IGNORED

Elephant in the room

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Points are subjective.

you could have 1 point 37 games in, but if there are 18 teams with 0 points..... your safe!

Fact is we weren’t in a relegation spot and there were much worse teams than us.

That's, btw, impossible.  Those 18 teams have also played each other (max one meeting of not playing) and someone's getting some points in every match.

32 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Eeeeeh I don't know. All these fancy qualifications and we still can't move on from the never was relegation battle of last year.

no battle  just admit I am itk and right, then move on  you can of course refer to me as the footballing god  I am bored here  lets just have a battle instead eh?

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Points are subjective.

you could have 1 point 37 games in, but if there are 18 teams with 0 points..... your safe!

Fact is we weren’t in a relegation spot and there were much worse teams than us.

Nice idea, but maths disagrees.  

Both myself and maths agree with the rest of the post though. 

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, Makis said:

That's, btw, impossible.  Those 18 teams have also played each other (max one meeting of not playing) and someone's getting some points in every match.

It’s not though. 

What happened was ....... the rest of the division fielded inelligable players and had points deducted.... honestly.

1 hour ago, Makis said:

You have just managed to complicate this a whole lot more, at this rate we are going to have to find a mathematical equation that Stephen Hawking would struggle to work out, and the best we’ve got is Shukes with his XBox😄

19 hours ago, Shukes said:

Points are subjective.

But we wouldn't be safe, because we'd have played those teams twice (and one of them once, maybe). If we had just one point, we'd be bottom (or possibly second from bottom). I assume you have no HND?

PS - I was only about 50 posts behind. Can you tell I was never good at homeworks?

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

But we wouldn't be safe, because we'd have played those teams twice (and one of them once, maybe). If we had just one point, we'd be bottom (or possibly second from bottom). I assume you have no HND?

PS - I was only about 50 posts behind. Can you tell I was never good at homeworks?

Only half of the teams could gain points though..... unless every single match was a draw I suppose.

CMI level 5 management.

First level Auditing.

City and Guilds carpentry and Joinery.

City and Guilds furniture making. French polishing.

aaand ended up a builder haha.

55 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Only half of the teams could gain points though..... unless every single match was a draw I suppose.

CMI level 5 management.

First level Auditing.

City and Guilds carpentry and Joinery.

City and Guilds furniture making. French polishing.

aaand ended up a builder haha.

Shukes you seriously a carpenter still actively swinging your hammer 🔨 or fireing your nail gun in this day and age. 

23 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

surprised all the pedantic types @Romey 1878 and @MikeO use the improper term "maths", the plural is mathematics.  maths is not a word.

"Neither abbreviation is correct or incorrect. You may hear arguments for one being superior to the other, and there are logical cases for both sides. One could argue maths is better because mathematics ends in s, and one could argue math is better because mathematics is just a mass noun that happens to end in s. In any case, English usage is rarely guided by logic, and these usage idiosyncrasies are often arbitrary. If you were raised in a part of the world where people say maths, then maths is correct for you, and the same is of course true of math. Don’t listen to anyone who says otherwise."

So just shut the fuck up:lol:.

http://grammarist.com/spelling/math-maths/

44 minutes ago, MikeO said:

"Neither abbreviation is correct or incorrect. You may hear arguments for one being superior to the other, and there are logical cases for both sides. One could argue maths is better because mathematics ends in s, and one could argue math is better because mathematics is just a mass noun that happens to end in s. In any case, English usage is rarely guided by logic, and these usage idiosyncrasies are often arbitrary. If you were raised in a part of the world where people say maths, then maths is correct for you, and the same is of course true of math. Don’t listen to anyone who says otherwise."

So just shut the fuck up:lol:.

http://grammarist.com/spelling/math-maths/

Make me 😜

I started this topic and as it stands I feel totally different. We get Bernard and a centre back (ideally two) I’d be really happy. Being greedy a midfielder and striker would top it all off. We could sell besic, Bolasie,Martina in this window and I reckon Morgan and maybe niasse would be an attractive option for foreign teams