide. Worse is the fact that he didn't make any changes at half time. The man is inept in the extreme. Clearly, now we have 40 points, he couldn't care a toss.

46 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I think a few of us made that point to the 2 p's when they thought Rooney did a better job of containing the opposition than gana. 

Pretty sure I've always said Rooney should play up front and Davies should be one of the first names on the team sheet. 

Davies motm last season and is most valuable against sides that play. Why on earth was not starting today? 

13 months ago we beat them 4-0 at Goodison. Lukaku, Barkley, Barry all played key roles. What happened last summer I'll never know but I'm pretty sure responsibility goes way beyond Koeman. Today we were beaten when the teams were named. I actually thought what we did going forward today was alright, but everything about our play without the ball stank. That's down to Koeman's legacy, Walsh and now Allardyce, but let's start being honest here, we've gone backwards under Moshiri. Until he starts wielding the axe to put right the mistakes he has made, we are going nowhere. 

4 minutes ago, nogs said:

13 months ago we beat them 4-0 at Goodison. Lukaku, Barkley, Barry all played key roles. What happened last summer I'll never know but I'm pretty sure responsibility goes way beyond Koeman. Today we were beaten when the teams were named. I actually thought what we did going forward today was alright, but everything about our play without the ball stank. That's down to Koeman's legacy, Walsh and now Allardyce, but let's start being honest here, we've gone backwards under Moshiri. Until he starts wielding the axe to put right the mistakes he has made, we are going nowhere. 

I agree nogs for me Moshiri is the common denominator to why we are falling apart, if it was mathematical problem he would be the answer, he's got a bit of money but no idea how to run a football club.

Let's be honest here he could end up destroying this club if next season pan's out like this one.

Fucking disgraceful starting 11. Fucking disgraceful use of the bench. Fucking disgraceful performance from a bunch of disgraces. 
I left early but some people we’re leaving before half-time. 
I watched the game with a friend who has never watched Everton before. She was a Man City fan afterwards.

Fuck this shit.

http://www.football365.com/news/f365s-early-losers-evertons-central-midfield

I still cannot get my head around the midfield pairing he went with. Not that long ago the Count of Monte Bisto went on about that he needed to know when the right games to play Rooney were. Clearly the clueless fuck hasn't worked it out yet. YESTERDAY WAS NOT THE GAME TO PLAY WAYNE FUCKING ROONEY IN MIDFIELD! Even after making that fucked up decision he then compounds it by playing Schneiderlin next to him, who is as mobile as a static caravan! You need energy next to Rooney if he plays, especially against a side as physical and energetic as City (they may not be physical in the sense of a Stoke, but physical they are). Even if you discount the fact that our resident French Fancy is in some of the worst form you're likely to see, he was never the right player to come in. It had to be Davies or Beni.

As it may be apparent, I'm still a little bit angry.

11 hours ago, MikeO said:

"City's final possession figure of 82.13% is the highest by an away side in a single Premier League game since such data became available (2003-04)."

Jebus:doh:.

So this includes the derby county team of 2007-2008 ..... widely regarded as the worst team in premier league history??? 

Take a bow allardyce.  When you are lying on your lounger in sunny Benidorm rubbing gravy Browning all over your gut celebrating the fact that you are indeed "fuckin minted" please spend a minute to think that maybe a few of those fans who know "nothing" actually do have the ability to form an opinion and a good one at that.

The same very people may not have the luxury of retiring and living like an allardyce in gravy.... but they will likely be going about their jobs in an honest, humble, conciencious manner. The same people your scornfully mock in your disgraceful post match interviews. 

I was a big critic of moyes but blimey up until his disappointing behaviour when joining United his stewardship and integrity in charge of us was 10000 times more of this slob. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

http://www.football365.com/news/f365s-early-losers-evertons-central-midfield

I still cannot get my head around the midfield pairing he went with. Not that long ago the Count of Monte Bisto went on about that he needed to know when the right games to play Rooney were. Clearly the clueless fuck hasn't worked it out yet. YESTERDAY WAS NOT THE GAME TO PLAY WAYNE FUCKING ROONEY IN MIDFIELD! Even after making that fucked up decision he then compounds it by playing Schneiderlin next to him, who is as mobile as a static caravan! You need energy next to Rooney if he plays, especially against a side as physical and energetic as City (they may not be physical in the sense of a Stoke, but physical they are). Even if you discount the fact that our resident French Fancy is in some of the worst form you're likely to see, he was never the right player to come in. It had to be Davies or Beni.

As it may be apparent, I'm still a little bit angry.

Its then compounded further by DCL dropping in there. He had absolutely no idea who to mark. Half the time he was trying to mark Baines' man which meant one of their midfield 3 was in space. 

It was all a fucking stupid idea, the sake stupid stunts that Koeman used to pull.