IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

20 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Best thing about this (well not the best but a nice side issue) will be stuffing it down the throat of the smug Koppite idiots who post stuff like, "..they're building a new stadium you know🤣.." all over the internet.

We will have a superb new home and we will secure the legacy in L4 for the community. We won't trample people into the gutter and chuck them out of their homes like some have done.

Heads are going to fall off once they realise it really is happening. They’ve been convinced it wouldn’t happen and it’ll terrify them once it becomes reality because they really are shit scared of where we could get to. 

• 1 month later...

Everton Football Club’s planning applications for a new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock and community-led legacy project at Goodison Park are set to be determined by Liverpool City Council next week.

The local authority will convene a special planning committee meeting on Tuesday 23 February to decide whether to grant approval to Everton’s plans for a new 52,888-capacity waterfront stadium and the Club’s outline application for a re-imagined Goodison Park.

A report from the planning case officer for the planning committee has been published – and this report recommends that the application be approved at the meeting.

If the Club’s proposals are approved by the City Council's planning committee, the plans will then automatically be referred to the Secretary of State for Housing Communities and Local Government. This is standard practice for a development of this size and scale.

Everton, being advised by CBRE UK Planning & Development team, has worked closely with the Liverpool Planning Authority, Historic England and other stakeholders for the past 12 months to shape the application and ensure the required detail is included to enable the proposals to be appropriately considered by the planning committee.

7 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Everton Football Club’s planning applications for a new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock and community-led legacy project at Goodison Park are set to be determined by Liverpool City Council next week.

The local authority will convene a special planning committee meeting on Tuesday 23 February to decide whether to grant approval to Everton’s plans for a new 52,888-capacity waterfront stadium and the Club’s outline application for a re-imagined Goodison Park.

A report from the planning case officer for the planning committee has been published – and this report recommends that the application be approved at the meeting.

If the Club’s proposals are approved by the City Council's planning committee, the plans will then automatically be referred to the Secretary of State for Housing Communities and Local Government. This is standard practice for a development of this size and scale.

Everton, being advised by CBRE UK Planning & Development team, has worked closely with the Liverpool Planning Authority, Historic England and other stakeholders for the past 12 months to shape the application and ensure the required detail is included to enable the proposals to be appropriately considered by the planning committee.

Just beat me to it Dunc.

Email from Denise B-B

I am writing to provide you with an important update on our plans to deliver a new home for Everton at Bramley-Moore Dock.

Today (Monday, 15 February) we received confirmation that the Liverpool City Council hearing to decide on our planning application for the stadium - and our plans for a legacy project on the site of Goodison Park - will take place next week (Tuesday, 23 February).

The report by the City Council’s Planning Officer, which will be reviewed at the meeting next week, has also been published today.

I am pleased to let you know that the Planning Officer, following a very thorough review of our application, is recommending that the Committee approves our plans.

Our Stadium Director Colin Chong and I will be presenting the Club’s case at the meeting next week to underline how important this stadium is - not only to our football club but also to our city, our region and our country at such an unprecedented time in our history.

If the Planning Committee agree with the recommendations of the report at the meeting next week, then the next step will be for the application to be referred to the Secretary of State - a standard procedure for an application of such scale.

So, as we enter what is a crucial stage in our new stadium project, I would like to thank you for your ongoing support and patience on this journey so far.

As always, I will ensure that you are kept informed with all the relevant updates over the coming weeks – and I know you will be thinking of us and wishing us well at our important meeting with the Council next week.

NSNO

Denise

13 minutes ago, barryj said:

But the general feeling is that’s a formality? Especially with the meticulous detail and resubmission plus everything that’s happened over the last year I’d be shocked for it not to be given the green light. 

I didn't say it wasn't, Barry, I've been confident about this all along. 

12 minutes ago, barryj said:

But the general feeling is that’s a formality? Especially with the meticulous detail and resubmission plus everything that’s happened over the last year I’d be shocked for it not to be given the green light. 

I don't see any way central government could go against such total local government opinion and public approval.

'Exciting' plans for L4

Cllr Hansen wowed a lot of people with his speech in the earlier application and he is speaking well again today.

He says: "A lot of developers in the city could learn a lot from the process you have gone through."

He also praises the work that Everton in the Community do, he says the work is 'incredible and something the club is riughtly proud of.'

He says this is reflected in what the club want to do in L4 - which he says is an exciting project.

'This is a responsible organisation working in a responsible manner.'

Great news, was expected but another major milestone reached. I am confident central government sign off is just a formality   - I am so looking forward to seeing that first spade in the ground.

Will just give everybody another lift and increase the feel good factor around the club.

A historically week indeed.

After watching this I felt the stadium is the wrong way round, that goal-end facing the river would look better. Also fan dispersal will be a nightmare with a big stand all having to come right round the stadium.

Not blown away by the stadium either. Got the main thing right though, stands look intimate to the pitch which is the main thing I'd want from the new stadium.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

After watching this I felt the stadium is the wrong way round, that goal-end facing the river would look better. Also fan dispersal will be a nightmare with a big stand all having to come right round the stadium.

Not blown away by the stadium either. Got the main thing right though, stands look intimate to the pitch which is the main thing I'd want from the new stadium.

I think its awesome mate. I just really hope they have a lighting effect to really ramp up the atmosphere. Lights go off, royal blue trim lightings light the stair cases and the top of the roofs, then the siren sounds. Would be electric