IGNORED

The Kit Supplier Thread

EVERTON FC kit supplier if Umbro contract runs out after 2018-19 season  

19 members have voted

1. 1. who will be EVERTON FC kit supplier for 2019-2020 season?

• Keep Umbro
    • Kappa
    • Joma
    • Asics
    • Nike
    • Le Coq Sportif
    • Hummel

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Fantastic. A good looking kit but looks like being all style and no substance.

When I first arrived I was telling my mate how good the quality was for a baby kit. All the same detail on the fabric, inside the collar, the badges, even the nice trim on the sleeves. 
Only when I looked back at the photo I sent him I saw the badge was a mess, then looked closer. 
It’s very weird the the shirt itself is very good quality, but the Hummel and the club crest seem to be poor. 

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

There seems to be a bit of a problem with the new Hummel stuff - the badge being of very poor quality and falling off already.

Got mine and it seems good quality, the badge isn’t the usual embroidered, but it looks good quality. Though I haven't washed it yet so could easily go bad.

Ill tell you in three months, once it’s been washed!

6 hours ago, StevO said:

I bought a baby kit, the Hummel badge looks like it’s melted. 
I asked for an exchange and they said I would have to post it back to them (fanatics) they would inspect it and send a replacement if they agreed with my complaint. I had already sent very detailed and clear photos. 
In the end they offered a 10% refund and I took it because I can’t be bothered fighting with them. 

Can I help I love a good fight as you know 😁

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

To be honest, I am not sure I ever have. I’ll try that.

american shirts don't have embroidery.  we have screen printed everything.  all of them will be destoyred unless you turn them inside out.  it somehow protects it from melting.  also never use the dryer.  always line dry them.  those instructions come with every american sport jersey.

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

There seems to be a bit of a problem with the new Hummel stuff - the badge being of very poor quality and falling off already.

Shame really I love an embroidered badge, can you remember the silver one on the puma shirt 👌

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

american shirts don't have embroidery.  we have screen printed everything.  all of them will be destoyred unless you turn them inside out.  it somehow protects it from melting.  also never use the dryer.  always line dry them.  those instructions come with every american sport jersey.

Fuck me never thought we would get laundry advice on TT, what next makeup 💄 😂😂

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I saw it in Everton 2 the other day, I was really impressed with it, looks and quality wise. 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Are you turning the shirts inside out before washing them?  That’s what most uniform manufacturers recommend. 

Not quite understanding this point Mark. I put my shirts in the laundry basket and then they reappear clean in my wardrobe a few days later, is there another process involved?:huh:

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

7 year old kids break into my house and clean my clothes?!

i haven't had someone wash my clothes for me since i was a kid, i was insinuating you and mike are kids since you don't wash your own clothes.  i'm guessing the 2 of you have the wife do it for you, something i have and will never allow to happen.  my stuff my responsibility.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i haven't had someone wash my clothes for me since i was a kid, i was insinuating you and mike are kids since you don't wash your own clothes.  i'm guessing the 2 of you have the wife do it for you, something i have and will never allow to happen.  my stuff my responsibility.

Joking aside, you really wash your own stuff and let wife wash hers? That's insane. Do you have separate laundry baskets for the kids as well so they can do theirs?

Here, one laundry basket, three people, when it's full whoever fills it takes it downstairs and puts it all in the machine. I really can't see the logic of keeping laundry in 2/3/4 separate piles with everyone having individual reponsibility for their own. I'm baffled.

39 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Joking aside, you really wash your own stuff and let wife wash hers? That's insane. Do you have separate laundry baskets for the kids as well so they can do theirs?

Here, one laundry basket, three people, when it's full whoever fills it takes it downstairs and puts it all in the machine. I really can't see the logic of keeping laundry in 2/3/4 separate piles with everyone having individual reponsibility for their own. I'm baffled.

To be honest, we do exactly that. We actually have 4 baskets. Mine, really dirty/stinky stuff (ie my socks and the kitchen towels), “delicates” and the racist wash (whites only). 

don’t ask me why but we’re 10 days away from 10 years married, I’m not saying anything!

54 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Fuck me you got all high and mighty very quickly judging people on jokes. 

57 minutes ago, MikeO said:

yes 4 baskets, my kids are 6 and 3 too young to wash theirs.  i don't let me wife touch mine, never have.  i'm very particular about my stuff.

42 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

yes 4 baskets, my kids are 6 and 3 too young to wash theirs.  i don't let me wife touch mine, never have.  i'm very particular about my stuff.

Actually you may have a point, many years back wife destroyed my British Lions rugby shirt by putting it in the tumble dryer; when she realised she binned it and didn't own up for years. Our laundry practices may need review! However she does know better than to put an Everton shirt in the dryer.

Anyway, back on track, I may need to buy this one. Normally wait for the prices to come down so rarely pay full whack but think I'll make an exception this year. Josh already has one of these...

https://evertondirect.evertonfc.com/stores/everton/en/product/everton-training-jersey---navy/283747?categories=training

1 hour ago, Matt said:

To be honest, we do exactly that. We actually have 4 baskets. Mine, really dirty/stinky stuff (ie my socks and the kitchen towels), “delicates” and the racist wash (whites only). 

don’t ask me why but we’re 10 days away from 10 years married, I’m not saying anything!

But do you then take personal responsibility for washing/drying said stinky stuff? That's the question.

I remember when I was a kid my mum doing the wash in our old toploading definitely non-automatic machine (it lived under the stairs when not in use), including my (ex) litte brother's non-disposable nappies. Socks and pants were always hand washed with soap and hard brush.

Bill will be on shortly telling us how his mum did theirs on the rocks on the shores of the Mersey😂

22 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But do you then take personal responsibility for washing/drying said stinky stuff? That's the question.

I remember when I was a kid my mum doing the wash in our old toploading definitely non-automatic machine (it lived under the stairs when not in use), including my (ex) litte brother's non-disposable nappies. Socks and pants were always hand washed with soap and hard brush.

Bill will be on shortly telling us how his mum did theirs on the rocks on the shores of the Mersey😂

Most of the time. Depends who’s home the most. If I get the time, I just cycle through whichever pile needs doing. C does the same, but generally leaves my stuff alone because she’s very... particular, let’s say... about how some things get washed, dried and folded. So I grab whatever I can from either mine or stinkies and shove it in a basket, stick it in the wash then drier. If something gets ruined, doesn’t matter because I still wear it until it’s quite literally falling apart!

I’m five years married, and she does all the washing. No drier in our house though, she thinks they ruin clothes and that’s none of my business. 
She used to iron all of my clothes too, before we got married. One day I complained that she put two creases down the sleeve of a work shirt of mine. She hasn’t ironed a single thing of mine since. If I complain about it I can do it myself. I also have to always make the gravy, book holidays and do any driving when we are together. 
I don’t complain about anything anymore. 

She complains I don’t ever do the washing. Never seen her mount a tv on the wall, assemble furniture or do the garden though. 

If you’re reading this Mrs Stevo, love you 😘

9 hours ago, StevO said:

I’m five years married, and she does all the washing. No drier in our house though, she thinks they ruin clothes and that’s none of my business. 
She used to iron all of my clothes too, before we got married. One day I complained that she put two creases down the sleeve of a work shirt of mine. She hasn’t ironed a single thing of mine since. If I complain about it I can do it myself. I also have to always make the gravy, book holidays and do any driving when we are together. 
I don’t complain about anything anymore. 

She complains I don’t ever do the washing. Never seen her mount a tv on the wall, assemble furniture or do the garden though. 

If you’re reading this Mrs Stevo, love you 😘

Any married bloke could have told you this is how it works in every marriage !

14 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Any married bloke could have told you this is how it works in every marriage !

You’d think my Dad would have given me the heads up wouldn’t you? Turns out he’s a master at getting my Mum to do all the cleaning and I’m just not up to his level.