IGNORED

Carabao Cup

MikeO

18 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

or wolves/villa winner.  i would take them too.  united don't look great and if they beat chelsea i'd be fine with them.  i just don't want the shite or city really.

The shite at home would be explosive, I would love that and if you’re going to get to the final I would rather beat the best on the way. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

The shite at home would be explosive, I would love that and if you’re going to get to the final I would rather beat the best on the way. 

i would rather see city and the shite get each other, and then one of them get united after that and get knocked out.  i'd love to see colchester in the final instead of city.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Only thing I'd be interested in from it is qualifying for Europe, but we should be doing that through the league. 

You don’t want to see us lift a cup? As with many on here, I was too young to fully appreciate the 80s success so have only seen us win the FA Cup (and Charity Shield) and that was far too long ago!!! I’ve been lucky enough to see us at Wembley a few times in more recent years but I want to see us lift a trophy and don’t understand any fan who wouldn’t want this.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

So you wouldn’t go to Wembley if we made the final?  

I'd go, just like I'd happily go a preseason game. 

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

You don’t want to see us lift a cup? As with many on here, I was too young to fully appreciate the 80s success so have only seen us win the FA Cup (and Charity Shield) and that was far too long ago!!! I’ve been lucky enough to see us at Wembley a few times in more recent years but I want to see us lift a trophy and don’t understand any fan who wouldn’t want this.

No more than I wanted us to pick up the sports pesa trophy. If we won and done a bus tour I wouldn't go to celebrate it. 

Man City or Liverpool would be worst draw (as in, duh).  One minor plus if we draw Reds: because they play in Club World Cup in Qatar in Dec, their League Cup match will be delayed to Jan 7-ish, much better for us because of our brutal December.  Too minor to be of sufficient consolation, admittedly.

Not trying to be controversial, just curious — would anyone actually prefer to draw Liverpool?

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Like the one they beat us with in the FA cup a few years ago. 

That's why I said, "we have a chance":D

Remember the days when we always seemed to draw Arsenal in it? Wenger would put out a third string littered with 16/17 year olds and they'd beat our first XI by four or five every time.