IGNORED

Elephant in the room

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Me too. That was very sobering. They didn’t seem to have to try very hard to score.

Our team was full of slow, weak and unmotivated players.

defence was awful, and I mean awful.

Midfield consisted of Gana... and some other toothless players.

feont three were half decent, but none can really make chances out of nothing.

Iy changed when Dominic came on, as he had a bit of hunger. But that’s what he is, a fighter. He’s going to challenge and win balls, but when he’s doing that, there’s no one to receive it off him.

Siggy? Don’t get him at all. Lot of money for a player that is a kind of average joe.

Schneiderlin? Not sure i can add anything that hasn’t been said. Adds nothing, takes away a lot.

Keane, so much of a pussy. Looks scared, and completely devoid of any self belief.

Sandro, looks so lightweight. Just gets pushed around so easily, and this was against Spanish opposition... prem players are gonna have a field day.

there really isn’t anything to draw a positive from 🙁

Midfield consisted of Gana, change your name to Jimmy Carr that's the best joke so far this season.

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Midfield consisted of Gana, change your name to Jimmy Carr that's the best joke so far this season.

Did you watch it? Seemed like he was getting applauded throughout the game. 

To b fair I think there was one guy that thought different in the stadium.

So you were there 😉

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Did you watch it? Seemed like he was getting applauded throughout the game. 

To b fair I think there was one guy that thought different in the stadium.

So you were there 😉

Seriously Shukes if he is the pinnacle of our aspirations we are well and truly fucked, him and Schneiderlin wouldn't get in the Swindon team there shite.

I wasn't there mate only saw 1st half and I thought Gana looked lacking in any footballing acumen at all, and Schneiderlin was no better, best description I can think of is what a couple of cunts.

Just now, Palfy said:

Seriously Shukes if he is the pinnacle of our aspirations we are well and truly fucked, him and Schneiderlin wouldn't get in the Swindon team there shite.

I wasn't there mate only saw 1st half and I thought Gana looked lacking in any footballing acumen at all, and Schneiderlin was no better, best description I can think of is what a couple of cunts.

Not saying his is what we need. Just that he was head and shoulders above Morgan and Siggy. 

However you rate Gana, it shows just how bad the other two actually are. Listening to people talk at the ground, most agree to.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Not saying his is what we need. Just that he was head and shoulders above Morgan and Siggy. 

However you rate Gana, it shows just how bad the other two actually are. Listening to people talk at the ground, most agree to.

Well fair enough mate if that's the general consensus so be it, I find it quite sad how far our expectations have dropped and what we are prepared to except as good.

Our midfield is fucking awful. Morgan is a prima Donna who knows how lucky he is to have earnt his money and wants to go to back to France to retire. Gana we bought from villa for seven million and is still worth that. Do u honestly think we have a chance against decent teams? They get past that last line of defence and they come against jags and Keane?. We have lost our identity big time 

34 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Holgate, I still think Keane will be good with a good partner.

I said it was unfair to pin our season hopes on Jag’s old legs and it’s equally unfair to do it Holgate. I think Holgate will become very capable but I’m not sure he is ready for a full season in a team that is looking at top half.

people accept this kind of performance because they have no memory of what the club was once capable of.  this is why they will settle for a 55,000 seater stadium, this is why they will not try to win the league and only try to get 7th place but will settle for survival again.

Only true Evertonians   feel this poor performance is not acceptable.  I hope Silva feels like a true toffee before too long or folks will be calling for his head soon too.  (sigh)

2 minutes ago, rubecula said:

people accept this kind of performance because they have no memory of what the club was once capable of.  this is why they will settle for a 55,000 seater stadium, this is why they will not try to win the league and only try to get 7th place but will settle for survival again.

Only true Evertonians   feel this poor performance is not acceptable.  I hope Silva feels like a true toffee before too long or folks will be calling for his head soon too.  (sigh)

Mental to call for his head or even mention it.

World Cup year has made transfers a nightmare. The two of them are cleaning out a lot of deadwood. Yes I think they should have kept Funes Mori until another replacement was confirmed. 

This year was never going to be an instant fix however we need to give him a chance to install his style. Martinez took over one of the best defensive teams and added flair which comprised defence completely. Silva has to rebuild the whole lot because of the incompetence before him!

18 minutes ago, Btay said:

Mental to call for his head or even mention it.

World Cup year has made transfers a nightmare. The two of them are cleaning out a lot of deadwood. Yes I think they should have kept Funes Mori until another replacement was confirmed. 

This year was never going to be an instant fix however we need to give him a chance to install his style. Martinez took over one of the best defensive teams and added flair which comprised defence completely. Silva has to rebuild the whole lot because of the incompetence before him!

I was with you until this point  all your points are valid except this one,  you appear happy to accept anything.  You are already making excuses for the upcoming abject failure you are preparing to accept.

we are Everton and our motto is NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM  why do fans not believe in this anymore?

14 minutes ago, rubecula said:

I was with you until this point  all your points are valid except this one,  you appear happy to accept anything.  You are already making excuses for the upcoming abject failure you are preparing to accept.

we are Everton and our motto is NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM  why do fans not believe in this anymore?

Doesn’t mean I’m happy, but I’m realistic. We did ourselves over last year by getting 6/7 players in and I don’t want to repeat that. 

Theres 16 teams in the league that would seem the season a failure on your merits. Although I respect that opinion and to an extent agree with it, we need to take steps to reach our end goal ( one that we both share ). We are closer to being Aston Villa than Spurs at the moment, I’m my opinion.

1 minute ago, Btay said:

Doesn’t mean I’m happy, but I’m realistic. We did ourselves over last year by getting 6/7 players in and I don’t want to repeat that. 

Theres 16 teams in the league that would seem the season a failure on your merits. Although I respect that opinion and to an extent agree with it, we need to take steps to reach our end goal ( one that we both share ). We are closer to being Aston Villa than Spurs at the moment, I’m my opinion.

I fully agree with you but we always fall short of expectations (only natural) but if this is the case we should set our sights at the highest possible result and if we fail to achieve it the backlash will cause the players, staff, directors and owner to do something.  I think that they will become lazy, lackadaisical and happy to sit back collecting the money that is coming their way.  This is why I want us to aim for top position ...

On 29/07/2018 at 09:43, Matt said:

The only debatable part is whether you were capable of doing basic maths 1/3rd of the way through the season. Not a matter of burying heads in sand, it was a matter of looking at 25 games and a transfer window to go. Simply because of that, we were never in a relegation fight at the time he was appointed. Then the added fact that there were multiple teams who were even worse than us (which says something, because we were shit). He came in and continued with shit results and even worse football than we had been playing. I  said at the time I’d panic in February, because there would be less points to play for and if the football was still as bad, then we would be in a relegation fight and that’s when I really did start getting nervous, because results didn’t improve much/if any and the football got worse by the game. 

Look, I said before the end of August that we’d fucked ourselves because of the amount of transfers, Koeman wasn’t remotely capable of dealing with the man management part and Walsh was out of his depth and comfort zone with the DoF roll. We should’ve kept Walsh on to be head scout working under Brands and gotten the best out of him, but oh well. 

My argument for the last manager causing so much trouble is the mental aspect, which is too easily dismissed by some. Hopefully I’m wrong, but there are already signs of his negativity causing issues. I’m just hoping Silva is as good as so many make out, because he’s got a lot of shit to untangle and I’m not convinced by him either. 

Edit. No idea why the phone changed the font size there, very strange. 

Also, apologies if I got a bit rowdy yesterday, it’s been bloody hot on the continent and it takes it toll!

😂😂😂 I have a HND in electronics and telecommunications and I’ve had a succesful 29 year career in the Royal Navy as an electronics technician so I think I can hand on heart state that I am more than capable of basic maths ! 

4 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

😂😂😂 I have a HND in electronics and telecommunications and I’ve had a succesful 29 year career in the Royal Navy as an electronics technician so I think I can hand on heart state that I am more than capable of basic maths ! 

I have a BSc in applied biology, I have served with the RAF and the RAMC  I started as an aircraft electrician in 1973 and I retired last year as an Avionics and Electrical technical supervisor,  but none of this grants me a bit of common sense.  for that you need to check my upbringing.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

So 87 points left and a transfer window concerned you?

No just the opposite in fact that gave me hope but what did hugely concern me was getting twatted every week by shite sides and being 2 points off the relegation zone and only 4 points off bottom place

Not to mention the equally woeful form in the cups. We  were clearly in a downward spiral and things were going from bad to worse 

The entire shape and look of the squad was all wrong , the players were totally demoralised , the vast majority of the players looked , and still do look , either incapable of improving or uninterested.  2 different manages with different tactics completely failed to get anything out of them ( 3 if you include Allardyce)

We had players getting sent home from training for having the wrong attitude 

it wasn’t as though we were only 5 or 6 games in and just having a poor start   We were 13 games in that’s nearly 35% of the season gone

if you don’t think all that has the hallmarks of a team facing relegation then fair play to you , but for me it has relegation written all over it

1 hour ago, rubecula said:

I have a BSc in applied biology, I have served with the RAF and the RAMC  I started as an aircraft electrician in 1973 and I retired last year as an Avionics and Electrical technical supervisor,  but none of this grants me a bit of common sense.  for that you need to check my upbringing.

I'm quite good at sums.

32 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

No just the opposite in fact that gave me hope but what did hugely concern me was getting twatted every week by shite sides and being 2 points off the relegation zone and only 4 points off bottom place

Not to mention the equally woeful form in the cups. We  were clearly in a downward spiral and things were going from bad to worse 

The entire shape and look of the squad was all wrong , the players were totally demoralised , the vast majority of the players looked , and still do look , either incapable of improving or uninterested.  2 different manages with different tactics completely failed to get anything out of them ( 3 if you include Allardyce)

We had players getting sent home from training for having the wrong attitude 

it wasn’t as though we were only 5 or 6 games in and just having a poor start   We were 13 games in that’s nearly 35% of the season gone

if you don’t think all that has the hallmarks of a team facing relegation then fair play to you , but for me it has relegation written all over it

Well we finished where? Clearly not relegation standards, though not through lack of trying I grant you. 

Being worried about relegation in November is absurd in my opinion; there was still so much to play for