IGNORED

New season ahead

When he’s playing in Colombia on a Tuesday and we are playing on a Saturday. It’s going to have an effect on him. He can’t speak much English as Keane said in an article this week so that has a bearing on a centre back relationship. Just think we are well short. If Keane gets injured or suspensions happen we are going to get torn apart 

58 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

When he’s playing in Colombia on a Tuesday and we are playing on a Saturday. It’s going to have an effect on him.

Nah, these people don't travel like us mere mortals; first class luxury each way just like having a nice kip at home. Have you seen the "seats" (bigger than my first flat some of them) people have to "suffer" nowadays? Not a problem.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Nah, these people don't travel like us mere mortals; first class luxury each way just like having a nice kip at home. Have you seen the "seats" (bigger than my first flat some of them) people have to "suffer" nowadays? Not a problem.

A comfy seat on a plane is no solution for jet lag though, it’d still take several days to get back on track. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

A comfy seat on a plane is no solution for jet lag though, it’d still take several days to get back on track. 

I'm talking full on beds not comfy seats; any number of South American players manage OK, why will Yeri be different?

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I'm talking full on beds not comfy seats; any number of South American players manage OK, why will Yeri be different?

Might hate flying? No idea what time the flight is either, so he may not be able to sleep even if it’s a queen sized bed. This is coming from a long term insomniac who hates flying mind you :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

This has turned into a thread about us but it started as a thread about the whole league. Now the window is done what does everyone think? Who you think will go down? Who will challenge the top six? Who has been the Best Buy etc?

I’ll have to have a look tomorrow at who went where. Decent overview of all the transfers for the league here though

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/GB1

14 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

This has turned into a thread about us but it started as a thread about the whole league. Now the window is done what does everyone think? Who you think will go down? Who will challenge the top six? Who has been the Best Buy etc?

City

Spurs

Shite

Everton

Arsenal

Wolves

United

Chelsea

Leicester

Down

Newcastle

Sheff

Villa

So, another young and promising attacker to finish the window with. Keeps the average age around 24 right? If we exclude Coleman, Gylfi and Walcott. That’s a base for the next 3-4 years and maybe some prolonged stability after years of uncertainty :o 

We really need to be patient as fans this year, that’s going to be vital. This season is, as I’ve said before, the stabilising season after a season of damage control. I think we’ll be 6-8th but I’m expecting big things for the season after. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

GK Pickford Lossl Stek

LB Digne Baines

CB Keane Holgate

CB Mina Gibson

RB Coleman Sidibe

DM Gbamin Morgan Beni

CM Gomes Delph

LW Bernard Iwobi

AM Gylfi Davies

RW Richarlison Walcott

ST DCL Kean Tosun

That is the look of the squad there i expect players i didn't mention to be loaned 

I agree with all of that apart from Beni. No sign of him getting in that midfield at all. The way we play the two in the middle he has to get Gomes, Delph, Gbamin, Davies and Schneiderlin ahead of him. 

Oh, and Davies isn’t a number ten. 

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

I agree with all of that apart from Beni. No sign of him getting in that midfield at all. The way we play the two in the middle he has to get Gomes, Delph, Gbamin, Davies and Schneiderlin ahead of him. 

Oh, and Davies isn’t a number ten. 

that is where silva plays davies, he subs gylfi and puts davies up there.  beni could well be loaned or morgan sold and beni is 4th choice cm.  i'm just putting the people on there to show depth.

13 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm excited about the young team.  building for a team to compete for years not just flash in the pans.  like matt said there will be patience required, but i have faith we are finally on the right track with Brands and Silva.  i haven't felt this excited since Martinez first year. 

That last line sums up my feelings too. Just hope, that since Silva has had a season now, that he doesn’t do a Martinez and try and change everything overnight otherwise patience will quickly  dissipate 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

that is where silva plays davies, he subs gylfi and puts davies up there.  beni could well be loaned or morgan sold and beni is 4th choice cm.  i'm just putting the people on there to show depth.

He takes off Gylfi and brings Davies on, but then Davies moves in with the other two midfielders and the pattern of play changes. Davies is competing for a place in the two midfield positions, not the number ten position. It’s juts not his game to play up there.

I agree with the depth, but take Beni out of there and we still have depth. The kid isn’t even close to getting in Silvas team.