IGNORED

New season ahead

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Surprises me that so many think we can achieve top 6 with Keane, Mina and Holgate as our only recognised CBs. 

Definitely short in that position.

Gbamin played 11 games at CB 2 season ago but has predominantly played DM. Maybe they feel that’s just enough until January and are hoping Zouma hasn’t played for chelsea enough. I don’t know, definitely a risk.

Today’s OS has a piece in which Silva announces that Schneiderlin is staying at Everton.  Which begs the question: are Mirallas, Martina, Niasse, Bolasie, and Tosun “staying at Everton”?  Still a few weeks to find some takers on a free transfer in European leagues?  Bolasie seems to have turned down a move to Zenit, owing to concerns about their fans’ racism.

Would we prefer to sell Tosun, or is he our 3d-choice striker who might play some in cup matches?  Any of the others?  Will we hear another word about any of Mirallas, Niasse, Bolasie, or Martina, even the standard, “X is fighting for his place in the squad”?

I can understand why there’s still a glimmer of hope about Tosun.  My view is that if Niasse came on in the 70th minute of 15 matches, he’d score 3-4 goals and get us a few points.  I’d understand if on that scenario I’m a minority of one.

Think we'll have a weak start to the season to be honest, but will pick up after a bit of a settling in period after the coming and going of players. I feel we'll see more from Bernard and think he may be the one to up his game and stand out the Blues. Although I have us finishing in 7th place, I really believe we'll end up nearer the 10th spot. But what do I know about football? F*ck all is what.

102865642_2019-20LeagueTable.jpg.b8c98dc8bfd59678f969a38b213703c6.jpg

14 hours ago, Aidan said:

Surprises me that so many think we can achieve top 6 with Keane, Mina and Holgate as our only recognised CBs. 

I am worried that the first two are both a bit too slow and cumbersome, especially in an attacking system like Silva's. We could get ripped apart on the counter if we aren't clever.

13 hours ago, StevO said:

He takes off Gylfi and brings Davies on, but then Davies moves in with the other two midfielders and the pattern of play changes. Davies is competing for a place in the two midfield positions, not the number ten position. It’s juts not his game to play up there.

I agree he plays in a different way, but not by loads. He drops in deeper than Siggy but he is still noticeably the one drifting between the lines of defenders when he comes on. 

4 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Today’s OS has a piece in which Silva announces that Schneiderlin is staying at Everton.  Which begs the question: are Mirallas, Martina, Niasse, Bolasie, and Tosun “staying at Everton”?  Still a few weeks to find some takers on a free transfer in European leagues?  Bolasie seems to have turned down a move to Zenit, owing to concerns about their fans’ racism.

Would we prefer to sell Tosun, or is he our 3d-choice striker who might play some in cup matches?  Any of the others?  Will we hear another word about any of Mirallas, Niasse, Bolasie, or Martina, even the standard, “X is fighting for his place in the squad”?

I can understand why there’s still a glimmer of hope about Tosun.  My view is that if Niasse came on in the 70th minute of 15 matches, he’d score 3-4 goals and get us a few points.  I’d understand if on that scenario I’m a minority of one.

Agree. Bolasie and Mirallas can leave, don't see them contributing in a meaningful way.  Tosun and Niasse should stay barring a very good offer for one. 

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

Ha ha wish I'd of pasted it earlier, but it seems to change with the betting this is different to yours. 😁

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/29329/11780224/predicted-premier-league-table-201920-matt-le-tissiers-verdict-ahead-of-opening-game

There's two different ones there Bill; the first is open for public vote so liable to change and the second one is Le Tis's prediction which presumably stays the same.