IGNORED

New season ahead

25 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Bellend Adrian Durham on talksport saying our season is over because we’ve sold gana. They are doing an hour on us. Might ring up

Adrian Durham and TalkSport literally base their whole station on winding people up and getting them to have a meltdown on air. I was listening a few days ago and they had an Aston Villa fan on there saying that they would get the top four this season due to the signings they'd made. 

Durham himself has been banging on about West Ham being "nailed on" for the top four for ages. It's all just to get people rattled and call up, there's no actual intelligence or substance to his ramblings. 

19 hours ago, pete0 said:

Looking at the big chances missed to scored DCL held his own. He also brings the other players into the game whereas Richarlison is more selfish. 

How can you be inconsistent across such a short period. He started when Gomes was getting fit (6 of the first 8), 1 over Christmas, and then 4 matches when Gana had his head wobbled. From memory he was motm on here for two of those last 4. He deserved to keep his place, especially with Gana pushing for a move and him and Gomes not working. Kenny was motm one game played the next then dropped. Any excuse the kids get dropped straight away without given a chance to rectify. It's poor management. 

DCL misses more than he scores. I dont disagree that he can bring people into play more than Richarlison but we needed goals and we werent scoring more or doing any better at that point with him or Tosun. It also allowed us to get games into Bernard with Walcott on the other side.

Davies is always inconsistent, are you really suggesting he isnt? He is more inconsistent the deeper he plays too. Gana and Gomes did work though and that was a big part of the reason we improved later in the season. You cant just keep chopping and changing every game because someone had a crap game. Kenny also came in to give Coleman a rest. He hadnt taken his spot, it was a chance for the latter to refill his batteries and it worked. If anything its excellent management to be able to get someone in to do well while your starter rests and then when that starter comes back into the team they play their best football of the season. 

Anyway its pointless arguing about this because you seem too keen to see the negative in Silva that it isnt worth repeating the same points.

54 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Ha ha I know 🤦🏿‍♂️ Think Petes grandad just been on. 68 year old rang up and said he would have give gana away on a free he was the crap 😂

Just posted that in one of the other Gana threads (not that that narrows it down). I thought that bloke that called in was Pete0! 🤣🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

DCL misses more than he scores. I dont disagree that he can bring people into play more than Richarlison but we needed goals and we werent scoring more or doing any better at that point with him or Tosun. It also allowed us to get games into Bernard with Walcott on the other side.

Davies is always inconsistent, are you really suggesting he isnt? He is more inconsistent the deeper he plays too. Gana and Gomes did work though and that was a big part of the reason we improved later in the season. You cant just keep chopping and changing every game because someone had a crap game. Kenny also came in to give Coleman a rest. He hadnt taken his spot, it was a chance for the latter to refill his batteries and it worked. If anything its excellent management to be able to get someone in to do well while your starter rests and then when that starter comes back into the team they play their best football of the season. 

Anyway its pointless arguing about this because you seem too keen to see the negative in Silva that it isnt worth repeating the same points.

Aguero aside DCL held his own in comparison to other strikers goals scored to big chances missed. 

The Davies inconsistent argument is just odd. He only got a game when the others weren't available, which is poor management considering he needs minutes to develop and it wasn't like the two in midfield were doing enough to justify their spot. Davies came in and played well (2 motm out of 4 games), he wasn't dropped because of consistency, he was dropped as the Gana episode was over. Similarly for Kenny he needs minutes and Coleman wasn't setting the world alight either. 

Was gonna reply but I'd just be repeating my last post so I might as well just quite myself again. 

21 hours ago, pete0 said:

Looking at the big chances missed to scored DCL held his own. He also brings the other players into the game whereas Richarlison is more selfish. 

How can you be inconsistent across such a short period. He started when Gomes was getting fit (6 of the first 8), 1 over Christmas, and then 4 matches when Gana had his head wobbled. From memory he was motm on here for two of those last 4. He deserved to keep his place, especially with Gana pushing for a move and him and Gomes not working. Kenny was motm one game played the next then dropped. Any excuse the kids get dropped straight away without given a chance to rectify. It's poor management. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Aguero aside DCL held his own in comparison to other strikers goals scored to big chances missed. 

The Davies inconsistent argument is just odd. He only got a game when the others weren't available, which is poor management considering he needs minutes to develop and it wasn't like the two in midfield were doing enough to justify their spot. Davies came in and played well (2 motm out of 4 games), he wasn't dropped because of consistency, he was dropped as the Gana episode was over. Similarly for Kenny he needs minutes and Coleman wasn't setting the world alight either. 

Was gonna reply but I'd just be repeating my last post so I might as well just quite myself again. 

Seems like Silva made the right choice in playing Gana and Coleman over Davies and Kenny, as the former really came into form the second half of the season. 

8 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Seems like Silva made the right choice in playing Gana and Coleman over Davies and Kenny, as the former really came into form the second half of the season. 

Did either make the difference in any of the games? 

Gana cost us against Fulham in a manner no professional should. 

6 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

It’s a team game pal. 

Exactly. There's more than just Gana. We've had a huge downgrade in Gana yet still managing to finish 8th. Imagine we had a McCarthy, Fellaini, or Arteta in there instead of him, we'd have cracked the ceiling or at least been knocking. 

9 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Exactly. There's more than just Gana. We've had a huge downgrade in Gana yet still managing to finish 8th. Imagine we had a McCarthy, Fellaini, or Arteta in there instead of him, we'd have cracked the ceiling or at least been knocking. 

Arteta is a Gomes type player not great at tackling.

McCarthy would spend 1/3 of the season injured.

Fellaini would spend most games nursing a yellow card, and about 5/6 games suspended.

tonight show mic drop GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

16 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Arteta is a Gomes type player not great at tackling.

McCarthy would spend 1/3 of the season injured.

Fellaini would spend most games nursing a yellow card, and about 5/6 games suspended.

tonight show mic drop GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

You must have the shortest memory of any fan. Arteta is a good tackler and gets stuck in. He is similar to Gomes who also used to play further up before coming to us. Arteta was a great pivot, with Carsley sitting. Then Arteta sat and Fellaini was box to box. 

Because Gana doesn't get a yellow. 

As for McCarthy he got injured giving his all for the club, something Gana only put the effort in when PSG come knocking (even then he half arsedly jogged back). 

Piss poor argument, clutching at best. Gana's not a patch on any of them, unless not risking injury because you're not trying hard enough is a talent. 

12 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Pete I like your posts in all honestly but what’s gonna happen now? Gana is gone? It’s gonna be a silva hunt isn’t it? Thats it now? That’s the agenda? Can you channel yourself in a positive way?

I'm positive about Brands and have supported every player who gives their all and takes responsibility. Think it's a joke the way some of our fans are going on about a bloke who didn't even try his best, offered nothing going forward (actually worse than nothing, he stifled our attacks) and defensively was all over the shop. Nevermind forcing the move. 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

You must have the shortest memory of any fan. Arteta is a good tackler and gets stuck in. He is similar to Gomes who also used to play further up before coming to us. Arteta was a great pivot, with Carsley sitting. Then Arteta sat and Fellaini was box to box. 

Because Gana doesn't get a yellow. 

As for McCarthy he got injured giving his all for the club, something Gana only put the effort in when PSG come knocking (even then he half arsedly jogged back). 

Piss poor argument, clutching at best. Gana's not a patch on any of them, unless not risking injury because you're not trying hard enough is a talent. 

Arteta played mostly on the wing for us, and if you compare his tackling stats to Gana's then there is only one winner, and its not Arteta. I love Arteta he is one of my all time favorite players, he always be the best little Spaniard we know, but he is not a destroyer like Gana.

McCarthy did his hamstrings with us, then properly fucked them up reporting for Ireland duty when he was told it would seriously damage them in the long term. 

I have never, never seen Gana pull out of a tackle or leave anything on the pitch, he always gave his all, one of the reasons he is so loved by the vast majority of Everton fans.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Arteta played mostly on the wing for us, and if you compare his tackling stats to Gana's then there is only one winner, and its not Arteta. I love Arteta he is one of my all time favorite players, he always be the best little Spaniard we know, but he is not a destroyer like Gana.

McCarthy did his hamstrings with us, then properly fucked them up reporting for Ireland duty when he was told it would seriously damage them in the long term. 

I have never, never seen Gana pull out of a tackle or leave anything on the pitch, he always gave his all, one of the reasons he is so loved by the vast majority of Everton fans.

Show me his positioning stats, oh wait. How many tackles does the best centre mids take? I've no idea why people cling to it to the tackle stats, who looks at a player and asks how many tackles he makes. You should be looking at his positioning, how he makes the tackle/(or even should they make the tackle), how strong they are in it, what happens to the ball after it. Many factors, most of which are ignored by Gana's mindless ball chasing. 

Doesn't mean he wasn't a very good player before his injury. Nearly every position has been improved on, unfortunately cm isn't one of them. Gana can't hold a candle to any of them. 

His tacked lack conviction, he gets his foot on it but doesn't make its his, (Keane and Schneiderlin both guilty of this as well). Even some of his biggest fans have said about his running back lacking urgency. Also he upped his effort after the PSG bid, so before then he'd been playing within his comfort zone not giving his all for two and a half years. 

If these new runours come out true.

Keane, Gbamin and lemina, then i think my optimism is going to rocket a bit. Seems like the team have been working hard to find targets and have found the right ones so far. We need a solid defender now and possible a right back.

But that should hopefully solve our attacking issues.

Of course it’s a big IF, they come through as team.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

If these new runours come out true.

Keane, Gbamin and lemina, then i think my optimism is going to rocket a bit. Seems like the team have been working hard to find targets and have found the right ones so far. We need a solid defender now and possible a right back.

But that should hopefully solve our attacking issues.

Of course it’s a big IF, they come through as team.

Mr positive as always 🤮😜