IGNORED

The Kit Supplier Thread

EVERTON FC kit supplier if Umbro contract runs out after 2018-19 season  

19 members have voted

1. 1. who will be EVERTON FC kit supplier for 2019-2020 season?

• Keep Umbro
    • Kappa
    • Joma
    • Asics
    • Nike
    • Le Coq Sportif
    • Hummel

4 hours ago, StevO said:

You’d think my Dad would have given me the heads up wouldn’t you? Turns out he’s a master at getting my Mum to do all the cleaning and I’m just not up to his level. 

Do it once and do a bad job - won't have to worry about being asked to do it again then

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

:lol: 

I still haven't bought the home shirt. I'm quite wary to be honest - the amount of money they cost and it's a shitty stick on badge!

I bought my daughter the home kit for her birthday and it’s spot on tbf. I think the problems have been with the training gear, which is a pity because it looks great and I was going to get a few bits but I’ve been put off by the bad press

I reckon they will have lost a lot of business over this, will be interesting to see what the uptake is on the away kit when that goes on sale

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

How many on here have had issues as the club are saying less than 10 cases. Are people just accepting they're a bit shoddy or is it just one offs? 

Got the home shirt and have washed it once so far. Not one bit of wear on it at all. I’m worried to wash it anymore though haha.

I had to send my home shirt back, nothing to do with Hummel but whoever had put on the Premier League badge had put it right up on the shoulder. 

I like the new home shirt, but it's so obvious that corners are being cut across the board. The Premier League badges used to be stiched into the shirt, yet are now stick on and the badge is the same. I get that companies want to get a product out as cheap as possible but the quality has got worse and the price has stayed the same.

I'm part of the problem, as I can't help buying the home shirt every year (the wife treats me to one each season and I'm not breaking that tradition) but it's frustrating none the least.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I really thought Hummel would put some effort into our kits seeing as we're one of their biggest clients and they usually do bespoke kits, but we've just got a template.

It's pathetic really.

This. 
I like both skits so far, simple and clean. But seeing that they are both the same template is a bit poor. Then seeing pretty much all of their kits are the same just makes it worse. 
And it’s a shame because they do look great. 

I like the green and the pink goalie kits too. 

Hoping they use proper blue numbers on the away kit, and yellow numbers on the shorts. If they use black or navy on the shirts, and white on the shorts, it’ll just do my head in. 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Hummel have gone to extra lengths here by weaving the sound bar to the Toffees’ anthem, Z-Cars, into their new shirts for 2020-21. Sound, that is.

Eh?

Seriously though, is that what the sound wave is? I’d asked when I saw it but there was no explanation 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Seriously though, is that what the sound wave is? I’d asked when I saw it but there was no explanation 

The "sound wave" effect on the'keepers shirt is most definitely not a musical sound wave. Musical sound waves have curved peaks and troughs and the shirts have pointed ones so if that was their intent someone's fucked up.

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

The "sound wave" effect on the'keepers shirt is most definitely not a musical sound wave. Musical sound waves have curved peaks and troughs and the shirts have pointed ones so if that was their intent someone's fucked up.

That’s what I thought 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i believe the "sound wave" is actually what the sound looks like through a graphic generator.  basically it parses it up into different blocks of frequences on the X axis, Y axis is loudness.  

If you look at music on an oscilloscope and switch to x and y axis mode you're then looking at the "phase" of the music and how the two stereo channels are acting on each other. The display needs to be diagonally bottom left to top right in its overall action, if it's the other way round (bottom right to top left) you're "out of phase" and have wiring problems. On a mono recording you'll have a totally straight line differing only length according to amplitude. I knew my past life would come back and be useful again one day👍

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

If you look at music on an oscilloscope and switch to x and y axis mode you're then looking at the "phase" of the music and how the two stereo channels are acting on each other. The display needs to be diagonally bottom left to top right in its overall action, if it's the other way round (bottom right to top left) you're "out of phase" and have wiring problems. On a mono recording you'll have a totally straight line differing only length according to amplitude. I knew my past life would come back and be useful again one day👍

I understand that’s not what I’m talking about.

there are various programs that take sound and make a visual “art” out of it continually moving/pulsing/etc with the wavelength.  This is what they have done.  Put it into one of those that generates bars.  

the old Winamp program used to have one of these.  Windows media player as well.  They do it at concerts on the screen behind them too a lot.

5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

I understand that’s not what I’m talking about.

there are various programs that take sound and make a visual “art” out of it continually moving/pulsing/etc with the wavelength.  This is what they have done.  Put it into one of those that generates bars.  

the old Winamp program used to have one of these.  Windows media player as well.  They do it at concerts on the screen behind them too a lot.

I know what you mean like the iTunes visualisation screen but that's just pretend and not "weaving the sound bar" into the shirt in any way, shape or form. So it's bullshit.