IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

Telegraph Sport says:  EVERTON STADIUM DELAY.   Everton will wait at least another 12 months before submitting a planning application...................after starting a one-year public consultation process.  A move to Bramley Moor Dock will not happen until at least the beginning of the 2023-24 season.................The club is also re-evaluating earlier plans to partially fund the construction with a £250 million loan secured by Liverpool City Council.

So the planning application is a year away and the funding is back to square one.

6 minutes ago, johnh said:

Telegraph Sport says:  EVERTON STADIUM DELAY.   Everton will wait at least another 12 months before submitting a planning application...................after starting a one-year public consultation process.  A move to Bramley Moor Dock will not happen until at least the beginning of the 2023-24 season.................The club is also re-evaluating earlier plans to partially fund the construction with a £250 million loan secured by Liverpool City Council.

So the planning application is a year away and the funding is back to square one.

Not necessarily, we are looking at going a private funding route, the council option is still there. If we are looking at private funding my guess is we have plenty of options we can chose from otherwise we wouldn't be pulling out of the council deal. I would say we are progressing instead of being back at square one.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

When you read the whole article, the planning permission has been delayed as we understand that if it gets rejected, we have to look for another site.

So it’s imperative that we get it right. 12 months could save us another ten years. obviously negative people will look at it in a different way.

I'm absolutely fine with how we're playing this.

Obviously it's different, but we don't want another Kirkby debacle that ends up costing us a shit load of money with nothing at the end of it.

7 hours ago, johnh said:

Did you not bother to read the article? It stated planning permission will be sought in second half of next year following public consultation. So that article is working on the assumption that it’ll be at the end of that period. This is typical sensationalist journalism to make a headline.  I’m not sure you can have a delay when Everton hasn’t given a definitive timeline. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Disappointed. 

Why? For me it’s a good short term to medium term plan, and that stretches 30 years for a development of this scale. In the meantime, we’ll get new technologies to increase the capacity further yet, whilst in the meantime, keeping a full, energetic stadium that will grow with our (expected) success. 

I thought you were more worried about the designs?

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Why? For me it’s a good short term to medium term plan, and that stretches 30 years for a development of this scale. In the meantime, we’ll get new technologies to increase the capacity further yet, whilst in the meantime, keeping a full, energetic stadium that will grow with our (expected) success. 

I thought you were more worried about the designs?

So we’re limiting ourselves to 62K. I think that’s small time. 

I’m dreading seeing the design of the thing.