IGNORED

Carabao Cup

MikeO

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

It shouldn't do. But as already said 7th gets you Europe and I'd much rather go through that way as 7th gives you more money and prestige than winning a reserves competition. 

But it does, so comparing it to a preseason competition is just ridiculous, since the outcomes are completely different.

33 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

😂 😂😂😂I think maybe you have been down the ale house!

I did say at the outset it’s all about opinions so I will leave it at that

I'm from North Liverpool we don't bother with rugby. But as always when you can't fathom something you look outwards for an excuse for your own inability to see where another's opinion is coming from. 

32 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

But it does, so comparing it to a preseason competition is just ridiculous, since the outcomes are completely different.

Do teams take it seriously or use it more as a fitness? Arsenal and Liverpool both put out teams with eleven changes. 

Would you go the bus tour if we won? 

21 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Would you rather finish 8th than win the league cup?

Given a choice of the league Cup or one place higher in the league I'd pick the league every time unless we finished 19th or 20th.

The league has more money and more prestige. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

I'm from North Liverpool we don't bother with rugby. But as always when you can't fathom something you look outwards for an excuse for your own inability to see where another's opinion is coming from. 

Do teams take it seriously or use it more as a fitness? Arsenal and Liverpool both put out teams with eleven changes. 

Would you go the bus tour if we won? 

Given a choice of the league Cup or one place higher in the league I'd pick the league every time unless we finished 19th or 20th.

I’m also from North Liverpool and plenty of us do like rugby but it’s good that you admit you can’t fathom what’s going on, think you need to take yourself off to a dark corner and reflect on what you’ve been saying today, the world will seem a nicer place tomorrow 😉

30 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I’m also from North Liverpool and plenty of us do like rugby but it’s good that you admit you can’t fathom what’s going on, think you need to take yourself off to a dark corner and reflect on what you’ve been saying today, the world will seem a nicer place tomorrow 😉

Maybe in your day. The four main fields I played on, Jeffrey Humble (Aintree), Joe Stone (Fazakerley), and St Kev and Simonswood (Kirkby) had one rugby pitch between than and that was used for football. 

No need for a dark corner. Seriously risk breaking a brain cell and try and understand someone else's point of view for once.

11 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Maybe in your day. The four main fields I played on, Jeffrey Humble (Aintree), Joe Stone (Fazakerley), and St Kev and Simonswood (Kirkby) had one rugby pitch between than and that was used for football. 

No need for a dark corner. Seriously risk breaking a brain cell and try and understand someone else's point of view for once.

Sorry I must have been away on holiday when you canvased the entire North Liverpool area about their opinion on rugby, it must just be me who likes it so I stand corrected , although everyone in the Sefton Rugby Club appeared to enjoy the semi-final last weekend 😀

Believe me I really have tried to understand your opinion but it is totally beyond my comprehension why any Evertonian wouldn’t want us to win a trophy , which was kind of the point of my original post 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Sorry I must have been away on holiday when you canvased the entire North Liverpool area about their opinion on rugby, it must just be me who likes it so I stand corrected , although everyone in the Sefton Rugby Club appeared to enjoy the semi-final last weekend 😀

Believe me I really have tried to understand your opinion but it is totally beyond my comprehension why any Evertonian wouldn’t want us to win a trophy , which was kind of the point of my original post 🤷🏻‍♂️

You're twice my age. No one my age is arsed about it round here. Any how, point is one of us wasn't drinking. 

Mustn't be trying hard as I've repeated myself countless times. It's hardly a trophy worth celebrating, it's closer to a preseason level of prestige. Teams play their reserves in it, and I would be embarrassed if we won it and made a hooha about it given other teams don't even try.

League Cup for most fans is a cheaper option to get the kids to a game or if an away a midweek piss up, nothing more. Also pretty sure a few on here have referred to it as a burden for themselves getting there as its mid week and not a full side. 

One league place is more money and more prestige. Surely you'd rather that than a poxy mickey mouse cup? 

35 minutes ago, pete0 said:

You're twice my age. No one my age is arsed about it round here. Any how, point is one of us wasn't drinking. 

Mustn't be trying hard as I've repeated myself countless times. It's hardly a trophy worth celebrating, it's closer to a preseason level of prestige. Teams play their reserves in it, and I would be embarrassed if we won it and made a hooha about it given other teams don't even try.

League Cup for most fans is a cheaper option to get the kids to a game or if an away a midweek piss up, nothing more. Also pretty sure a few on here have referred to it as a burden for themselves getting there as its mid week and not a full side. 

One league place is more money and more prestige. Surely you'd rather that than a poxy mickey mouse cup? 

I’ve no clue what you’re age is ( I’m defo older than 22 though ) but I do know you’re chatting shit . If it was only people my age why are kids playing rugby ? Why do rugby clubs still exist ? Even if it was only me who likes it ( and it’s not ) that  still makes your statement wrong 

I agree rugby is probably a minority sport in most areas of LIverpool  but you really need to learn to separate fact from fiction, your opinion is just that ( an opinion ) it’s not fact

So here are some tips to try and help you out 

Facts

Some people in North Liverpool do like rugby

The League Cup is a domestic trophy that goes on the clubs honours list

Finishing anywhere other than first in the league does not

Fiction/ Opinion

The Caraboa  Cup is closer to a preseason level of prestige

For most fans it’s just cheap tickets for the kid or a piss up 

Its not a trophy worth celebrating 

36 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I’ve no clue what you’re age is ( I’m defo older than 22 though ) but I do know you’re chatting shit . If it was only people my age why are kids playing rugby ? Why do rugby clubs still exist ? Even if it was only me who likes it ( and it’s not ) that  still makes your statement wrong 

I agree rugby is probably a minority sport in most areas of LIverpool  but you really need to learn to separate fact from fiction, your opinion is just that ( an opinion ) it’s not fact

So here are some tips to try and help you out 

Facts

Some people in North Liverpool do like rugby

The League Cup is a domestic trophy that goes on the clubs honours list

Finishing anywhere other than first in the league does not

Fiction/ Opinion

The Caraboa  Cup is closer to a preseason level of prestige

For most fans it’s just cheap tickets for the kid or a piss up 

Its not a trophy worth celebrating 

I'd guess your about sixty and I've no idea why you're banging on about fact and opinion. 

But since you're being a pendantic bellend here's what I think of you. Enjoy. General character wise you're set in your ways and lacking in the empathy department. If you've not experienced something you can't fathom it. Arrogant and expect respect yet spit feathers because you don't get it as you often don't deserve it. Speaking of you're nobody to me, so it still stands nobody is arsed. 

Thought you live over the water any way? 

Can't see any league cups on our honors list and Aston Villa are ranked below is in success as no one is arsed about a league Cup. 

Imagine you're a footballer, hard one for you I know using your imagination. Who do you go play for the team that finished 7th or the bottom half one that won a cup you've never heard of? 

24 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I'd guess your about sixty and I've no idea why you're banging on about fact and opinion. 

But since you're being a pendantic bellend here's what I think of you. Enjoy. General character wise you're set in your ways and lacking in the empathy department. If you've not experienced something you can't fathom it. Arrogant and expect respect yet spit feathers because you don't get it as you often don't deserve it. Speaking of you're nobody to me, so it still stands nobody is arsed. 

Can't see any league cups on our honors list and Aston Villa are ranked below is in success as no one is arsed about a league Cup. 

Imagine you're a footballer, hard one for you I know using your imagination. Who do you go play for the team that finished 7th or the bottom half one that won a cup you've never heard of? 

😂😂😂 As it goes I’ve travelled the world and seen things you will never see and experienced things you will never have to, so don’t try and preach to me  about things I can’t fathom, and as a result I’ve got an extremely liberal outlook on life , I just don’t suffer fools easily 😉

For the sake of everyone on this forum I will end it there and not respond any further

39 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

😂😂😂 As it goes I’ve travelled the world and seen things you will never see and experienced things you will never have to, so don’t try and preach to me  about things I can’t fathom, and as a result I’ve got an extremely liberal outlook on life , I just don’t suffer fools easily 😉

For the sake of everyone on this forum I will end it there and not respond any further

Seen things I'll never see. Case and point. Most liberals aren't obnoxious and condescending and or brexit voters.

Suffer fools, half the time I ignore you because you're a moron. 

Top 4 get Champions League.

5th, FA Cup winner and League Cup winner gets Europa.

This can change if a Champions League qualifying team wins one of the cups.

The only 100% fool proof guaranteed ways of getting Europe are finishing top 5 or winning a cup. Finishing 6th or 7th means you’re relying on someone else’s success.

Call me a moron but I’d prefer to actually win the first available trophy of the season and guarantee our own fate and enjoy watching Everton lift the first bit of silverware in almost 1/4 of a century. Maybe this WINNING will spur us on to win more and maybe even help us to finish higher up the league... let’s be honest us fans aren’t bothered about getting to finals and winning cups - it’s all about the league position prize money!!!

14 hours ago, pete0 said:

Surely players would rather play in Europe? Winning the league cup gets that. Or is the uefa cup a joke aswell? 🤔

35 minutes ago, nogs said:

As if any professional footballer in the UK and I imagine in Europe has never heard of the League Cup!! 🤣

How many people in the UK still call it the Carling Cup? Personally I couldn't name any league Cup outside of this country. 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Surely players would rather play in Europe? Winning the league cup gets that. Or is the uefa cup a joke aswell? 🤔

I'd rather get Europe through league position. I feel that finishing higher in the league earns it more than winning a cup comp that most teams don't take seriously. 

22 hours ago, pete0 said:

£1.9 mil more for finishing 7th compared to 8th last season.

Last seasons semi final in the league cup generated £3 million (45% for each club) and the final generated £2 million, not to mention the other matches, TV revenues and exposure, the more money from Sponsorship and then the following years revenue generated from playing the Europa League. A group stage participant in this years Europa League gets almost 3 million Euros.

I have no idea why you think finishing in any of the non-Europe spots in the league will generate any prestige. I'm not saying the League Cup has a lot but I dont see how there is any prestige in finishing outside of those slots. How many teams can you name from the Spanish, Italian, German, French leagues that dont finish in the European spots without an internet search? I bet not many people on here could. Very prestigious.

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

£1.9 mil more for finishing 7th compared to 8th last season.

Last seasons semi final in the league cup generated £3 million (45% for each club) and the final generated £2 million, not to mention the other matches, TV revenues and exposure, the more money from Sponsorship and then the following years revenue generated from playing the Europa League. A group stage participant in this years Europa League gets almost 3 million Euros.

I have no idea why you think finishing in any of the non-Europe spots in the league will generate any prestige. I'm not saying the League Cup has a lot but I dont see how there is any prestige in finishing outside of those slots. How many teams can you name from the Spanish, Italian, German, French leagues that dont finish in the European spots without an internet search? I bet not many people on here could. Very prestigious.

I was going from a post on here about the money. 

As for prestige you've just proven my point. I could name a few clubs (used to like German football, currently prefer the Italian watch it for free on the betting sites) but I couldn't name you who won their league Cup though. 

If you were trying to attract a player it's a lot easier to point at a league position than it is to convince them with some cup teams play their reserves in. 

54 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Personally I couldn't name any league Cup outside of this country. 

I don't think any other country has one, or you could say that they all do but they don't have an FA Cup (one that includes hundreds of non-league teams). Actually thinking about it the second option is the better description of what other countries have because all European Countries have a cup that just the league teams enter as far as I know so the Copa del Rey (for example) is a "league cup" but Spain don't have a mass participation cup like the FA, and neither does anyone else, again as far as I know.

47 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I was going from a post on here about the money. 

As for prestige you've just proven my point. I could name a few clubs (used to like German football, currently prefer the Italian watch it for free on the betting sites) but I couldn't name you who won their league Cup though. 

If you were trying to attract a player it's a lot easier to point at a league position than it is to convince them with some cup teams play their reserves in. 

Not really... I couldn't name who finished 7th or 8th in La Liga or who won the EFL cup equivalent. 

If I was a player I think I would rather go to a team that finished 9th and won a trophy the previous year than finished 8th and still has an empty cabinet. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

How many people in the UK still call it the Carling Cup? Personally I couldn't name any league Cup outside of this country. 

I'd rather get Europe through league position. I feel that finishing higher in the league earns it more than winning a cup comp that most teams don't take seriously. 

french coupe de la ligue.  they are the only other top 5 league that has 2 cups.  la liga bundesliga and serie a all have only 1 domestic cup.

On 31/10/2019 at 09:00, Cisk said:

I dont think any of us can complain with this EFL Cup campaign to date - Marco has gone strong in each fixture to be fare.

Performances could have been better at times but we are still in the hat and at the quarters. From here on in I see us as the underdogs in each fixture if we progress (this sometimes helps us)

Atmosphere would be alot worse if we lost any of these games combined with current league form.

The way we’ve been playing recently, we’d by underdogs against Colchester, let alone Leicester reserves. 

22 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

We wouldn’t be playing Leicester reserves anyway, they have been taking it seriously and fielding strong sides

We shall see. 

On 31/10/2019 at 09:30, MikeO said:

He has to go to the Etihad four days later and then play Liverpool five days after that; if they keep up the form they're in currently the League Cup will be the least of his targets. They'll be odds-on top four contenders.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...