IGNORED

The Kit Supplier Thread

EVERTON FC kit supplier if Umbro contract runs out after 2018-19 season  

19 members have voted

1. 1. who will be EVERTON FC kit supplier for 2019-2020 season?

• Keep Umbro
    • Kappa
    • Joma
    • Asics
    • Nike
    • Le Coq Sportif
    • Hummel

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Rumours that we'll be returning to NEC as our shirt sponsor too.

They still exist?! 

edit: apparently so and they’re doing very well for themselves. I thought they may be linked with Usmanov but not that I can see (also read about some of Usmanovs philanthropy, was pleasant reading)

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s almost double the SportPesa deal apparently. Which show just how shite that was.

And MJB, I highly doubt Matt was thinking we could get as much as those clubs. He’ll have been comparing us to the likes of West Ham I’d have thought. 

£9m is at least 33% more than West Ham's deal is worth according to this, still a long way of the others of course.

https://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers-kit-deal-dwarfed-by-top-six/

32 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s almost double the SportPesa deal apparently. Which show just how shite that was.

And MJB, I highly doubt Matt was thinking we could get as much as those clubs. He’ll have been comparing us to the likes of West Ham I’d have thought. 

Yeah, I wasn’t comparing us to the Arsenal Puma deal or the other rich clubs. 

Romey, maybe I misread but changing from Umbro to Hummel isn’t the same as the SP deal. If NEC come in I’d hope it’s a lot more than that! 

Seems to be £9m instead of £6m with Umbro, but still very low compared to others, though I guess those deals are what we should aspire to. 

39 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

double?  ouch, elstone what a lump

36 minutes ago, MikeO said:

£4m-£5m per year according to that Guardian article.

damning to say the least

25 minutes ago, MikeO said:

£9m is at least 33% more than West Ham's deal is worth according to this, still a long way of the others of course.

https://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers-kit-deal-dwarfed-by-top-six/

well that's good news

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Romey, maybe I misread but changing from Umbro to Hummel isn’t the same as the SP deal. If NEC come in I’d hope it’s a lot more than that! 

Seems to be £9m instead of £6m with Umbro, but still very low compared to others, though I guess those deals are what we should aspire to. 

We should aspire to get the most we can but to double our existing deal has to be seen as good business. I know we all love the club but we haven’t won anything since 95, aren’t in Europe and not competing yet right at the top. I’d look to see that we are getting market value or better as before I think we were away off. I’d be interested in seeing what Leicester get.  

58 minutes ago, barryj said:

We should aspire to get the most we can but to double our existing deal has to be seen as good business. I know we all love the club but we haven’t won anything since 95, aren’t in Europe and not competing yet right at the top. I’d look to see that we are getting market value or better as before I think we were away off. I’d be interested in seeing what Leicester get.  

Difficult to find a definitive figure for their five year Adidas deal that started the season before this but the consensus I found on their forums is that it's worth around £4m a year; quite an increase from the £1m they were getting from Puma but still a long way behind us. We are clearly the most attractive club outside of the "big" six just now.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I meant Umbro but put SportPesa because shirt sponsorship was on my brain, sorry!

11 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

I have the salmon and navy stripe shirt, will dig it out!

So do I, love that shirt. I bought it after the Wimbledon game in '94, was down at my parents in Somerset and a sports shop in Wells had one left in my size and I'd promised myself I'd go and buy it if we were relegated, just to show I was still keeping the faith. When we won I thought "fuck it" and got in the car and bought it anyway on the very day, just got there before they closed. Prized possession.

20 hours ago, Matt said:

They still exist?! 

edit: apparently so and they’re doing very well for themselves. I thought they may be linked with Usmanov but not that I can see (also read about some of Usmanovs philanthropy, was pleasant reading)

There is a working relationship between NEC and Megafon apparently. Think that's probably where the rumour has come from and could be bollocks :lol:.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

There is a working relationship between NEC and Megafon apparently. Think that's probably where the rumour has come from and could be bollocks :lol:.

Seems to have been the case for years though, that they’ve worked together I mean, so there’s a solid history there and nothing “dodgy” that I can see. Could actually be something in it. 

On 21/05/2020 at 17:17, MikeO said:

Difficult to find a definitive figure for their five year Adidas deal that started the season before this but the consensus I found on their forums is that it's worth around £4m a year; quite an increase from the £1m they were getting from Puma but still a long way behind us. We are clearly the most attractive club outside of the "big" six just now.

I also looked but it seems all Adidas deals are undisclosed. At least we won’t get an off the hanger product. 

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Looks like we are losing the Angry birds logo on the sleeve, all I can think is thank fuck for that I personally hated it. 

I'm in the camp that couldn't care less what the main/sleeve sponsors are, so long as they pay the most amount of money. The reported figure for Angry Birds was £3m, so anything over that would be a step in the right direction. 

For what it's worth, Angry Birds was as purely text generated logo, so much better than some of the more "notable" sponsors out there. 

USM next, please. 

36 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I'm in the camp that couldn't care less what the main/sleeve sponsors are, so long as they pay the most amount of money. The reported figure for Angry Birds was £3m, so anything over that would be a step in the right direction. 

For what it's worth, Angry Birds was as purely text generated logo, so much better than some of the more "notable" sponsors out there. 

USM next, please. 

You know what I’m going to suggest to Denise that the first year should be given to the NHS, as a tribute to the all the NHS staff and carers in Liverpool and surrounding area’s. 
That’s the sort of gesture that would be fitting for Everton. 

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You know what I’m going to suggest to Denise that the first year should be given to the NHS, as a tribute to the all the NHS staff and carers in Liverpool and surrounding area’s. 

That’s a great idea. A portion of the shirt sales could then go to NHS supported charities 

28 minutes ago, StevO said:

I love the idea, but they will go for whoever pays the most money. I’m sure of that. 

It's probably a done deal in all likelihood anyway but if the new partner could be persuaded to defer for a season imagine the goodwill it'd buy for them and I'm sure sales would go through the roof. Chang/Sport Pesa have allowed us to use EITC branded shirts in the past so it's not unprecedented even if those have just been for occasional games.

I agree that it's unlikely to happen but it'd be a win/win/win for the sponsor, the club and the NHS imo so I'd love to see us investigating the possibility.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Harry Kane has bought Leyton Orient's sponsorship to do similar. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/amp/52577524

19 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

“Timing is perfect as it is the 50th anniversary of Club legend Alan Ball introducing hummel to the UK market with his legendary white boots. A true legend! “

White away kit it is then!

Yes please 

• 1 month later...